UPDATE: Site NOT switching servers

This is the place where all major announcements are posted. It is required that all new users look through these and follow through with what they say and such. Current users should have already seen what's in here and must be sure to check when anything is added.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

UPDATE: Site NOT switching servers

Post by MarioKnight » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:06 am

I'll make an official update on the site later about this when I'm more calm and have more things put in place. I'm not sure if any of you have seen the huge error made in billing and their response to the whole ordeal. Nearly all their customers had their accounts charged for the entire year, some even twice. To make a long story short, I'm pretty pissed off abut how lightly they can take such a serious issue, and am concerned that they will remain a viable hosting company even if I did stay. If you want more details on my thoughts, read my long story that's linked, I don't really want to sum it down after typing that whole piece up throughout my whole night.

So after all this nonsense, I'm going to be switching webhosts. I'm shooting for the end of the month so I can have it all said and done before I would have to pay for another month. I don't have a timeline planned yet, only that I'm going to spend the next few days looking for a new host as I ensure that my bank account has the correct amount of money in it due to this incident. The forums will be down for the days the switchover will occur, and I will let you know what days they will be as soon as I figure it out. I apologize for the inconvenience this will likely cause, and thank you for your patience.
Last edited by MarioKnight on Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:20 pm

I read both the site and your blog and its ashame that such a mistake happened. But Im with you all those icons and jokes were unneccessary and very unprofessional. The beginning with Homer would have been enough lightly easing the tension from the severity of the situation. But it just kept coming and some of them (the wrestling pic) and others made no sense and wasnt funny at all. And I dont bother with peoples comments no more. Reading some of them online makes me doubt human intelligence so I dont bother with them. Im sorry you have to move the site but hopefully you will find a more reliable host. Either way im sure you have the support of us in the forums and those who love this place in general.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:17 am

I agree with SoV, do whatever's best for you. The people at DH sound incompetent anyway.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:58 am

Well I've let some time go by to calm down and see what's happened. It's been almost a week, and thankfully I haven't been affected at all by the whole ordeal. I was hoping I'd be one of the ones who wasn't charged but got a refund somehow and have some free money, but I'm just happy that I'm unaffected by the whole thing because it could've caused a lot of stress hence why I was freaking out so much. They have made updates to their blog, and have taken a much more professional approach with them, which gives me more confidence in them. If you're going to link it in your e-mail to everyone, it better be professional so I am happy to see they went for that tone and apologized for the casual tone for such an event. Better yet, as of today the phpMyAdmin is back up, which makes me very happy as I was prepared to write a ticket to their tech support about it.

So what does this mean for the site and all my domains? It means to not expect any change happen anytime soon. I'm happy with DH's service right now and haven't had any major problem with them personally. They've made some mistakes with this recent issue and have owned up to them, apologized for them, and laid out what they're doing to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Had this not happened, I'd be moving stuff right now, but it has happened so we're staying. Sorry for freaking out like that.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:14 am

Its cool that things are getting resolved and hey when it comes to finances anyone can and will freak out. I know if it was my money that might have been in jeapordy from a mistake id be upset to. And just like before for myself I know that whether ya stayed or changed hosts id still come to the forums as long as they are up and running. Just glad your not upset no more.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:25 pm

And just like before for myself I know that whether ya stayed or changed hosts id still come to the forums as long as they are up and running.
Me too :) Anyway I'm glad you're not going to be in debt or anything.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!