ADV Fixes Glitches (10/8/03 and 10/10/03)

When news is posted to the site, a thread will be created here for discussion on that news item.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

ADV Fixes Glitches (10/8/03 and 10/10/03)

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:35 am

First Season Replacement info:

http://www.smuncensored.com/news.php?id=60

Second Season Replacement info:

http://www.smuncensored.com/news.php?id=61
Last edited by MarioKnight on Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Lucied
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lucied » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:01 pm

I'm still curious as to why you have to send the whole box for the first season but only the disc for the second one...maybe they're gonna to do other things with the box too? Just a thought
"I am the black mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!" - Black mage, 8-bit theatre

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:58 am

Nope, alredy been confirmed the only change is the fix in episode 24. I probably won't be getting this fixed, as I'm not excatly willing to pay for shipping the box. I'm not the one that messed up the DVD, I shouldn't have to pay anything for a replacement. I am almost tempeted however, to fill out the SMR replacement form and instead of putting in disc 5 of SMR, I'd put in disc 5 of SMC instead. I refuse to buy R and using it's replacement offer for SMC would be a funny little joke. Don't know if I'm willing to really do it, but it would be funny if someone did.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP

J Anderson
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by J Anderson » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:45 am

It could be because ADV probably knows the R box set didn't sell as well to begin with. But I don't see why it wouldn't work, I mean, it is a valid disc return form, and they should be willing to abide by it or not have one at all. And I have to wonder if they're even swapping the discs or just sending you another set entirely.

I'd gladly return disc 5 if they'd do that. But the error isn't important enough to me to pay to send the entire set back. Though I am curoius if they're just sending you another set, partly because one of the inserts on one of the bricks has edge tears present from the factory. At the very least, if the set comes back without those tears, it's be an indication.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:42 am

I sent back the Sailor Moon Season One DVD boxset awhile back before this was ever mentioned because I had some other problems with the DVDs I had bought (I bought a defetice copy of them). I wonder this is why it's been taking ADV Films a long to send me the replacement copy....

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:37 am

Persoanly I'm shocked that it's taken them this long to sort of amit there was a mistake and are now rightting said mistake. Just worndering has anyone send their disc and boxset off and gotten them bakc yet?
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:13 pm

Not yet, but I plan to as soon as I can russle up some money to ship out the brick.

Does this announcement mean that new releases of R will be available in the future? I don't want to buy it until I know they have the audio flub fixed :(

sailor53
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by sailor53 » Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:31 pm

I might send the classic box back but I'm not sure. If I do send it back it won't be until next month. I'm still waiting for my R boxset and now I know why. Hopefully MissionDirect will get back in stock soon.
Remember, every downhill has its uphill.

Vchan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Vchan » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:41 pm

I'm with you, Dan. I don't think I'm willing to pay for the shipping for the box. The errors don't irk me that much (I haven't even GOTTEN to Disc 5 of R, what with life and all getting in the way.) I have bigger priorities. I'm just going to say: I'm very thankful to have the first two seasons uncut and on DVD. I'm content, thanks very much. I am glad ADV admitted their mistake though.
"Come on, you can do better than that!"- Famous last words.

Luchia Nanami
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Luchia Nanami » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:36 pm

I'd be nervous sending my entire box back! But I might. Dunno. Both errors are pretty darned annoying. -_-

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:53 pm

I would like to have both of the glitches fixed, but I'm far too nervous to send the two things that I spent so much money on through the mail. I've had far too much stuff lost in the mail and quite frankly it has made me too paranoid to send something off that I have scrimped and saved for. Besides, I shouldn't have to pay a single cent of shipping and handling because they screwed up.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:57 pm

Due to the sub-standard quality of the sets, I doubt I will ever view the episodes as often as I do withsome other releases. For me, shipping a box or even a disc isn't worth the time or effort.

EmperorBrandon
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by EmperorBrandon » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:35 pm

I have the first season boxset, but I'm not too worried about fixing the glitch. I'm holding off on buying the R boxset for a while, until I know for sure that the kinks have been worked out. I've got some other anime I want to collect right now anyway (definitely getting R eventually, though)

Luchia Nanami
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Luchia Nanami » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:06 am

EmperorBrandon wrote:I have the first season boxset, but I'm not too worried about fixing the glitch. I'm holding off on buying the R boxset for a while, until I know for sure that the kinks have been worked out. I've got some other anime I want to collect right now anyway (definitely getting R eventually, though)
Ya better get it! R is sooooooo much better then I remember it from the dub. Even the Ali & En arc was really good being viewed as it was meant ta be!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:08 am

I actually wonder sometimes if ADV counts on the fact that quite a few people won't want to bother sending back boxsets or discs just to fix one or two things on them.

I don't know. This whole situation with ADV sometimes give me a headache trying to understand all of it.

Lucied
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Lucied » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:15 am

DreamEmpress wrote:I actually wonder sometimes if ADV counts on the fact that quite a few people won't want to bother sending back boxsets or discs just to fix one or two things on them.

I don't know. This whole situation with ADV sometimes give me a headache trying to understand all of it.
Well, there is really nothing else that ADV can do to fix the errors, aside from making you buy the whole set again, I'm glad they at least offered this
"I am the black mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!" - Black mage, 8-bit theatre

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:31 am

Lucied, you have a totally valid point there. And I am glad they are at least trying to fix this problem. Too bad they couldn't have avoided the problem to begin with, but that's life. Not to mention a totally different rant that I'm not gonna get into. ^_~

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:33 am

DreamEmpress wrote:Lucied, you have a totally valid point there. And I am glad they are at least trying to fix this problem. Too bad they couldn't have avoided the problem to begin with, but that's life. Not to mention a totally different rant that I'm not gonna get into. ^_~
Eh, I can't let that comment pass without responding. A year went by between their acquistion of the series and releasing them sub-only. ALL of the problems could've been avoided easily, plain and simple.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

J Anderson
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by J Anderson » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:45 am

ADV simply put in about half effort, plain and simple. Pray they never do this to another series. And while I hate to call for an all-out boycott, I think a fan movement should start up if ADV ever looks like they might acquire Stars, there's no excuse for them to do it a 3rd time.

Even the disc replacement screams half way. They admit an R error on their site and offer an easy replacement, but did no such thing with classic. Even though you CAN replace it, it's much harder since they won't "officially" admit it.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:46 am

Too bad TOEI won't issue a recall so that we could get better audio on the discs, too...

...the more I watch these, the more I realize how half-assed the sound comes out. It's really depressing to realize that Toei was responsible for giving us such sub-standard masters, and that ADV didn't (couldn't?) fight harder for something better than this :(
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back