"N/A" posts.

This is the place where all major announcements are posted. It is required that all new users look through these and follow through with what they say and such. Current users should have already seen what's in here and must be sure to check when anything is added.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:04 am

Gamer8585 wrote:Do you have any backups that you could use to find the text to his posts and copy and paste them back in? Or is it one of those things thats: 1) not possible or 2) just too much work to be worth it?
A mix of both really. While I make periodic backups of databases, I make them once or twice a week. It's essentially impossible for me to make a backup after everyone makes a post and such. I'm going to be working on some code to recover posts if anyone else decides to do this, however this does nothing for the current posts.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:02 pm

On some forums, if someone wants to delete their account they can, and all posts stay in, but there's just no avatar, signature, basic info, and their username is no longer clickable, and no one can ever take that name again. How about putting in that option?
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:10 pm

I think that all that would end up doing is promoting the making of multiple accounts, which this board has a rule against. That would just end up creating a problem for the moderators. The mods could get rid of dead or inactive accounts if they want them gone.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:45 am

SeiUsa wrote:On some forums, if someone wants to delete their account they can, and all posts stay in, but there's just no avatar, signature, basic info, and their username is no longer clickable, and no one can ever take that name again. How about putting in that option?
I think that is a good rule to add. Nice thinking SeiUsa!
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:05 am

SeiUsa wrote:On some forums, if someone wants to delete their account they can, and all posts stay in, but there's just no avatar, signature, basic info, and their username is no longer clickable, and no one can ever take that name again. How about putting in that option?
Unfortunately, that doesn't necessarily prevent the "N/A" incidents from happening, as someone could just get rid of all their posts, then delete their account anyways. We don't want to remove the edit feature, either, because sometimes people do make honest mistakes that they later want to edit.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back