The Sword Talisman

Discuss the content of the site's comparisons here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

The Sword Talisman

Post by Dinozore » Mon May 24, 2004 5:28 pm

This has bugged me for a while now. ^_^ I just found it again while rereading the S comparisons, so I posted it.
However, many fans complain that calling the Space Sword a "Sabre" elludes to a stupid Star Wars reference.
Whether that's true or not, the sword Talisman is actually a saber. I even looked it up in a dictionary (the first definition is "a curved sword", which is also why sabertoothed cats were given their name)
"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

Yayamaya
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Re: The Sword Talisman

Post by Yayamaya » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:22 pm

Dinozore wrote:This has bugged me for a while now. ^_^ I just found it again while rereading the S comparisons, so I posted it.
However, many fans complain that calling the Space Sword a "Sabre" elludes to a stupid Star Wars reference.
Whether that's true or not, the sword Talisman is actually a saber. I even looked it up in a dictionary (the first definition is "a curved sword", which is also why sabertoothed cats were given their name)
I knew this from the begining and if it was a Star Wars refernce I'd be pissed but if it was inteded as one it was a small one that didn't anoy me