ADV Fixes Glitches (10/8/03 and 10/10/03)

When news is posted to the site, a thread will be created here for discussion on that news item.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:23 am

I'm not sure if I want to send mine back. I've sent stuff (one thing I paid for was to renew my MOE (magazine) membership at Hanson.net and I've sent numerous complaints about it and today, I still don't have the magazines I paid for) in the mail, and I've never recieved anything for my payment o_O

The other thing is, on that form that you fill out, what code are they talking about? Where on the R box can you find it? I noticed a hidden code on the actual discs that you can't see unless you hold it up to the light... you know, on that clear center part of the disc...? Is that the code they're looking for? I'm totally lost...

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sat May 22, 2004 9:01 am

I guess this is a good place to post this...

I went through with the R disc replacement program, not knowing that the set we'd received had the corrected audio on it already ^^;; Thus, I have a spare disc 5 here that's essentially going to waste. If anybody wants it, PM me with your mailing info and I'll hook you up. Sadly, it's on a first-come, first-serve basis, for obvious reasons ^^;

EDIT: Wow, that was fast. Someone has already asked for the disc, so sadly, the offer is no longer on the table. Sorry to the rest of you who asked for it.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:51 pm

Ah! I can't believe I missed it! :( Anyway, have any of you with a home entertainment surround system tried to tweak your AV receiver or the surround sound for ADV's first and second season DVDs? Have you gotten any good results? If you have, can you please post here on what you tweaked? Just curious if the audio can be improved somehow by an AV receiver that I have. But I have yet to purchase the sets because of the glitches. There are so many sets on Ebay but I don't know if they are the fixed sets or the unfixed sets. :?

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:44 pm

I haven't tried it yet, but if I can be of any help, I would like to. However, I have one question. This may sound like a really stupid question, but what's an AV receiver and how do you tweak it?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Sakuya
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Sakuya » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:31 am

An AV receiver is a..uh...a machine that you connect to your DVD players, VCD players, etc. to improve the sound quality. Think of it as an amplifier. I own a Yamaha brand and it has several presets:

Pro Logic
Theater
Disco
Concert Hall
Rock Concert

If you select some of these, it would make whatever you are watching sound better. For instance, if you're watching a concert on TV, you can use Concert Hall, Disco, or Rock Concert to make the sound come out from all speakers. Usually, you need a receiver for those home entertainment systems. A receiver helps to deliver the surround sound available on the DVDs. My receiver also has the function to play radio channels if you have the radio-channel-detector thingy.

I'm not sure if what I said above is correct. If somebody has a better explanation, please post it here. :oops: The reason is other people have tried it and somehow got ADV's sets to sound good but they did not say what they set which makes it hard to believe. :roll:

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:08 pm

Umm... I didn't know where to put this since there's quite a few topics about ADV's boxsets, but I found something interesting on this site.
In the ADV DVD release of the Japanese version, you can hear the dub Beryl's voice twice. First when she is being possessed by Metellia and second when Princess Serenity and the Others 4 kill her.
Is this true
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:17 pm

Hmmm, that does seem interesting. Personally, between TVtoMe's reputation and how much the internet fanbase (myself included) picked apart everything that was wrong with ADV's release, I would have to doubt that statement. Regardless, I'll gladly check it out tomorrow. Watching the Sox kick the Yankees' ass right now, and still looking for a capture of the next dub episode up for the comparisons so I'll have time to see for myself then.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(