Shared IPs/Multiple members in one household

This is the place where all major announcements are posted. It is required that all new users look through these and follow through with what they say and such. Current users should have already seen what's in here and must be sure to check when anything is added.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Shared IPs/Multiple members in one household

Post by Tiff » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:20 pm

As you all know, one person having multiple accounts is not allowed on this board. It is against the rules.

However, it is not unlikely for siblings or people sharing one household computer to both create accounts and sign up (examples being sailor cammy and sailor lea).

There is no way for us to tell whether or not two members are siblings or share one computer, but are two seperate people. When we see two accounts with a shared IP, we take action becuase we have had way too many people create multiple accounts for the sole purpose of harrassment or rule-breaking.

So I'm saying this here and now:

If you and a sibling/person with a shared computer/etc each create an account here, you MUST let us know either in this thread or via PM.

This is for your own benefit and to avoid confusion.

Thank you.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:00 pm

My sister might join the forums tonight. She will be posting in the Other Anome and Manga Thread.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

ilostmysocks2day
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by ilostmysocks2day » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:19 pm

i got banned because of a relative of mine chose to log onto my account and harass people with another account on the same computer. Now, i have to use a anonymizer! And i didn't even know about this rule till now.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:46 pm

Then welcome back to your ban. If you were banned before what makes you think you can come back? Also you failed to put your birthday in your profile, which is required by the rules. Goodbye.

TBA

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:39 pm

He wasn't the one that got banned, a relative hacked his account in his defense, it wasn't even him that got banned. Oh, I might have a foster sibling join also.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:40 pm

Sailor V wrote:He wasn't the one that got banned, a relative hacked his account in his defense, it wasn't even him that got banned. Oh, I might have a foster sibling join also.
ADMIN MODE:

Do not comment on things you know nothing about. You weren't even here when this happened. Yes, he DID get banned, and no, it WASN'T his relative. We have a good idea of who this is. This is a mod issue, NOT yours. Drop it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:46 pm

Fine, I juust want to restate that I have an older foster sibling joining if you let her.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:47 pm

Sailor V wrote:Fine, I juust want to restate that I have an older foster sibling joining if you let her.
You stated it once, we got it. When they join, let us know.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

chibiandhelios
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by chibiandhelios » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:34 pm

hi! umm i created mars flame sniper and got banned b/c i didnt inptu my b-day soo umm i creatd this chibiandhelios whihc is what ill be sticking with! so umm...you can delete the other account sorry i just didnt read...dumb me....

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:51 pm

chibiandhelios wrote:hi! umm i created mars flame sniper and got banned b/c i didnt inptu my b-day soo umm i creatd this chibiandhelios whihc is what ill be sticking with! so umm...you can delete the other account sorry i just didnt read...dumb me....
I'm afraid that's not quite how it works:

1. You were e-mailed yesterday to provide your birthdate to either myself or one of the admins. You did not do this.

2. Your ban was to last until the 19th of September; it's the 13th as of this writing.

3. The rules CLEARLY state that there is to be one account per member. As you have not only created a second account, but have made one while being banned, this one, as well, will be banned.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:57 pm

4.The rules also stayte no animated avatars, which you were told about and ignored. Since you ignored the mod who told you, I deleted your avatar only to see that you put it up AGAIN.

We can contest reason number 2 since if an e-mail had come to one of the staff members providing your birthday, then I would've lifted the ban. However everything else Dave mentioned is true. We don't mean to be mean like this, but it's really not hard to take a few minutes time to read the rules we have set up to keep order here, and stating that you did while you completely ignore them doesn't help your case at all.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:45 am

Remember my sister I told you about, she is going to join tonight.

Sailor_Moon_Bunny
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Little Brother

Post by Sailor_Moon_Bunny » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:42 am

I told my little brother about this forum. He's 14. He said that he's going to join when he has time. I'm not sure what username he's going to register with.

But he really likes my username so....I think he's going to register with "Sailor Uranus Bunny" or something... :lol:

EDIT: Nevermind. He said he's Uranus_HipHop...XD