Geneon Announces SuperS Re-releases

When news is posted to the site, a thread will be created here for discussion on that news item.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Geneon Announces SuperS Re-releases

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:01 am

http://www.smuncensored.com/news.php?id=70
Very recentally, Geneon has released their new product info for the month of August. Not to slow down the monthly pace of Sailor Moon re-releases, SuperS will begun to be sold the month after S will be complete. The Signature Series re-release of Sailor Moon SuperS: Pegasus Collection I, will be on August 10, 2004, and will retail for $19.98.

That is not all however. While the announcement of the S Thin-pak box made it seem that SuperS would get one as well, I'm sure I can safely say that no one expected it to come out this soon. The Sailor Moon SuperS Thin-pak box will be released on August 3, 2004, and will retail for $99.98. I have seen a couple places list this as a 13-disc set, and would like to make clear that this is NOT true. Both the S and SuperS seasons combined have 13 discs, alone S has 6 and SuperS 7. Someone has seemed to get some info jumbled up along the way, but the minute counts for each of the boxes show that each season box will have only the specified season discs in the said box, no more and no less.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:11 pm

There hasn't been any date announced yet as to when Geneon will lose their rights to the S and Supers seasons, has there? I defiently plan on buying the S boxset this Christmas, but I won't be able to buy the Supers boxset until my birthday gets here next year, so I was wondering when Geneon will lose their rights to these seasons.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:33 pm

When I hear someone from Geneon making a formal announcement in some way or form, it will be announced here, just like the announcements on ADV with the first seasons and Geneon with the movies.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:50 pm

I was so confused when I saw (I think on) AnimeNewsNetwork.com had SS with 13 disks O_o I thought that was a little too high.

Well, I probably won't buy the thin packs for this one because I didn't really enjoy this season so much. But I wouldn't mind it for Christmas.
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

sailor53
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by sailor53 » Sat May 29, 2004 5:09 pm

Here is the cover art for the Boxset:
http://www.animecastle.com/tbimages/15813.lg.jpg
Remember, every downhill has its uphill.

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Sat May 29, 2004 7:35 pm

Man, I was hoping for the Super Sailor Moon/Nehelenia cover for the boxart. But it's pretty nice. For some reason it looks better than the first SuperS cover.

Maybe it's just me...

Now THAT I want for my DVDs..

sailor53
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by sailor53 » Sat May 29, 2004 7:56 pm

I think this cover looks better than the original too. The colors look better. :wink: I already have the original releases but since the box is nice I might buy them again.
Remember, every downhill has its uphill.

bewitchingchild
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by bewitchingchild » Sun May 30, 2004 3:11 pm

wow it looks really nice, i just wish that they would have made the colors dark like the s box set that way it would go better with my classic and r!
"keep your friends close and your enemies closer"
~ Cruel Intentions

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:28 pm

Well, another boxset has entered my collection, and this brings me darn near close to owning just about every official Sailor Moon media (maybe I should go hunt for Sera Myu DVDs?). Although, The SuperS box set was only $79 (including taz) at Best Buy, not $99. Maybe it's discounted because they're losing the license? Well, if that's the case, then everyone run out and get the boxset!

Meantime, big party at my house to watch SuperS! XD
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:10 am

I am so close to having the entire series, not including the SS specials, etc. All I need is the R movie, the SS movie, and this boxset! Hopefully, I can get this as a Christmas present or something ^_^

RattleMan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RattleMan » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:59 pm

Here are some higher and bigger scans of the SS box: http://rattleman.digibase.ca/sailormoon ... sbox/scans

On another note (sorta offtopic, sorry), I have the C/R/S/SS boxsets, the three movies, 11 DiC dub DVDs (need 3), I have Ami-chan no Hatsukoi, the 3 Specials, and "Makeup! Sailor Senshi" burned to VCD, but I still need Stars DVDs...=\ (EDIT: But I do have .RMs of Stars)
Last edited by RattleMan on Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[Rattle's Web Spot]
[Sonic X Uncensored]

Most Frequested Places:
[SMU] [Sonic-CulT] [Sonic Classic] [SoaH]
[SWS2B] [Zophar's] [DaizenshuuEX]
[My LiveJournal]

~ RattleMan's SMU Signature ~
~ April 10th, 2005 ~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:05 pm

So Chibi-Usa's on the front cover? Hmmm, well, I guess she should, the season's about her. :shock: I just realized that those petals make up a pic of Chibi-Usa. That's so cute ^_^.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:07 pm

peachvampiress wrote:So Chibi-Usa's on the front cover? Hmmm, well, I guess she should, the season's about her. :shock: I just realized that those petals make up a pic of Chibi-Usa. That's so cute ^_^.
I spotted that right away. I thought it was so cute. Somehow, it reminds me of those magic eye books we used to have when we were kids. All my friends could see the hidden images, but I never got those, lol

Prons
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Prons » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:52 pm

Looking good so far. So they are making a SS Box? Or an S box and SS Box? Or just an S Box? Or are they making a S and SS box set and are also reprinting indivisual SS DVDs at the same time?
Sorry, I confuse easily, I am so out of the loop! =(

Silver Serenity
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Silver Serenity » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:06 pm

They have made both an S and SuperS box set, but Genon also re-released both seasons single DVDs at a lower price.

RattleMan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RattleMan » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:34 pm

n/m, misread the post
[Rattle's Web Spot]
[Sonic X Uncensored]

Most Frequested Places:
[SMU] [Sonic-CulT] [Sonic Classic] [SoaH]
[SWS2B] [Zophar's] [DaizenshuuEX]
[My LiveJournal]

~ RattleMan's SMU Signature ~
~ April 10th, 2005 ~

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:40 pm

I saw the SS boxset at Suncoast today and I was tempted to buy it, but I already have the SS season from the first release. >_<
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

Prons
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Prons » Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:28 am

Silver Serenity wrote:They have made both an S and SuperS box set, but Genon also re-released both seasons single DVDs at a lower price.
Oh Bless You! If you didn't tell me I would live my life in confusion. Shame I missed out on the First Season Box, I can't find them on Overstock anymore.

usachan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by usachan » Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:14 am

Usagi04 wrote:I saw the SS boxset at Suncoast today and I was tempted to buy it, but I already have the SS season from the first release. >_<
Ya, I feel the same way. The box is so pretty though. But since I already bought each DVD as it came out, I don't really want to spend money I don't have to replace them. But they are pretty.

Prons
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Prons » Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:24 am

usachan wrote:
Usagi04 wrote:I saw the SS boxset at Suncoast today and I was tempted to buy it, but I already have the SS season from the first release. >_<
Ya, I feel the same way. The box is so pretty though. But since I already bought each DVD as it came out, I don't really want to spend money I don't have to replace them. But they are pretty.
Maybe you could sell your individual DVDs and save up some cash, change, what ever to fill the price gap?