Birthdays in profiles REQUIRED

This is the place where all major announcements are posted. It is required that all new users look through these and follow through with what they say and such. Current users should have already seen what's in here and must be sure to check when anything is added.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:18 pm

Akarui Kibuno wrote:One of the latest members seems to be a nine years old from New Jersey (from the IP). What should I do, in your opinion ? In France, no laws prevent children to post on forums (as far as I know) , but since I know of the rules in the US thanks to you, I'm wondering if I have to ban this little girl or do something else ^^;;;;
The staff and I actually had a talk about a reverse situation here; someone signed up from Sweden, but was under 13. We had to ban her until she was of age to be able to use the forums. Thus, it's up to you whether or not you want to ban her based on your own standards, but if all you're doing is following the laws of France, then no, you don't have to ban her.

EDIT: Accidentally called your member "him" when you clearly state it's a girl ^^;
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:16 pm

Akarui Kibuno wrote:First, sorry about not coming back here earlier. It's been quite long!

I have a question that I think could belong here. I'm an admin on a French forum for Ojamajo Doremi. We put up an "international" section cause we noticed we had international members.

One of the latest members seems to be a nine years old from New Jersey (from the IP). What should I do, in your opinion ? In France, no laws prevent children to post on forums (as far as I know) , but since I know of the rules in the US thanks to you, I'm wondering if I have to ban this little girl or do something else ^^;;;;
Unless, I'm mistaken, as COPPA is a US law and the member in question is from the US, you would have to ban her.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:50 am

Butterscotch wrote:
Akarui Kibuno wrote:First, sorry about not coming back here earlier. It's been quite long!

I have a question that I think could belong here. I'm an admin on a French forum for Ojamajo Doremi. We put up an "international" section cause we noticed we had international members.

One of the latest members seems to be a nine years old from New Jersey (from the IP). What should I do, in your opinion ? In France, no laws prevent children to post on forums (as far as I know) , but since I know of the rules in the US thanks to you, I'm wondering if I have to ban this little girl or do something else ^^;;;;
Unless, I'm mistaken, as COPPA is a US law and the member in question is from the US, you would have to ban her.
COPPA only applies to WEB OWNERS in the US, not members. It states "You cannot knowingly collect information from people under the age of 13", not "You cannot submit personal information if you are under 13". Hence my statement above yours about our having to ban the 12 year old from Sweden.
- David Graña

My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:54 pm

Okay, guys.

The lack of birthdays being put into profiles is getting out of control. We're noticing that more and more new members are not puttin gin their birthday like they're supposed to. There's really no excuse for this, since it's shown when you register, in the rules, and on a sticky in EVERY topic.

So, effective today (August 7th, 2006), any member who posts before adding their birthday into their profile WILL be temporarily banned for one-week, no exceptions.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:05 pm

Just to clear up any confusion, if a banned user e-mails a staff member their birthday during the course of their ban, then the ban will be lifted once we enter that into the user's profile.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Sailor_Moon_Bunny
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Woa...

Post by Sailor_Moon_Bunny » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:41 am

Sounds reliable to me. I don't blame you guys for this. This forum is #1 on the Google search. A lot of people can see it. And a lot of kids.

Question: What is COPPA? *Sorry, I'm not from America so I don't know that much things...*

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:34 am

- David Graña

My Livejournal.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:55 am

Call me Ms. Moochy, but what's the PHP forum code for inuputting your birthday in your profile? I'm (extremely slowly but surely) working on a website that's going to have a forum, and I'd also like to have this code.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Sailor_Moon_Bunny
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Thanks!

Post by Sailor_Moon_Bunny » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:47 am

Thanks for the info...