New Comparison Posted

Discuss the content of the site's comparisons here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:00 am

Yeah, but that was just Usagi and Chibi Usagi. We need an episode where the Inner Senshi, Mamoru, and Luna all go skydiving.

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:21 am

Hey, you know that theory about "I shall punish you episodes" being better. Well, even though episode 31/27 Kitty Chaos doesn't have Moon giving an "introduction," Mars does say later, you will be punished or something to that effect. So techniquely the theory still holds true.

Just thought I'd mention it. :)

Found something else: Sorry for being so nitpicky, but in episode 33 with Sailor Venus's first episode, Venus's second attack does include the word smash like the first attack...it is just harder to notice the last word as the attack phrase is drawn out.

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:46 pm

What a sad, sad day. For the first time in its history, Sailor Moon Uncensored has gone one year without a single update.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Has it really? Oy, I didn't think that much time had passed since things took a hell of a turn for me. @[email protected];;; In any case, I shall have to fix this soon.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:48 pm

Has it really been a year? Wow.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:18 pm

>_> Okay, that's a bit much XD;

GET CRACKIN, DAN. *CRACKS WHIP*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:45 pm

Wow, not a single update for over a year.... I am truly amazed. Oh well.... :( Imagine if SMU is never updated again.... NOOOOOO *falls on floor and dies*
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:53 pm

sailor_moon_R wrote:Wow, not a single update for over a year.... I am truly amazed. Oh well.... :( Imagine if SMU is never updated again.... NOOOOOO *falls on floor and dies*
¬.¬ unnecessary comment.

TBA

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Oh, then i am sorry:)

Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:46 am

Am I the only one that actually that watches my sub and looks for waht they cut out in the dub?

I'm crazy.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:03 pm

First off... no Alexclow345, you probably are NOT the only one who does that. There are 6 billion people in the world. One of them probably is not the only one. (also noting that 6 billion people do not watch sailor moon) Second *off-topic* Alexclow345, where did you get that avatar? I LOVE SAILOR VENUS:)

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:42 pm

Boy seems that plan for one to finish the comparisons by meeting in the center didn't work. And such are the schemes of Mice and Men, oft gang aley.

Biggest problem with this one year lag is the fact that if you couldn't find time over the span of a year, then you'll never be able to find time. Oh well such is life. :(

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:45 pm

smfan423 wrote:Boy seems that plan for one to finish the comparisons by meeting in the center didn't work. And such are the schemes of Mice and Men, oft gang aley.

Biggest problem with this one year lag is the fact that if you couldn't find time over the span of a year, then you'll never be able to find time. Oh well such is life. :(
Agreed.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:17 pm

I am sick, really sick, of the posts and emails that basically have the same whining, entitled tone to it. "When is SMU going to be finished?"

Let's get something straight.

We have lives. We have lives that require us to be there, doing the things we need to do.

We started SMU when we were 15-17 years old. We are not teenagers anymore. We are adults with adult responsbilities.

I have a baby, a husband, and a job. Dan is currently working two jobs and attempting to go to school so he can move out and get on his own. Bob works and goes to school. There just isn't time anymore for us to sit and do comparisons. I don't even have my personal website anymore, because I have neither the time nor the will to want to continue it.

Our main focus is no longer Sailor Moon and anime. I personally have other interests, some adult interests, that take up my time. Yes, I still love Sailor Moon. Yes, I still occasionally watch anime. I do love childish things like cartoons and the like...but I also love spending time with the husband that I only see three full days a week. The other four days I spend working or taking care of my son. It's called growing up. It's called adult responsbility.

And just like I enjoy spending my free time relaxing and doing other things, Bob and Dan use their free time the same way.

In all likelihood, SMU will probably never finish. It isn't the end of the world. We keep up the forums, because it's basically the only thing we have TIME to keep up, and it's a way for fans and friends to stay connected. Constantly asking us to finish SMU isn't going to make it happen. It just isn't.

We offered a free, fun website for people to learn about the changes done to Sailor Moon. That's it. It wasn't a garuntee, and it wasn't a "service". We did it for us, and for nobody else...and when you do things for yourself, sometimes you either eventually lose interest, or don't have the time for it.

Either get over the fact that SMU probably won't finish and move on, or continue to personally dwell on it. I don't care either way. But stop whining/asking about it. We've made the situation clear multiple times.

No more. Thank you.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:07 pm

I myself was not complaining, just making a statement. I can sympathize, I've been in a similar situation; though it obviously wasn't comparisons of any sort, it was a time hungry project that college and lack of interest significantly brick-walled. Again, such is life. Change is eternal.

Peace :)

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:17 pm

I completely sympathize with your position Tiff. Each episode must take hours to pour over and annotate (especially with all the little snippets that throw the timing off). Most people with jobs and families just wouldn't have time for that, and doing it for a few years probably just burns you out.

There maybe a solution to this: if the rest of the episodes were opened up wiki style that way anyone could list changes that they see at certain points in the episodes. That way its not all on you, Bob, and Dan. And if anyone starts to whine about it tell them to: 1) STFU, and 2) download some subs and start adding to the comparisons.
The power of love conquers all...except a nuclear hypocenter.

Guess the "Quote of the moment:"
OF COURSE I"M MAD! YOU SHOT ME IN THE ASS! ---???

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Boy seems that plan for one to finish the comparisons by meeting in the center didn't work.

Biggest problem with this one year lag is the fact that if you couldn't find time over the span of a year, then you'll never be able to find time.
That whole post seemed completely condescending and full of attitude. And I'm not the only one to think so.

Maybe the tone didn't come across right, but honestly, it was that quote that completely broke the straw on the camel's back.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

smfan423
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by smfan423 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:04 pm

Well, any condensation was not at SMU but more at the fact that that is the way things tend to almost always turn out.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:14 pm

To add to what Tiff pointed out and give a little insight on how they're done, I want to mention first off that I have been working multiple jobs for many years now, with a few of those years going to school in the mix before I essentially burned completely out. A day off comes maybe once a month, and I haven't had a real vacation in nearly two years. I plan to take a week off for Otakon, which might even be an unpaid week off for me due to my job situations between my two vacations. During these past couple of years, I've been recovering from my burnout and the various poor decisions made in the months following, and just last month I have finally gotten my life to a state where I am caught up with my debt and past mistakes. I still feel the need to work both my jobs to retain my status (and admittedly regain a lot of things I lost) and set me up for the future. As Tiff said, I plan to return to school soon whether it be back where I started or another school, I'm looking through my options. My free time is limited and I try to spend said time with my friends, and I have various things to do with my time if I can't see them.

On the topic of time, these comparisons take up a decent amount of it. Quite frankly, if something requires a degree of uninterrupted time, it's fairly low on my list. I have a lot of shit to do, or things that I want to do to relax. Don't get me wrong, I do like to do comparisons and see what everyone thinks and whatnot. But (especially with DiC's episodes) just one comparison can take 2 - 3 hours, and after a long day of work, I just want to kick back and chill for a bit if I even have the time to do so. Hell, sometimes I just pass out asleep. I want to do more, I really do, it's just hard to get those couple of hours to do so. Personally, I've had the uncut DVD in my DVD drive in my PC for about a couple weeks now and have wrote my pre-comparison notes down, but I just haven't actually taken the time to do it because I just want to relax when I do have said time.

Honestly, I want to be able to say that I will be able to "finish" SMU within a reasonable amount of time and do it in that time. Hell, I want to say since I've recovered from my burnout that caused the slowdown on my end, that more will be coming soon. But I can't do that. There's simply too much going on to make such a promise. The only promise I can make is that I'm trying. Unless someone is willing to pay my salaries for a period of time for me to dedicate finishing everything to, finishing the site won't be happening anytime soon.

We're not done with the site by any means. If we were, we wouldn't bother trying to update when possible, maintain the site and forums, and surely I wouldn't be spending my money to do just that. Believe me, I could use that money for other things. So to those of you who understand and have been patient and kind and everything, thank you very much for your support and I hope I can reward you with more of the site opening up as time goes on. To those who feel the need to bitch and complain about running out of shit to read here not caring about any of the shit I said or had been said earlier, shut the fuck up.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(