Geneon Announces SuperS Re-releases

When news is posted to the site, a thread will be created here for discussion on that news item.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Silver Serenity
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Silver Serenity » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:26 pm

Prons wrote:
Silver Serenity wrote:They have made both an S and SuperS box set, but Genon also re-released both seasons single DVDs at a lower price.
Oh Bless You! If you didn't tell me I would live my life in confusion. Shame I missed out on the First Season Box, I can't find them on Overstock anymore.
I'm sorry, are you being sarcastic? You asked a question and I answered it.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:51 pm

Prons wrote:Maybe you could sell your individual DVDs and save up some cash, change, what ever to fill the price gap?
Actually, that sounds like a good idea. Mabye I could do that, not sure yet. Thanks.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:22 am

Here's batches of articles of the GSS annoumcements that don't really merit their own threads.

http://www.smuncensored.com/news.php?id=71
Tonight Geneon has let out release info for a good portion of the fall season, including Sailor Moon SuperS: Pegasus Collection III. The DVD will be re-released under Geneon's Signature Series for $19.98 on October 12, 2004.

Also, I missed the announcement of the second SMSS DVD SS release (all the initials got you confused? good ^_^ ), and that will hit the streets on September 14, 2004 retailing for $19.98.
http://www.smuncensored.com/news.php?id=72
With Geneon's lists for their November releases announced, the next in the GSS line for SMSS has been announced in the lists. Sailor Moon SuperS: Pegasus Collection IV will have it's GSS re-release on Tuesday, November 9th, 2004 and will retail for $19.98.
http://www.smuncensored.com/news.php?id=73
Slipping under my radar when they were announced, but still a ways off from the releases, Geneon announced the next two Sailor Moon SuperS DVDs in their Signature Series Line. Like the rest, they will retail for $19.98 and the dates are as follows:

* Sailor Moon SuperS: Pegasus Collection V - Tuesday, December 14, 2004
* Sailor Moon SuperS: Pegasus Collection VI - Tuesday, January 4, 2005

The release date of the final GSS release of SMSS has yet to be announced, though it's very likely to be released in Febuary 2005 and also likely to retail at a lower price as there are only three episodes on it as opposed to the normal six for this season.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:21 pm

Meh, who'd have thought they would announce this last one so gd soon?

http://www.smuncensored.com/news.php?id=74
Well, just a day after my last article regarding the Geneon Signature Series re-releases of Sailor Moon SuperS, the final disc has been announced. Sailor Moon SuperS: Pegasus Collection VII will be re-released on Tuesday, Febuary 1st, 2005 and will retail for $14.95.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:12 pm

That's weird, the disc is so small but it is still $15? :? Wasn't the original price like that?

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:55 pm

Checking retailers, yep, there's no price difference between the current DVD7 and the GSS DVD7. Pretty stupid to re-release a disc under a budget product line if the price doesn't change. Sure it's still a few bucks less than the others, but should be closer to half the price, $10 tops for the GSS release.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP