Live action PGSM!

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Obsessive Touga Fan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Obsessive Touga Fan » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:35 am

himawari wrote:Michiru Oshima, the music conductor of the PGSM series, mentioned in her official site(her August 31th and so on diary entries) that the series is going to be on air for one year, so there's no way it is going to be 12 episodes only. We don't know if that one year is all going to be for the first season though. It doesn't look like it now, but from various info that I'm getting, it seems like there are going to be a lot of fillers in this series.
[spoiler]According to Japanese sources and local TV mags summaries, Act 5 and Act 7 are going to have an original story line. Act 6, where they're going to meet Makoto, is going to be almost original.[/spoiler][/b]
I wouldn't describe that as "a lot of filler"... not when you consider that in the anime in took 25 episodes to get to that point.

If they're adding filler, I imagine a year will cover the Dark Kingdom and Black Moon arcs, or maybe those and the Infinity arc. I can't see them spending ~52 episodes on just the Dark Kingdom when they've been going at such a fast pace so far.

marspeach
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by marspeach » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:46 am

To any one who has downloaded Act 2 from TV Nihon- Does it have any audio problems on it like the RAW version did?? Just checking. I can't download it now because I'm at school but I will as soon as I get home, even if it did have problems.
I am a loser!

himawari
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by himawari » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:30 am

I wouldn't describe that as "a lot of filler"... not when you consider that in the anime in took 25 episodes to get to that point.
Hmm, well I guess you're right :) But I think this series is going to have a lot of original episodes(or at least add something original to the plot). I can't especially wait for Act 6 and 7!

BTW, got this from a Japanese board. Very interesting

The opening of PGSM. Song: Moonlight Densetsu :lol:
http://tinyurl.com/rx6v

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:14 pm

Hmm....that was a weird experience... :o In my opinion, the song doesn't match the feel of the live action at all. Or it may just be that I'm used to listening to Kirari Sailor Dream! Cool video though, the song is the exact length of the intro! How did they do that?! :P

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:07 pm

himawari wrote:
Hmm, well I guess you're right :) But I think this series is going to have a lot of original episodes(or at least add something original to the plot). I can't especially wait for Act 6 and 7!

BTW, got this from a Japanese board. Very interesting

The opening of PGSM. Song: Moonlight Densetsu :lol:
http://tinyurl.com/rx6v
oooh, i thought was like a site that people were...nevermind. hmmm another hting to downlaod :?
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:41 pm

marspeach: The TV-Nihon sub doesn't have that audio glitch (different encoding). On my computer, there's a slight video delay in the opening credits, but nothing I'm going to lose sleep over ^^;;
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:47 am

:D I wonder what Takeuchi Naoko would think of their "twirling"? But I really believe that they should have everyone do what Sailor V did in Act 1. :? Because they do have a stuntswoman right? So why not for Moon and Mercury too? Since "they are soldiers so they should know how to fight", it's no problem since they are soldiers and not just teenage girls. :?

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:57 am

Well, was that a stunt double for Ayaka? I mean, since Miyuu did that feat of contortion by herself (when she did Moon Healing Escalation). I'm SURE she did it *goes to check*...
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

himawari
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by himawari » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:29 am

Sakuya wrote::D I wonder what Takeuchi Naoko would think of their "twirling"? But I really believe that they should have everyone do what Sailor V did in Act 1. :? Because they do have a stuntswoman right? So why not for Moon and Mercury too? Since "they are soldiers so they should know how to fight", it's no problem since they are soldiers and not just teenage girls. :?
Those twirling are done by the stunt doubles. Ever wondered why when they kept the camera focused on their, ehem, lower part of their bodies(you could't distinguish their faces) while doing those "dances"? So that the faces of the stunts won't be discovered(err-, sorry. I can't think of another word to express that). I didn't check, but according to some, compare and look really carefully at the sizes of the legs of actresses' and the senshi's leg while they're twirling.

But that was until Act 3, won't know if the actresses themselves will be doing those in the next episodes until they're aired. Read that Miyuu really entered that bear mascot in the next episode :shock: (it was also in the preview)

Speaking of Takeuchi sensei, in the manga vol. 3 deluxe edition, she mentioned about visting a shooting. She said that the 5 were very beautiful and cute, and they perfectly match her image of the characters. Jyoji(Tuxy) during that time was very nervous and was making a lot of mistakes, it seems.&#12288;After being told(read: scolded) by the director that he lack the will and(or) effort in finding the ginzuisho, he changed into the "manly(big chances I'm not getting what Sensei's trying to describe)" Tuxedo Kamen.
Well, was that a stunt double for Ayaka? I mean, since Miyuu did that feat of contortion by herself (when she did Moon Healing Escalation). I'm SURE she did it *goes to check*...
No official confirmation, but I'm pretty much sure that it was a stunt double, Tomomi Hanzawa(you could check her name in the credits, "G-Rockets" then her name in kanji), a ballerina from a group called G-Rockets, who did Moon's ballet. In the making and during the scene, they did covered the lower part of Sailor Moon's body when she lifted it up. And yes, it was a stunt double too for Sailor V in the first eppy(I couldn't find information about who did it though)

BTW, who wants a Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon calendar? :lol: (seven pages. 2 months for every page. 1,600 yen. To be on sale by the end of October. The online store in the link above doesn't ship internationally)

p.s. the words in red are links

marspeach
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by marspeach » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:21 pm

They need stunt doubles for the stupid spinning moves??? Anybody can twirl around like that? Are they afraid the girls will get dizzy? The twirls are stupid and I can't believe they needed stunt doubles. Aargh. This show would be so much more dramatic if they improved the cheesy fight scenes (and get more "realistic" looking youma. Realistic being in quotations because, you know, youma aren't actually real or anything...)
I am a loser!

himawari
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by himawari » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:19 pm

marspeach wrote:They need stunt doubles for the stupid spinning moves??? Anybody can twirl around like that? Are they afraid the girls will get dizzy? The twirls are stupid and I can't believe they needed stunt doubles. Aargh. This show would be so much more dramatic if they improved the cheesy fight scenes (and get more "realistic" looking youma. Realistic being in quotations because, you know, youma aren't actually real or anything...)
Maybe their talent production offices(managers) didn't allow it? They're new talents with very bright futures. Twirling means your skirt spreading out and well, underwear exposed(leotards). And maybe they(the staff) thought that the dances might be done prettier if done by professionals? It might be that the twirlings and dances are to make the fighting scenes look "pretty", skirts twirling, ballet dances...The main target audience are young girls who likes them *shrugs* (But, heh, I also think they're quite stupid but I really don't mind)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:58 pm

marspeach wrote:They need stunt doubles for the stupid spinning moves??? Anybody can twirl around like that? Are they afraid the girls will get dizzy? The twirls are stupid and I can't believe they needed stunt doubles. Aargh. This show would be so much more dramatic if they improved the cheesy fight scenes (and get more "realistic" looking youma. Realistic being in quotations because, you know, youma aren't actually real or anything...)
No, not anybody can do that. A lot of people are uncoordinated, including myself. It may seem simple to you, and it probably is simple to you, but not everyone is the same.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

MiyukiMoon
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by MiyukiMoon » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:30 pm

I think the fighting in Episode 3 was much better layed out than that of the previous episodes. We have a geniune roundhouse kick, sweeps, jumps, and all that good stuff :-D ::cant wait until tomorrow to DL ep 4::
CODENAME WA MOON PRISM POWER...
Tsuki no Hikari

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:39 pm

Really?! I can't wait to see Act 3 then! Oh I forgot! Act 4 airs today in Japan. :P

I have to wonder, will Naru suffer the same fate as in the anime? Will she disappear again? :? I feel kind of sorry for her. Since Usagi has found 4 new friends, she begins to drift away from Naru. So what will Naru do?! Won't she be all alone?! :cry: Plus, in the live action, she might not have Umino.

marspeach
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by marspeach » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:19 pm

I totally agree. I always wished Usagi would have eventually told Naru that she was Sailormoon, in the manga at least. Makoto told Asanuma, and they told Motoki. Why couldn't she tell her "best" friend?

I saw Act 4 today. Very cute, some cheesy parts, and a stupid fall from a roof, but still good.
I am a loser!

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:25 pm

I don't know about the manga, but I've heard that it's implied in one of the last episodes of R that Naru DOES know who Usagi really is. I think she tells Usagi to "take care," and some people think that while it's just a general goodbye greeting, others think that it implies she knows that Usagi is going to be in a big battle with the Doom Phantom soon. I'm not sure which way to take myself.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

MiyukiMoon
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by MiyukiMoon » Sat Oct 25, 2003 2:53 pm

Act 4 was pretty good IMO, except what's with them calling each other their real names while they are in henshin? They might as well kept them all with black hair, if they keep this up.
CODENAME WA MOON PRISM POWER...
Tsuki no Hikari

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:23 pm

Well, they did the same thing in the anime...or maybe the villains are deaf? :?

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:03 pm

When they do it in the anime:
1) They say the regular names in front of the monsters usually, who just get killed at the end of each episode, or...
2) If a villain finds out who even one of the Senshi is in regular form, it means they'll be killed soon. Jadeite and Aluminum Siren are both good examples of this.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:35 pm

Nephrite looks different. He looks so...different! XD But in my opinion, he looks better than Jadeite. In the manga, I don't even believe Jadeite's hair was that curly. I mean who wouldn't think it would look hideous? :? I wonder what he would look like if they replaced his wig with a short, less curly one?