It's not Jadeite's eyes...

Discuss the content of the site's comparisons here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailor Hoth
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

It's not Jadeite's eyes...

Post by Sailor Hoth » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:21 am

Hi there! First post! Everyone forgive me if this has already been brought up, as I am new here, but I was reading what was changed in the first series in the DIC version, and this point keeps coming up...

Why did they edit out Jadeite taking energy from people and showing only his hand and eyes and silouette?

Well, I believe wholeheartedly it's because it looked like, at least to the fine people at DIC, that he was unintentionally shooting a bird! Yes, that's it, Jadeite looked like he was giving the middle finger to our easily corruptible youth, so every episode that showed Jadeite's open hand with the fingers pointed up was edited out. Just look at at any of the early, uncut episodes, and Jadeite middle finger is definitely sticking up higher than the rest.

That Jadeite must have had some strong, flexible hand muscles! I have tried doing this myself, and it's not as easy as it looks!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:21 pm

this is probably true. it sounds like the kinda nonsense our censoring people do.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:09 pm

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:this is probably true. it sounds like the kinda nonsense our censoring people do.
Hey, that rhymes!

For some reason, Jedite flipping off the camera is kind of funny, but it's no surprised that they would sensor it. Although, I didn't think it was that big of a deal because it wasn't like he was outright doing.
(Like "Hey Sailor Moon!" ::gives her the finger::)
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/