Episode 2 and other tidbits.

Discuss the content of the site's comparisons here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Kohdok
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Episode 2 and other tidbits.

Post by Kohdok » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:52 pm

I noticed in the Episode 2 review that Tiff and the others couldn't find a reason that the episode was cut. A quick search of this forum didn't show a thread for that episode, so I'm making a new one here.

In episode 2, the Youma uses tarot cards to possess the boys. Now, this might be a tad bit disturbing to some, the sight of astrology, but it wouldn't quite merit a cut compared to some of the other tactics.

No. I'd say it's the choice of the card she used: Card 15 of the Major Arcana: The Devil. It is an appropriate choice, considering the nature of the card and the results is causes. However, DiC probably didn't want to show Satan or anything similar on their shows, so that is probably why it got cut.

Also, I have just found something funny in the cut scene from Episode one "The Failed Sailor V Kick". For a split second, we see Usagi in a goofy skeletal form as her knee hits the door. As if the image doesn't look funny enough, her pigtails are included in the skeletal structure! I loled when I paused my media player at that frame.

Also, everyone probably knows this one, but there's a parallel with "Sailor V" and "Cest la vie". Old, probably, but being the slowby I am I just noticed it.

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:21 pm

Its been a theory of mine for a long time that alot of Arcane and Occult stuff that was in the original series and the manga were taken out due to religious sensitivity. I mean the witches 5 were reanamed DeathBusters and thats just one example. I posted in another thread how I think thats why Stars was so converted because the whole Galaxy Cauldron storyline and rebirth story lines would be touchy with some people who believe that their way of worship is the one true way instead of just saying hey its a animated show lol. But yeah the devil card appearing in that episode plus it being a Usagi only filler episode are probably the main reasons why that episode was cut cause the whole Umino flipping up Haruna's skirt was no big deal heck if you blink you would have missed it.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:30 pm

I believe episode 2 was cut because Umino, who was possessed by the Youma at the time, tried to force Usagi to kiss him, and looked up Haruna's dress so we got a brief shot of her panties. Also, it featured the boys breaking windows and doing other stuff. They could have just cut it out, but they cut the whole episode to introduce the scout faster.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:34 am

Sailor V wrote:I believe episode 2 was cut because Umino, who was possessed by the Youma at the time, tried to force Usagi to kiss him, and looked up Haruna's dress so we got a brief shot of her panties. Also, it featured the boys breaking windows and doing other stuff. They could have just cut it out, but they cut the whole episode to introduce the scout faster.
All of that could have been easily cut out, but how do you think the kids network would try to edit the whole Devil card bit? They probably couldn't have fixed it as easily as the other scene you mentioned, so trying to make an episode out of Japanese episode 2 was probably a lost cause in itself.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:06 am

The main reason the episode was cut was because they wanted to bring Mercury into the show a lot faster. Apparently American fans all have ADD and cant keep watching a show unless its constantly changing.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain