What dub songs do you think were effective?

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

RattleMan
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by RattleMan » Thu May 20, 2004 11:57 pm

EDIT: Blah, never mind, I'll just go back to lurking =P
[Rattle's Web Spot]
[Sonic X Uncensored]

Most Frequested Places:
[SMU] [Sonic-CulT] [Sonic Classic] [SoaH]
[SWS2B] [Zophar's] [DaizenshuuEX]
[My LiveJournal]

~ RattleMan's SMU Signature ~
~ April 10th, 2005 ~

Parallax
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Parallax » Fri May 21, 2004 1:34 pm

My reasons for these dub songs are as follows: A: The lyrics made sense in English as well as the original Japanese. B: The music provided the appropriate mood for each situation and episode. C: They beat some of the garbage that's on the radio nowadays hands down! 8)
"Oh yeah. Someone is definitely tired of breathing." ("The Main Man", Part 1)

I'm writing this Sailor Moon/Green Lantern crossover AU fic called "Emerald Sunrise". It's a hybrid of Action/Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, and Comedy. It's about Ami (Sailor Mercury) getting a new boyfriend who just happens to be a member of The Green Lantern Corps. I'm also throwing in some other characters from other animes and some old Hanna-Barbera cartoons from the late '60's early '70's. I'm also illustrating it as well. :oops: Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.

"Dead Man Walking!!!!!!!"

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:11 pm

I like, My only love, but I like Maboroshi No Ginzuishou much much better. And like Tiff said the lyrics made much more sense for the scene it was playing in. As for the music itself I stil think MNG wins the music was very soothing for such a bittersweet scene

People will argue that Carry On was more effective because Moonlight Densetu isn't a battle song, but did it ever occur to anyone that they weren't going for a battle song? I thought it was pretty effective using the show's theme as the final battle song especially since wasn't TOEI orginally going to end with Classic? And the song was about love and Serenity's memories of the Senshi had them talking about love.

I hate she's got the power the song it's just awful. Ai No Senshi I don't care much for the lyrics or vocals but it has an awesome beat especially the very beginning.

Power of Love seemed kind of effective for the R movie but Moon Revenge was made specifically for that scene or Vice Versa I guess.

The Cloverway songs were a lot less Hilary Duffish which is the vibe I got from any Dic Song that wasn't My only Love or Carry On. I thought Let's Fight and Love is in my heart were just as good and effective as their Japanese counterparts partially because it was the same music.