Dubbed episode 39

Discuss the content of the site's comparisons here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Dubbed episode 39

Post by Rin » Thu May 11, 2006 9:10 pm

Well, just because I was bored, I watched Episode 39 Past returns on Youtube and all I can say is wow.

Somebody is going to have a lot of fun with the SDA boxes...

RattleMan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RattleMan » Thu May 11, 2006 10:01 pm

And just because I'm bored, I'm going to do my own mini comparison (no offense to Dan/Bob/Tiff).:

- The Episode Preview is edited somewhat to remove a shot of a cut listed below of Queen Serenity

- 44 second cut of Luna racing through the streets to go tell Usagi, and then in her room telling her that they found the entrance to the Dark Kingdom's hideout.

Dub Artemis: "So this is the place. Central Control said we'd find a portal into the Negaverse here."

^ The problem with this line is that Artemis was revealed to be "Central Control" a few episodes back. Later, as Luna and Artemis are trudging through the snow, Luna mentions this again.

- Small electricity sparks are added to that dark hole before they jump in it.

- 5 second cut of the Senshi running through the tunnels

- 4 second cut of Kunzite talking.

- 5 second cut of the Earth transition sequence between the tunnels in the past, this is of "motion lines" over Earth

- 3 second cut, a cut of some rubble from the Moon Kingdom after the Ginzuishou "transports" them to the past

- Serena: "You mean, we're actually back on the Moon? It's not some wongo dream or something?"

- ~7 second cut - Random shortenings of scenes in the Moon Kingdom, and one cut of people dancing

- 3 second cut of fireworks

- 4 second cut of more people dancing, same shot from before.

- 3 second cut of Princess Serenity's eyes looking awfully odd when she's dancing with Endymion

- 1 second speedup of Mercury's Shabon Spray attack

- Originally Endymion tells Beryl to resist Metallia, but "Prince Darien" insults Beryl ("snake like you, all twisted and ugly and full of bitterness")

- Once Queen Serenity has used the Ginzuishou to defeat Beryl, a shot of her laying on a stone pillar that looks like a Christian cross from far away is cut. This is replaced with a shot of the Earth and a slow zoomout of Queen Serenity's face

- 1 second cut of Kunzite's energy blades slicing up the Senshi

- "Even if you repayed up with nicer dresses, I could never forgive you for cutting up a girl's clothes!" becomes "I am Sailor Moon, champion of justice, Princess of the Moon Kingdom, and your worst nightmare. On behalf of the moon I will right all wrongs..."
[Rattle's Web Spot]
[Sonic X Uncensored]

Most Frequested Places:
[SMU] [Sonic-CulT] [Sonic Classic] [SoaH]
[SWS2B] [Zophar's] [DaizenshuuEX]
[My LiveJournal]

~ RattleMan's SMU Signature ~
~ April 10th, 2005 ~

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:50 pm

Even back when I saw the dub, when I was 10, that whole "Central Control" thing realy bugged the *explitive* out of me. Mainly from a continuity/logic standpoint.

RattleMan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RattleMan » Thu May 11, 2006 11:21 pm

I've whipped up an HTML version with pictures of my mini-comparison.

http://rattleman.digibase.ca/smu/series/ep44.htm

The design (obviously inspired by SMU) is for my other site, Sonic X Uncensored. Once again, no offense to Dan/Bob/Tiff, this was just a spur of the moment thing.
[Rattle's Web Spot]
[Sonic X Uncensored]

Most Frequested Places:
[My LiveJournal]

~ April 10th, 2005 ~

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu May 11, 2006 11:39 pm

RattleMan wrote:I've whipped up an HTML version with pictures of my mini-comparison.

http://rattleman.digibase.ca/smu/series/ep44.htm

The design (obviously inspired by SMU) is for my other site, Sonic X Uncensored. Once again, no offense to Dan/Bob/Tiff, this was just a spur of the moment thing.
Okay. I'm a little offended. Well, not so much offended, but a tad annoyed.

There's a reason we don't add SMU staff. Please, I know you're just trying to help, but seeing someone do a comparison on our own forums and then create a mock website to show them off just...bothers me. Please, could you not display that sort of thing here anymore? It also falls into promoting your own work.

Thank you.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

RattleMan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RattleMan » Thu May 11, 2006 11:50 pm

Sure, sorry for annoying you.
[Rattle's Web Spot]
[Sonic X Uncensored]

Most Frequested Places:
[My LiveJournal]

~ April 10th, 2005 ~

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Fri May 12, 2006 4:58 pm

Malachite also becomes a valley girl in this episode by shouting "Cool your jets!" If that is even valley girl slang.

It's a good thing they killed him off is this episode because if he lived to see the next one, he would be saying things like "Wicked cool!" Or "That is so da bomb!"

Rip Malachite episode 18-40

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Fri May 12, 2006 6:56 pm

Rin wrote:Malachite also becomes a valley girl in this episode by shouting "Cool your jets!" If that is even valley girl slang.

It's a good thing they killed him off is this episode because if he lived to see the next one, he would be saying things like "Wicked cool!" Or "That is so da bomb!"

Rip Malachite episode 18-40
Cool your Jets is a common phrase and is pretty universal. It's just another term for calm down and not limited to vally slang. :D
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sat May 13, 2006 11:22 pm

The Sailor Says for this episode was hilarious.

Serena starts out by saying "Beryl did a terrible thing when she destroyed the Moon Kingdom"

Something about the way she said it had me laughing my ass off.

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Sat May 13, 2006 11:26 pm

Rin wrote:The Sailor Says for this episode was hilarious.

Serena starts out by saying "Beryl did a terrible thing when she destroyed the Moon Kingdom"

Something about the way she said it had me laughing my ass off.
It was probably the fact that destruction of an entire civilization and mass murder only rank as "a terrible thing."

I guess Usagi/Serena is a very forgiving person.

Or maybe it was just more SD from DIC.
The power of love conquers all...except a nuclear hypocenter.

Guess the "Quote of the moment:"
OF COURSE I"M MAD! YOU SHOT ME IN THE ASS! ---???