Signature Rule Addition. ALL MEMBERS READ.

This is the place where all major announcements are posted. It is required that all new users look through these and follow through with what they say and such. Current users should have already seen what's in here and must be sure to check when anything is added.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Wed May 19, 2004 6:12 pm

That's great to see the signiture size increased. Sorry to be off topic again, but please don't increase the avatar size or anything, because as mentioned before, I want as little loading time as possible. Avatars don't really matter to me.

Em
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Em » Wed May 19, 2004 6:57 pm

Lovwe the new sigiture size it means I can have my favourite quote of all time from a book as my sigiture ^^ nice one
The Doctor: What''''s the use of a good quotation if you can''''t change it?

[referring back to Ace''''s earlier, rather transparent denial of packing Nitro-9]
The Seventh Doctor: Ace, give me some of that Nitro-9 you''''re not carrying.

The Seventh Doctor: [the Doctor is knelt coughing on the ground having blown up a Dalek with some nitro-9 explosive. The fuse had a shorter time on it than Ace told him] Ace! You said ten seconds.
Ace: Nobody''''s perfect Professor

"He seriously looks like a hot chocolate pimp"- peachvampiress on Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Helping mate find her way out of college wiht other mate due to the fact she didn't have contact len's in
"He was cute"
"That was a women"
"Really?"
"Yes"

Anthy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Anthy » Fri May 21, 2004 6:20 pm

Yay! ::cheers:: Now I can put more... insipid crap in my sig! =D!

As a person who values content more than pretty pretties, I think this is a really good idea. ^^ Even if some sig images are pretty, others who don't have as good command over graphic editors can make some... really... icky... huge size... evil creations. I am one of those people.
Princess AIcon by livejournal user equivalency

whitewolf05
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by whitewolf05 » Mon May 24, 2004 9:02 am

Jeez it sounds like most of you here want to put down a short story. But hey if you enjoy typing that much be my guest.
"Welcome Oblivion" Ansume Kingdom Hearts

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon May 24, 2004 1:04 pm

whitewolf05 wrote:Jeez it sounds like most of you here want to put down a short story. But hey if you enjoy typing that much be my guest.
That's rude and uncalled for. People enjoy expressing themselves with words, whether it be a quote, poetry, or anything else.

If YOU don't enjoy typing that much, then don't. But don't make snide remarks about those of us that do. We certainly don't need your approval to do so.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Mon May 24, 2004 7:23 pm

Tiff wrote:
whitewolf05 wrote:Jeez it sounds like most of you here want to put down a short story. But hey if you enjoy typing that much be my guest.
That's rude and uncalled for. People enjoy expressing themselves with words, whether it be a quote, poetry, or anything else.

If YOU don't enjoy typing that much, then don't. But don't make snide remarks about those of us that do. We certainly don't need your approval to do so.
I quite agree and I was offended to read that. Words do help heal people and I'd appreciate it if you keep comments like that to yourself.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Mon May 24, 2004 7:35 pm

http://www.smuncensored.com/forums/rules.php#16

Strike 1, you have a warning now, and the pleasure of posting the first post in a very long time that a user felt the need to click the report post button to bring it to our attention.

Minna, back on topic now.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon May 24, 2004 8:29 pm

Yes, on topic...I have a question, actually. I'm surprised I didn't think to ask this sooner! So if we go over the old 300 limit, do we have to use a smaller font? I'm just curious. Or do we just try to guess and the mods tell us if we've gone over the limit? For example, does my new signature fit the guidelines?
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon May 24, 2004 8:48 pm

Rainbow wrote: For example, does my new signature fit the guidelines?
Yes.

If your sig is too big, we'll let you know.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon May 24, 2004 9:22 pm

Okay. Thank you for clearing that up. I'm glad I can post those jokes now, since before they would've been too long. (all together, that is, and I didn't want to pick just one)
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Tue May 25, 2004 5:01 am

Dan, about that, is it normal that there seem to be a bug when trying to report something ? I tried it a few days ago, problem is there was a weird text with it o.O;;; *I'll try to report this one post of mine to show you that text*

EDIT : Lol I can't report my own posts XD ! Funny XD !

*sorry about that u_u but if it's my imagination, I won't report someone just to test the thing u_u;;;;;;;;;;;;;*
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay

Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

whitewolf05
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by whitewolf05 » Tue May 25, 2004 11:10 am

Hey I just ran into a site that lets you post 3000 characters is that a little much I have no clue.
"Welcome Oblivion" Ansume Kingdom Hearts

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Tue May 25, 2004 2:03 pm

whitewolf05 wrote:Hey I just ran into a site that lets you post 3000 characters is that a little much I have no clue.
Well, considering Bob wrote:
now there is a 5000 character limit
I think it's obvious that it's not TOO much, just so long as you fix the size of it so that it doesn't take up the whole page. Granted, those are the rules of THIS site; if it's too much for you, then fine; just don't make one that big. Some people like big signatures, others like small ones; it's all a matter of taste, really.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:59 am

AnimeGuru0 wrote:PeachVampiress - Your signature has been fixed. The weird thing about it is, instead of actual double quotes ( " ), every single one was a single quote ( ' ). Even when there was 4 of them, they were 4 individual single quotes...like such ''''. With 4 seperate key strokes. Anyway, hopefully it wont give you any more problems.
I think I've sussed this one. It appears to be a bug in the preview function. Every time I try to preview a signature, it doubles apostrophes. Also, if you have quotation marks, it adds a backslash to them, and if you have a backslash, it doubles that too. The other punctuation marks look to be unaffected.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:35 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:I think I've sussed this one. It appears to be a bug in the preview function. Every time I try to preview a signature, it doubles apostrophes. Also, if you have quotation marks, it adds a backslash to them, and if you have a backslash, it doubles that too. The other punctuation marks look to be unaffected.
I wouldn't say it's a bug, it more has to do with the way PHP works with pulling data to and from databases when ' and " are present in the data. The author of the profile cp decided to try to be all fancy to have a preview be seen on the same page as the text box and didn't quite iron the commands out right. Should probably be an easy fix, something I'll most likely look into before the end of the month.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:05 pm

so has this problem been fixed? Because in my new sig (not the one I have now, it's just a place-holder), I want to have apostrophes, but it still doubles them when I try and preview it. Or does it just do that in the preview and not in the real sig? If it hasn't been fixed as a whole, can I get my sig specifically fixed somehow? Please? *puppy eyes at the mods* I've been dying to add punctuation to my quotes, but I've been afraid of the glitch, so I just go with simple one-liners.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:30 pm

If you don't hit the preview button, just the submit one, it shouldn't change any of the text. At least, that's what I've found.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:51 pm

thank you sailorasteroid. I do believe everything is in order now! I made it small because I was worried about how long it was, but it's not too bad, I don't think.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking