Live action PGSM!

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

sailormelvin
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

episode 4

Post by sailormelvin » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:11 pm

I liked episode 4 alot it was basically a let's get to know rei episode but i think it was handled very well one biff i have though is, is c'est la vie supposed to have powers now I think it is a great song and all but it obviously helps the soldiers immensly with their battle and they couldn't have one without it, also how did rei know all the words we never knew she even liked Aino Minako, also Tuxedo Mask and Queen Beryl should both know for sure who the senshi really as they like shout their names to each other while fighting :lol:
Tuxedo Umino will protect you!

"I know there isn't a god but I want to believe in something! That's what I'm thinking as Cherry blossoms fall." Courtesy of Hino Rei Chan my home slice since 1997

shansen
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by shansen » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:31 am

Well, I had seen a couple little bits of episode 1, but today I finally watched the entire episode.

Personally, I think it's awful. I mean, it got so stupid that I (and everyone else who came to my anime club's showing) just laughed at everything. It was just painful.

The only thing I'm happy about is that I didn't use up any of my bandwidth downloading it.

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:18 pm

Well, it definitely gets a whole lot better by Act 5! :P I do agree, everything in Act 1 was cheesy (except for Sailor V's debut). I've got to say, my new favorite character in this continuity has got to be Ami-chan! I read the illustrated summary at Serecindra's site and I've noticed that Mercury does a lot of flips like what Sailor V did in Act 1. :P And the more I watch it, the more prettier Sailor Moon gets. I don't know why! I used to like Mars from the press pictures. But in action, she doesn't look as pretty... :? In Act 3, Sailor V's running style is ridiculous. Thank goodness Mercury doesn't run like that in Act 5. Be thankful peoples! :P

Also, in Act 5, it shows a bit of Makoto at the end. I think she looks better with that shorter skirt. In the manga and anime, I remember it was longer. :P Also, I like Makoto's straight ponytail instead of Jupiter's curly one. :?

Obsessive Touga Fan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Obsessive Touga Fan » Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:22 pm

I think they're all really pretty... but my favourite has to be Rei/Mars so far. She just has the cooooool attititude. I like her :D

... Actually, no, she still comes second after Usagi. I think Usagi will always be my favourite.

Usagi and Mamoru. Jyoji Shibue is just plain hot. But now I'm beating a dead horse ^^;

</ramble>

Episode 5 was excellent. Copied and pasted from my post at Genvid:

The way Ami was characterised in this episode is far above and beyond anything from the anime or manga. If it continues to be this good, I can't see myself having any doubt in saying that PGSM is better than the anime (currently it's too early for me to say for definite). I've gone into much more detail about this here... suffice it to say, in many ways this was the best episode so far.

At the same time, it was quite different to the other episodes. On the battle side of things there really... wasn't much. At least that means less random twirls and gratituitous panty shots? And the heavy focus on Ami meant less focus on Usagi, which is kind of a bad thing. Also, did they run out of money for CG? Luna was a puppet for all of the few seconds she appeared.

This episode had lots of really cute and funny moments... most of which have slipped my mind at this moment. The only ones that really stick out are Ami's bizarre vision of Usagi shooting her, and Naru's whore makeup. Oh, and the Usagi/Mamoru scene - where they finally learnt each other's names - was quite amusing.

YAY! Jupiter next week!

marspeach
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by marspeach » Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:01 pm

I like all the girls so far and it's too hard to pick a favorite.

One of Usagi's friends, the short ones, looks just like a girl at my school. Similar facial bone structure, height, overall body shape, and even the EXACT SAME HAIRSTYLE. It's very weird...

I was very happy not to see any twirling in Act 5 and surprised to see Sailor Mercury flip like that.

Give LASM another chance, shansen. At least see Act 5, it was very good!
I am a loser!

shansen
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by shansen » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:06 am

marspeach wrote:Give LASM another chance, shansen. At least see Act 5, it was very good!
Maybe I will ... but not right away. I'm kind of in the middle of a whole bunch of other series right now (10 that I'm really following, and at least another 3 or 4 that I've sort of been downloading, although not recently ... not to mention stuff associated with my club's showings).

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:37 am

Obsessive Touga Fan wrote: Jyoji Shibue is just plain hot.
But that doesn't excuse his crappy haircut now does it?
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Obsessive Touga Fan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Obsessive Touga Fan » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:16 am

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:
Obsessive Touga Fan wrote: Jyoji Shibue is just plain hot.
But that doesn't excuse his crappy haircut now does it?
It doesn't... but conversely, the crappy haircut can't make me ignore his hotness :P

marspeach
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by marspeach » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:42 pm

I don't think his hair cut is all that bad. I'm not crazy about the longer hair in the back, but if that were cut I'd like his hair. He really is hot.
I am a loser!

Sailor Sapphire
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sailor Sapphire » Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:08 pm

I can't wait to see Sailor Jupiter! She's my fav. Sailor!
Bringing a presence that's cold as ice, I am the icy cool Gem Senshi, Sailor Sapphire!

Sapphire Gem Power, make up!

J Anderson
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by J Anderson » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:05 pm

Finally saw episode 1.

For the first episode, some of it seems like they were rushing it. The CGI Luna was passable, but the hand monster looks about 10 years old. For the most part, it wasn't any cheesier than a few other live-acion superhero shows that have been made, though.

I do think Jadeite's wig could be toned down. And maybe it's just me, but Mercury's blue wig could have been a few shades darker, as well.

Anna Roz
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Anna Roz » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:40 pm

I can't wait for Mako-chan to appear..I wonder if they'll give the "Flower Hurricane" attack or one of her lightning ones? Or maybe an all-new attack? What I'm concerned about is how they'll deal with Venus' entrance. Will she act as a decoy princess like in the manga with the crescent moon and everything? What about Artemis? IF he appears, it's likely he'll be a plushie, but..I'm concerned about how the other two Shitenno will be, apparently Zoisite's going to have silver hair and a cape from what I've heard. Isn't that how Kunzite's supposed to look? Then again, Nephrite didn't look like his anime/manga counterpart..I really want to see how Princess Serenity and Prince Endymion will look, as well as Queen Serenity. Where is Kenji-papa, though? Hmmm..

*stares suspiciously at Usagi, who is pigging out*

You wouldn't have happened to eat him, would you?

Usagi:"mmph?" *has a mouthful of dark hair and a pair of glasses is lying on the floor. A skeleton with nerdy glasses is lying nearby, and a white cat's tail is also sticking out of her mouth*

Minako:"Artemis! Nooooo!"

Um..sorry about that, *whacks self with back on topic stick*

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:17 am

Anna Roz, I think Usagi is actually innocent.

*looks at Chisaki Hama, who is also pigging out*
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

Sailor Sapphire
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sailor Sapphire » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:19 pm

I know I'm dreaming far into the future, but if the Outers were to enter the Live action world, what would THEY look like?
Bringing a presence that's cold as ice, I am the icy cool Gem Senshi, Sailor Sapphire!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:57 am

Sailor Sapphire wrote:I know I'm dreaming far into the future, but if the Outers were to enter the Live action world, what would THEY look like?
I imagine just as hot as the others *_* Mmmm, Haruka...

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:14 am

and the Starlights?
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:53 am

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:and the Starlights?
Let's not go there please bad bad metal inmage of bad bad hair do's

I saw the first episode last week what was whit all the spining. I agree wiht wht someone said on ehre it did seemed rushed Luna just sacred me witless. It was a sahme about Jedites wig as he looks so good wihtout it
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:55 am

I'm not sure, but if they're following the manga, they might be girls all the time. Also, the gender-change would be a little harder to put into live-action than in animated drawings.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Sailor Sapphire
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sailor Sapphire » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:38 am

Just so you know, the Sailor Senshi Page (a very good source for SM information, IMO) has video of the live action transformations and attacks, and thats where I got my videos

Going to go there and see if they've posted the Jupiter stuff yet

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:46 am

Rainbow wrote:
I'm not sure, but if they're following the manga, they might be girls all the time. Also, the gender-change would be a little harder to put into live-action than in animated drawings.
I'd imagine the transformation itself woudn't be so hard...they'd substitute the male actor for the female one when they day "Make UP", and go on with the twirlies and the spinies and the happy music.

Finding three actor/actress pairs that looked similar, however, might be difficult ^^;;
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back