IMPORTANT: TO EVERY MEMBER

This is the place where all major announcements are posted. It is required that all new users look through these and follow through with what they say and such. Current users should have already seen what's in here and must be sure to check when anything is added.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

IMPORTANT: TO EVERY MEMBER

Post by Tiff » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:18 pm

I'm repeating what I said in the "Top Ten Anime" Topic (located in the Anime section) so that EVERYBODY will have read it. EVERYONE needs to read it again, becuase there is added info.

People, I am so tired of asking everyone to read every post. You should at LEAST be reading the post that introduces the topic.
I'm going to say this once more:
READ EVERY POST BEFORE REPLYING. IF I SEE ANOTHER REPEATING POST OR A POST GOING AGAINST THE GENERAL GUIDELINES OF THE TOPIC (ex: Em said ten. TEN. Not 8. Not 23. TEN.), IT WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL BE WARNED.

This is for EVERY TOPIC. I really am tired of wasting time deleting and editing posts. As a mod, I have to read every post, people. It won't kill you to read the posts in the topic which you will be replying.

If you come at me with "I didn't know", or "I didn't see it.", that excuse will be ignored, as I have posted this in TWO PLACES. Being a brand new member two weeks from now is one thing. ANYONE who is signed up now and actively posting should read this, and I will only be more pissed off if you don't.

I'm not trying to be a bitch, but i'm so tired of repeating myself. PLEASE stop wasting space, and only post if you are keeping to the topic and not repeating someone else's post.
Last edited by Tiff on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:48 pm

Wow, the fact there has to be a post like this is sad, really sad. Common sense people. -_-
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:18 am

In case I have ever done this, (and I probably have) I'm sorry. I promise to be more careful.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:04 pm

I agree with Dan, sad fact that it has to be posted. But at least, people here will more than likely read it... not like in other places where they don't read anything whatsoever u_u;;;
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay

Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

TrebekCrow
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by TrebekCrow » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:55 pm

Have you guys ever considered having some sort of application process or 'basic user' status with only limited posting priveleges? that might be enough to keep people reading the threads(and responding to them intelligently) and might overall contribute to the growth of the community. A good example of a system like this that works very well is at The Mana Drain.
Stop squirming, you're making the procedure more difficult.

Luchia Nanami
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Luchia Nanami » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:33 pm

:roll:

Yeah. You need to re-write your post. It was clearly written in rage and I for one cannot follow it very well. I had to read it a few times before coming to this:

Basically what you're saying is read every post right and then reply?

Right?

That won't happen, but okay. This place is far from your average forum since apparently has memory restraints? But none-the-less a forum it is, and the members are not perfect.

This isn't a chatroom but people are always going to skim over some posts and not quite see everything. It's the same anyplace. So don't freak out on us.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:43 pm

Luchia Nanami wrote::roll:

Yeah. You need to re-write your post. It was clearly written in rage and I for one cannot follow it very well. I had to read it a few times before coming to this:

Right?

That won't happen, but okay. This place is far from your average forum since apparently has memory restraints? But none-the-less a forum it is, and the members are not perfect.

This isn't a chatroom but people are always going to skim over some posts and not quite see everything. It's the same anyplace. So don't freak out on us.
I understood everything she said fine. And besides, she's not asking us to be perfect. Yes, everyone makes mistakes every now and then. But, should she really have to say "Read all the posts, please" in every topic, several times? It's gotta get tiring after a while. Besides, I'd think you'd want to read everything first anyway. That way, you know if you're repeating anything, or stating something that someone else already disproved. It's just common sense, as Dan said.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

missmarazzi
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by missmarazzi » Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:57 am

*bangs head against monitor*

Scuse my stupidity :oops: Won't be doing that again.

Manda x

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:47 pm

Luchia Nanami wrote::roll:

Right?

Then you're the only one who can't follow it. As Parakiss said, he could read it just fine. So could Dan. And a few other people i've asked. I'm not going to re-write the post simply becuase you cannot follow it. Of course it was written in rage. I'm tired of having to repeat myself. IT GETS OLD. This forum has been around for a while, and since it went up, i've had to repeat this over..and over..and over. Sometimes even to the same people.

Let me get something straight with you, Luchia. Do NOT tell the mods how to do their job. Certainly, we make mistakes. And when we do, we correct them. But don't come into my forum and tell me I need to re-write a post that so far, can be understood by just about everyone but you.

Have you read the rules?
"Respect for site staff
Same as above, adding on that under no circumstances you demand we make certain changes. We have reasons behind the decisions we make here, and if you don't like them, nicely suggest something to us instead of demanding we do something now. I can tell you right now, rude demands will definetly not happen."

Telling me I need to re-write my post and not to "freak out on you" is quite rude. I've had to remind you quite frequently of the rules. It's reasons like this that my post above is so anger-filled.

We provide a free service that comes with rules. Nobody here is perfect, including the mods. But none of us are stupid. So far, it's been proven that all of us can read. Therefore, there's NO REASON for me to have to repeat myself as much as I do. Just about every day, I have to remind someone of the above. That's just ridiculous.

I'm not going to re-write my post. Deal with it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:49 pm

missmarazzi wrote:*bangs head against monitor*

Scuse my stupidity :oops: Won't be doing that again.

Manda x
You're far from stupid, hun. Thanks for reading it.

Akarui Kibuno and ParaKiss_Groupie: Thank you.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:23 pm

I probably should have posted to this a while ago. ^^; I really can't use "Busy" as an excuse, because I have the time to post to other topics. I'm just letting you know that I read your post. Understood and Agreed.

Have you considered a "Three Strikes" rule. Breaking of any rule results in a strike. Perhaps. "Three Strikes" and your restricted from the forums for a week? "9 Strikes" (3 sets of three) and your banned"? sorta deal. @_o I know that sounds like alot of work, but it may set a good example. I know of forums that I used to go to implied that rule.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:26 pm

Tempest wrote:
Have you considered a "Three Strikes" rule. Breaking of any rule results in a strike. Perhaps. "Three Strikes" and your restricted from the forums for a week? "9 Strikes" (3 sets of three) and your banned"? sorta deal. @_o I know that sounds like alot of work, but it may set a good example. I know of forums that I used to go to implied that rule.
that's pretty close to our system, actually. Generally, if you've broken a rule once or twice, I warn you. Then, if you do it again, you're temporarily banned.
I generally don't permanently ban people unless it's something pretty damn bad, like huge disrespect or the constant breaking of rules. But it sounds like a good idea. I'll bring it up to Bob and Dan.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:19 pm

Thanks for posting this, Tiff. I apologize if I've ever done this in the past, and hope not to fall into the trap again ^^;; You guys do a good job in running this site, so keep up the good work. I'll do my best not to make my posts too much of an inconvenience to the mods, myself ^^;;;
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Jed-kun
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jed-kun » Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:47 pm

Sorry, I'm sure that I've done this. Sometimes it's hard to read all the posts (like when it's a 6-9 page thingy), but I will try to read ALL the posts from now on or not post in it. Once again, sorry.
Nothing sucks like a Jed-kun - The "sloganize" web site.

(After Scott shoots Logan through a window)
Beast: What's this all about?
Emma: What do you think? Superpowers, a scintillating wit and the best body money can buy... and I still rate below a corpse. ::storms off in a huff::
- from Astonishing X-men #1

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:09 pm

as much as I appreciate the apologies (and they're very sweet, guys ^_^), don't feel the need to. Like I said, everyone makes mistakes, and doing it once or twice isn't something that makes me angry. It's the ones that do it CONSTANTLY.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Luchia Nanami
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Luchia Nanami » Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:51 am

What demand?

Need/ought/should = suggestion words.

I neved said do it, or you better re-write it, or whatever.

But now that we've both misunderstood one anothers posts lets be friends :!:

J Anderson
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by J Anderson » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:34 am

I read it yesterday. I thought it was prefectly clear.

Rainbow
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Rainbow » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:21 am

Yes, and in the "Blood Type" topic I'm sorry my comments started the argument about talking about periods. I thought it was on topic because it was a type of blood and people were talking about whether they were scared of blood or not. I admit I do have a tendency to stick on-topic and off-topic stuff together, which I'm not sure if that's allowed or not. If it's not I'll try not to do that anymore and if I want to talk about something else, I'll try to remember to make a new topic.
http://rainbow774.tripod.com/

The Realm of the Dessert Senshi. My fanfic series that is set in Crystal Tokyo and includes foreign Senshi, fat Senshi, a Senshi in a wheelchair and a magical hyrax.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:19 pm

Luchia Nanami wrote:You need to re-write your post.
I don't see how that's not a demand...
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:04 pm

Luchia Nanami wrote:What demand?

Need/ought/should = suggestion words.

I neved said do it, or you better re-write it, or whatever.

But now that we've both misunderstood one anothers posts lets be friends :!:
need
n.
A condition or situation in which something is required or wanted: crops in need of water; a need for affection.
Something required or wanted; a requisite: “Those of us who led the charge for these women's issues... shared a common vision in the needs of women” (Olympia Snowe).
Necessity; obligation: There is no need for you to go.

There you have it.
The point is this: your post was out of line. You demanded I re-write the post, you said that nobody was going to do what I asked (which is utterly wrong), and you told me not to "freak out on you".
It was rude and disrespectful.
Everytime I ask you to not break the rules, Luchia, you argue with me or you don't acknowledge my posts. THERE ARE RULES HERE. Follow them, or leave.
I'd like to be friends, but I cannot do that until we're both on the same page.
If you wish to reply to this, do it via PM, as this isn't the place to continue this discussion.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama