Site moving for a few weeks, phobos to be offline

This is the place where all major announcements are posted. It is required that all new users look through these and follow through with what they say and such. Current users should have already seen what's in here and must be sure to check when anything is added.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Site moving for a few weeks, phobos to be offline

Post by MarioKnight » Tue May 10, 2005 5:16 pm

As you may or may not know, I am moving out of my current house this Sunday and in a different one on June 1st. During this time, I have arranged for this site, MMPU, and a few other things to be hosted on one of my friend's pay server. At this time, I'm not sure when the move will take place, but it will be anytime between now and this Saturday, depending on how soon we see each other online. Nothing will be lost in this temp move or the way back, so no worries. My presense will probably be pretty sparse until I'm all settled in as I'll either be packing, floating from place to place, or unpacking and settling in depending on what day it is.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sat May 14, 2005 12:18 am

If you see the latest update, then you know that I decided to use a pay host for these few weeks. Better yet, the site is fully functional, at least on my end. Might be a little while before everyone sees the name servers change so everything works for them, but that's only a time issue and my work is done. Going to pack phobos away after I wake up so hopefully everyone will have seen the name servers switch by then.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sat May 28, 2005 11:00 pm

Good news, somehow we'll have internet and cable all setup right when we get in the new place, we just need to pick up the equipment, so phobos will be back online sooner than originally thought. I estimate by this coming weekend phobos will be back online and everything on phobos will be back to normal again. ^_^
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:20 pm

As I should've expected, things didn't go as easily as planned. Setting things up here at the new place are taking longer than expected for various reasons that I'll post elsewhere as I catch up on stuff. I'm quite a bit behind. ^^;;; I'm not sure when I'm going to switch back to phobos as of yet since I want other stuff setup around the house and my room before the switch, not to mention I just got a new desk from one of my housemates (I think it was an extra at his work (Staples) or something, I forgot how he got it but it's free so I'm happy ^_^ ) which I want to put together as well before the switch. Since the host billed me for another month on the first (something I'm cursing and praising at the same time) this extends the time that phobos can remain offline. So anytime this month we'll be back on phobos, a more excat date will be given later on when I get stuff done here.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:07 am

Good news, especially for Bob whose been nagging about it for days now ^_~ , I got my new desk put together tonight finally. I'll be moving the pc and phobos to the new desk after I wake up since I really have to get to bed and I should have enough time to get that done before work. I might be able to get the cable mobem and router moved to Greg's room tomorrow too (his room is better centralized to have all the lines coming out of). Of course there's no gurantee that'll all happen when I hope to, but chances are that I should have everything done by Sunday evening. So my plan right now is to shut off the forums around then to get everything transferred back to phobos, and like a few weeks ago, the time everyone sees phobos again will vary for a day or so. You may notice FightingMongooses.com pop up instantly, but smuncensored.com will have a delay since that actually changed servers wehile fm.com became nothing. If anything changes where I can't do the switch Sunday, then I'll post it here.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:32 pm

Well, it's not happening tonight as I had hoped and planned. Some complications with the server itself took place, and I only had enough free time planned for the day to do the work with the switch and transferring the new stuff over. Sometime within the next few days I'm hoping, if I'm lucky phobos doesn't need much work done to it.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:01 pm

I am posting this here, because the question I am about to ask you might have something to do with your move, but I noticed on the main page that the counter doesn't seem to be working. It could be just my computer, but I don't know. Do you know what might be wrong, Dan-san? Like I said, it could be just me.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:13 pm

Not sure, I see it just fine.

In any case, it seems I will finally have phobos online tonight. Things seem to be set in place, once I see FightingMongooses.com working again, then I will work on transferring the new stuff back home to phobos, shut off the forums, and get the domain pointed back here where it belongs. Hopefully this will be within an hour or two.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:57 pm

Yeah, whatever was wrong is no longer wrong, so it might have been my computer. Thanks, Dan-san.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:18 pm

Phobos is back online and fully working. If you see this post, then this is all finally over. ^_^ Subdomains may take a tad more time, but not that much more.
Narsk.NET
WikiMoon SysOp
Xbox Live Profile

RIP