Forum Games New Rules

This is the place where all major announcements are posted. It is required that all new users look through these and follow through with what they say and such. Current users should have already seen what's in here and must be sure to check when anything is added.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Forum Games New Rules

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:18 am

As prompted by the popular Sailor Senshi Deathmatch thread, we've decided we need to address the situation of forum games and how they should come about.

1 - We have absolutely no problem with forum games or things of this nature. However, we don't want the forums to end up becoming cluttered with nothing but games and copy of games etc etc.

2 - As such, we are implementing a new policy that only ONE game can be going on at a time. The exception is that if a game is completely different than the one already being played. If it is different enough we may allow it.

3 - All future games MUST be approved by the mods. Failure to follow this measure will result in the topic being locked and the game being rejected (even if it would have been allowed had it gone through the mods first). Please PM myself, MarioKnight, Tiff, Starscream, Tempest, or SlrJoeCool to get the game approved.

4 - If a game is very similar to a game already made by someone else, you must ask the original game maker's permission FIRST. For example, after the current deathmatch ends and dies down, and down the road someone wants to make a similiar deathmatch, they must first ask permission from Sailor Skywalker. However, if the original person is unreachable, bypassing this step can be approved by the mods.

5 - We'll be pretty lenient with any rules set by the original poster. However, if the rules are just crazy, nonsensical, unethical, etc the mods may adjust the rules accordingly to make the game more playable. Aside from that, rules are to be set by the original poster.

6 - Going along with #5, please follow all rules set by the original poster/mods. Rules will be enforced, and failure to follow the rules may result in suspension from the game, warnings, temporary, or permanent bans depending on the severity of the infraction.

Aside from that, have fun and enjoy any games going on ^^

TBA

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:39 am

I am pleased and grateful that the staff has seen fit to allow this sort of gaming to continue. I admit that when I first saw the thread, I questioned whether it followed the spirit of the rules. As that has been settled, I have two other questions/suggestions that I would be interested to hear staff opinion on:

1) Should forum gaming have its own board? Might it not be proper to keep them seperate for people who do not wish to participate?

2) Should gaming posts count toward the users' post counts? I believe php can be arranged that posts in certain threads do not add to those totals. Is it right to attain rank on the basis of posts such as "+Moon, -Mercury"?
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:01 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote: 2) Should gaming posts count toward the users' post counts? I believe php can be arranged that posts in certain threads do not add to those totals. Is it right to attain rank on the basis of posts such as "+Moon, -Mercury"?
I've been thinking the same thing; although I'm not interested in the game, I've been tempted to join in just to help raise my rank.
STAGE OUT!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:18 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:I am pleased and grateful that the staff has seen fit to allow this sort of gaming to continue. I admit that when I first saw the thread, I questioned whether it followed the spirit of the rules. As that has been settled, I have two other questions/suggestions that I would be interested to hear staff opinion on:

1) Should forum gaming have its own board? Might it not be proper to keep them seperate for people who do not wish to participate?

2) Should gaming posts count toward the users' post counts? I believe php can be arranged that posts in certain threads do not add to those totals. Is it right to attain rank on the basis of posts such as "+Moon, -Mercury"?
1) I suppose the mods could discuss that, but I personally would rather not. There's no point in having a seperate forum for games, IMO, when there can only be one game going on at a time as it is. And if you don't want to participate, don't. It's not hurting anyone to have it in a regular forum.

2) *shrugs* Ranks don't truly MEAN anything, they're just there for fun. A post is a post, whether it's a game post or a discussion post.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:45 pm

Tiff wrote:
Sailorasteroid wrote:I am pleased and grateful that the staff has seen fit to allow this sort of gaming to continue. I admit that when I first saw the thread, I questioned whether it followed the spirit of the rules. As that has been settled, I have two other questions/suggestions that I would be interested to hear staff opinion on:

1) I suppose the mods could discuss that, but I personally would rather not. There's no point in having a seperate forum for games, IMO, when there can only be one game going on at a time as it is. And if you don't want to participate, don't. It's not hurting anyone to have it in a regular forum.

2) *shrugs* Ranks don't truly MEAN anything, they're just there for fun. A post is a post, whether it's a game post or a discussion post.
Agreed with Tiff. As for #1, it would be kinda pointless having a whole section with just 1 or 2 threads in it. Maybe in the future when there are a lot of past games we'll consider doing it. And #2, agree 100% with tiff. They're just there for fun =P Plus, with most games you'll only be able to post once per day....so it's not much of a post increaser. Most everyone who participated in the game posted more than 1 post a day anyways....But if for some reason it gets out of hand the mods may consider it =)

TBA

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:39 pm

bumping this topic again to make sure that ALL. MEMBERS. READ IT.

TBA

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:54 pm

AnimeGuru0 wrote:bumping this topic again to make sure that ALL. MEMBERS. READ IT.

STICKY IT ;D
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:41 am

Neon Heart wrote:
AnimeGuru0 wrote:bumping this topic again to make sure that ALL. MEMBERS. READ IT.

STICKY IT ;D
._. My suggestion is to make it a global announcement. Or sticky it. Or something so that it shows up on all the forums. Or maybe make it a new addition to the forum rules? ::inspired by own stupidity::
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

Sailor_Moon_Bunny
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Not Big Fan

Post by Sailor_Moon_Bunny » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:51 am

I'm not exactly a big fan of forum games. But if I ever do gain interest in it, I'll make sure I follow the rule! 8)

P.S. I agree with Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl. That way all members could read it. :wink:

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:25 pm

I noticed something. Ever since the Deathmatch thread met its end, we haven't really been seeing a lot of games. I guess that game was just more popular.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:38 am

Sailor V wrote:I noticed something. Ever since the Deathmatch thread met its end, we haven't really been seeing a lot of games. I guess that game was just more popular.
No, it's mostly because we put our foot down and enforced stronger boundaries and rules on forum games.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~