SuperS Episode 143

Discuss the content of the site's comparisons here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

SuperS Episode 143

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:08 pm

In the comparison of episode 143 (known in the English dub by the horrible name "Kickin' Into High Gear"), it says, and I quote,

"THE SENSHI'S POWERS DO NOT CHANGE NAMES AFTER THE POWER UP!"

But then Jupiter says "Super Supreme Thunder!" in episode 147. Is that an inconsistency, or am I just being a nitpicker (I hope I'm not the latter. Gomenasai!)? Because no one else ever adds anything to the front of their attack names in the rest of SuperS (Stars I'm not so sure..never saw it).
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:16 pm

Super Supreme Thunder was just a one time attack, merely to emphasize that Jupiter HERSELF was adding power to her attack (cause i believe she was really pissed off at the time). Personally I don't associate it at all with the henshin power up, moreso with just Jupiter's attitude.

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:31 am

AnimeGuru0 wrote:Super Supreme Thunder was just a one time attack, merely to emphasize that Jupiter HERSELF was adding power to her attack (cause i believe she was really pissed off at the time). Personally I don't associate it at all with the henshin power up, moreso with just Jupiter's attitude.
Indeed she was pissed...which is probably the reason the attack was much stronger than usual. Same thing happened with Jupiter in S also ("I Want Power! Makoto's Lost Way")...her Sparkling Wide Pressure was a lot stronger than usual in that episode too.

Thanks. ^_^
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

Mattio
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

I know what you mean

Post by Mattio » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:02 pm

I remember back in 2000 or 2001 (when did it premiere on cartoon network again, man it seems like ages ago), they were ALWAYS changing the names around, it wasn't consistant at all.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:20 pm

*blink.....................blink*

And we've noted that in the comparisons at the site.............

*blink.............*

TBA