Heartbreaking Moments?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:24 pm

Kazuki wrote:Episode 200, just becuase I know it's over, the depressing feeling when you've finally finished watching a show you love and knowing it wont continue again, and the eding for me was quite porrly done, so that made me even sadder ;-;.

Episode 200 did have that depressing feel to it and you have that feeling like "This is it" and "the show won't continue on for another season"--But I think it was right to end this series with Sailor Stars--if the show continued who knows what would have happened--shows that usually go on for so many years with so many seasons usually end up going off the air because of lower ratings. Even though it would be nice to see a Sailor Moon film about Crystal Tokyo in the future but it's great to end it the way it is. But this is just my opinion though. At least we have 200 great episodes, some excellent SM "Specials" and 3 magnificent films. :D

Kazuki
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Kazuki » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:24 pm

Yeah, I know XD, it was good we got so much, yet I felt the ending for episode 200 was just tieing the Stars season up, not the anime as a whole.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:01 pm

[spoiler]*In episode 45, when the Senshi would try to save Sailor Moon but ended up getting killed.

*In episode 46, when Mamoru was dying, and he said to Usagi, something along the lines of "When you get back to Earth, you find yourself a cool boyfriend." Then he dies, and Usagi just starts bawling. I couldn't help but bawl along with her.[/spoiler]

*In R, whenever Chibi-Usa would get homesick, or start missing her mom and dad, or when Wise-Man manipulated her thoughts into thinking everyone hated her, so she would turn evil.

*In S, when Hotaru was having flashbacks about people being mean to her about her "healing powers", or when Kaolinight would mistreat her. That always made me sad.

[spoiler]And I don't remember this scene EXACTLY, but I think it went something like:
In SS, the Youma killed either Hawks Eye or Tigers Eye, and Fish Eye starts bawling. But then Whoever got killed was brought back to life, and then the Amazon Trio see their dream mirrors come out, and I think Fish Eye says "Oh look, we were people after all!" And I think they turn back into animals or something.
Don't quote me, word for word on that, it's been ages since I've seen that episode directly...[/spoiler]
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:10 pm

1) the episode when nephrite dies. naru's scream just kills me.

2) season 1 finale when everyone dies.

3) when mamoru breaks up with usagi, and she goes into the phone booth and cries. and all the episodes after that when se tries to win him back.

4) R movie. i cried for most of the movie.

5) S movie, when luna's crying. we dont see luna cry very often, so its pretty sad when she does.

6) the whole neptune/uranus death in S

7) the S finale, with the mistress 9/ hotaru thing

8) super S finale

9) when mamo-chan leaves for america. makes me cry every time.

10) any time when usagi is missing mamoru in stars

11) usagi and seiya on the roof, and usagi is screaming for mamo-chan, and all seiya can do is watch

12) the famous "am i not enough?"

13) when princess kakyuu dies. the screams are too much for me.

14) the entire stars finale, everyone dying, ect.

hmm... it seems i cry an aweful lot watching sailor moon... lol!

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

otakugirl17
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by otakugirl17 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:13 pm

Episode 42 about Minako's past as Sailor V. Only one that showed me another side to Minako that's not seen in later seasons.

Episode 45 when the inners died. I was crying when I saw that and hated the rape DIC did to that episode.

When Uranus and Neptune 'died' after their talismans were taken. Michiru was so determined to save Haruka it was heart wrenching.

When Hotaru fought Mistress 9 for control of her body and Tomoe's regret for everything he'd done while trying to save her.

When Sailor Moon tried to become Super Sailor Moon after the Grail was destroyed. The dub version of this was forced and didn't the emotional impact the original had.

Sailor Moon trying to save an unconcious Chibimoon after being thrown off of the Black Moon Circus. I loved when they gained wings. A cute and rare mother/daughter moment.

Seiya asking Usagi "Am I not good enough?" scene from Stars.

Mars, Uranus, and Neptune's death in Stars. So touching and the 'I want to touch you're hand' moment with Neptune and Uranus was too sad. The other senshi got cheap deaths.

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:11 am

Episode 15, when Usagi says "He looks like a loser!" about the groom.

:( Poor, unassuming groom-to-be.

*KEEP-SM-ALIVE*
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by *KEEP-SM-ALIVE* » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:20 pm

(I've only mainly seen dub, so i'm using dub terms here...
*The Past Returns episode where Darien and Serena are seperated by Queen Beryl and she jumps/runs after him...real sad.
*In The SM R movie where Fiore is sucking the energy from Sailor Moon and when Darien is hurt by Fiore's razor claws trying to save Serena. And at the end where the silver crystal breaks and everyone is sad and crying around her.
*When Rini is taken away in the SS movie on the ship
*When Darien was evil at the end of the original and was trying to kill Moon and she was trying to make him remember.
*In S, when Uranus and Neptune die when they *sacrifice* themselves and they're crystals are taken out.
*When Zoycite is banished and Malachite is sad and everything.
*Pretty much the last episode of S! Very dramatic and sad -tear-
*The episode Treed with Alan and Ann when Alan embraces Ann thinking she had died and they turned good. And Darien and Serena's determination.
*And Lots More...*

Annie
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Annie » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:21 pm

God, there are so many heartbreaking scenes in Sailor Moon. Here are some of my favourites:

1) When Uranus and Neptune die in episode 198 and try to touch each other before they fade away
2) When Uranus tells Star Fighter to watch over Sailor Moon before she dies
3) When Uranus and Neptune get their talismans extracted
4) When Seiya asks Usagi why he's not good enough
5) When Seiya confesses his love to Usagi
6) All the scenes where the Outer Senshi and the Starlight try to keep Usagi and Seiya away from each other...I kept thinking about Romeo and Juliet, lol
7) When Uranus and Neptune are about to submit to Galaxia and they say the whole "If I can be with you, I won't mind selling my soul to the devil" thing
8) The last line in episode 46 when Usagi is making her wish for everything to return normal
9) Basically everything in the R movie
10) When Helios kisses Chibiusa near the end of the SuperS season and she wakes up
11) When Mamoru breaks up with Usagi in R
12) All of the last episode of the Ali and En arc in R
13) When Safir and Prince Demande die
14) When Usagi tries to turn the evil Prince Endymion back at the end of the first season

I have a lot...there are tons more but those are all I can think of for now.

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:42 pm

I have to agree with all of the ones already said.

I think the hardest episode for me to watch (that hasn't already been said) was episode 69. Especially the end of it, and how, although Tuxedo Mask saves Sailor Moon, he still can't let himself near her. It broke my heart in both the dub and the sub versions of that episode to see Usagi crying as she knelt next to the crushed rose that he had left.

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:28 pm

Series 3 episode 1 of the Dub, hearing that voice, no more perfect crying, whinening

When Hotaru told Chibi-usa the can't be friends any more.

episode 169/170 when the senshi are fighting for sailor moon, specially when Jupiter fights and says don't give up sailor moon

The episode where sailor mercury was accused of cheating and everyone was badmouthing her, upto the point where she was having a nevous breakdown

Sailor Aluminium death, that was uncessary

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:32 pm

[spoiler]the last episode of R was probably the most heartbreaking moment for me. I know it's almost a repeat of the Classic season, but the way Chibiusa thinks her mom doesn't love her, and how she finally realizes she is loved...It's just so bitter-sweet. I cried for 30 minutes after that episode was done.[/spoiler]

SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by SailorMoonFan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:32 am

Another thing which I think was heartbreaking in Sailor Moon R (the last episode with the battle between Neo-Queen Serenity & Wiseman) is when Chibi-Usa sees her mother again in the future and it's one of the most memorable emotional scenes in the series. There are TONS of heartbreaking scenes in Sailor Moon and that just makes the series more stronger in character development and more poignant and it makes the shows even better.
Current Sailor Moon Season watched: Re-watching Sailor Moon Classic
Episode 15: "Usagi is Frantic! Rei''s First Date"

sailorceres
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailorceres » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:27 am

omg theres a ton. i dont really remember the episodes they were all in but here goes:
-sailor deaths in classic, i think the saddest are mars and venus.
- naru-chans anguish when nephrite dies
-serenity following endymion and dying after the battle on the moon.
-queen serenity's cry of loss when she sees princess serenity is dead.
-quuen serenity dying by using moon healing escalation.
- usagi crying in various episodes of r when mamoru is ignoring her.
- every time moonlight densetsu plays as the locket melody
- in the r movie; when tuxedo kamen protects usagi from fiore's nails, when the sailor senshi are remembering being alone and how important usagi is to them
-usagi's death in the r movie and mars' desperation
- chibi usa crying when pegasus wont come because she is an adult.
- chibi usa crying when she sees helios suffering becaus of nehelenia
- luna crying about her love in th s movie
-usagi crying at seeing chibi usa passed out in fornt of nehelenia
- after pharoh 90 takes the grail and usagi keeps shouting "Moon Crisis, Make up!"
- usagi running through the snow in the beginning of stars
- usagi going through the path of thorns to get to nehelinia's castle
-usagi holding a fading chibiusa and crying
- nehelenia trying to kill usagi
- when seiya says to usagi "am i not good enough"
- usagi crying on her bed because chibiusa is in the 30th century and mamoru is going to america
- usagi's realization that mamoru is dead
- galaxia cutting the sword saior cosmos gives usagi, therefore kiling chibi chibi
- princess kakyuu's death and the stars grieving

wheh! i think thats all i got
Aitto Seigi, Sailor no Bishojo Senshi, Seera Mun! Tsukini Kawatte, Oshioki Yo!

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:30 pm

1) When Sammy accidentally breaks a doll of Mika's because his friends were teasing him.

2) Neflite dies while saving Molly and Molly is hurt and in pain because of it.

3) When Luna wants to be human so that she can with Kakeru

4) Luna meets up with Artemis at the airport.

5) When Ann dies by the Doom Tree.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:30 pm

-ep 24 (u know what im gonna say) Nephrite!!!! chocolate parfaits so sad. Nephrite always has been and always will be my favourite villian. Then they made me relive it 2 eps later!

-anytime Mamoru/all his other characters gets hurt. He's my favourite character, even if he is a jerk sometimes.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:36 pm

Off-Topic but how are Chocolate Parfaits sad? :?:
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:00 am

Sailor V wrote:Off-Topic but how are Chocolate Parfaits sad? :?:
She's referring to the line where Nephrite says they can't share chocolate parfaits, because he's dying, becuase earlier in the episode, they had promised to eat a chocolate parfait together.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:42 pm

Oh! I get it now. In that case, yes, it was very sad. But Nephrite is watching over Molly in heaven, and hopefully not the other place.
Last edited by Sailor V on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:07 pm

I think it would have been awesome if when Naru and Umino started dating that they would have shown a transparent picture of him smiling in the sky (kinda like that pinkey swear thing in the first season) to show that he was happy that Naru found someone.

Back on topic...
In ep 45 when all the senshi died, especcialy Mars. She fought till the VERY end. excuse me, my keyboard is getting wet. :cry:
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by mizangelamy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:06 pm

Manga:
1. Usagi killing herself when Mamoru was killed by Beryl.

2.Black Lady seeing Sailor Pluto died realize that she was her only friend.

3.Usagi seeing Mamoru and her friends getting their star seed taken in front of her eyes.

Anime:

1. Mamoru breaking up with Usagi

2. Mamoru leaving for America but really he didnt.

3. Sailor Senshi getting their star seed taken.

4. Seiya asked Usagi "am i not good enough"

5. Mamoru taken by the Dark Kingdom when Usagi regaining memories of the Moon Kingdom.
James and I are happily waiting to see our first born son on April 22, 2009!
Mrs. Green is happily married to her airman since May 10, 2008
"Gee, I never thought I had an effect on people until I was in Korea."~ Marilyn Monroe ~
"Not knowing of the dawn, not seeing the coming night, only my garnet eye crosses time, and I think of the people I love."~ Garnet Guardian from SM Memorial Song Box ~
"...the secret song of love is locked deep in my heart."~ Secret from SM Memorial Song Box ~

MySpace= add me!