Anime Scenes That Give You Chills

Discussion of any other anime and/or manga goes here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:51 pm

crazydiamond wrote:So, I was watching the R movie the other night because I was babysitting, and I realized that the scene where Sailor Moon is lying in the flowers after Fiore has almost stabbed her is *very* creepy. Even the dub music helps it be creepy.
Indeed, that scene is a bit creepy...the hands jutting up from the ground kinda give me the willies, too.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:05 pm

Case Closed (aka Decetive Conan) on Monday night. The group of kids were playing hide -n- go seek and Amy hid in the trunk of a car. She accidentally fell asleep in there and it was driving around, so Conan had her looking around for clues and sounds so they could find her. On a sidenote, there was a serial murder case going on with the police searching for the child murder. So as Amy was exploring the trunk contents, she saw a lot of money, then what looked like a saw with gooey stuff on it, then some sphere-thing wrapped in paper, which looked just like a kid's head when she unwrapped it. Furthermore, the dialog of the two people driving the car definetly hinting on them being the serial killers. My blood was rushing throughout most of the episode until near the end when

[spoiler]it turned out the things in the back of the car were just stage props and that the guys in the car were practicing their lines for the performance that night.[/spoiler]

Man, I already loved the show before since I've loved the mystery genre most of my life, and after that episode, it made the series jump near the top of my list. The way it had my blood rushing throughout the episode was just awesome.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:30 pm

MarioKnight wrote:Case Closed (aka Decetive Conan) on Monday night. The group of kids were playing hide -n- go seek and Amy hid in the trunk of a car.

*SNIP*

Man, I already loved the show before since I've loved the mystery genre most of my life, and after that episode, it made the series jump near the top of my list. The way it had my blood rushing throughout the episode was just awesome.
I enjoy most of the episodes, too. Some of the voices irritate me, of course, but the show itself is pretty interesting. I usually find myself trying to guess the end.

Either way, there ARE some creepy scenes in Case Closed.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:36 pm

If anyone's seen the four Petshop of Horrors OVAs (which are now all on one DVD), the end of the episode Delicious scared me. The part where

[spoiler]Leon and the police walk into Jason's swiming pool room to see what creature he has in his pool and they find his torso floating in a pool of blood, then the mermaid (who's now turned into some sort of f#$%cked up fish) jumps out of the water and spits up his arm :shock: ).[/spoiler]
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:44 pm

Cutey Honey

From episode two, which involes the villain Jewel Princess. She kiddnaps pretty girls and turns them into statues. What really freaked me out is when she shows Honey (who is stuck on a crystal cross) her 'collection', and then this naked girl chained inside of a tank raises from the floor. While the girl screams, and screams for help, all Honey can do is watch while the girl gets turned into a statue. It just really eerks me.

Cat Soup

[spoiler]The cat, and his sister (who has little or no soul) is on a boat with a pig. The cat UNZIPPS the pig, and grabs some of his meat. The meat cooks, and everyone (yes, even the pig) wait to eat it. Then later on, the pig has no meat, and the two cats are riding it. The brother cat gets a stick and starts to beat the pig, and the soulless sister cat also joins it. [/spoiler]

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:52 pm

[spoiler]I found it a bit creepy in Utena episode 34 (I think?), when Utena dreams about seeing the Rose Bride as a child, and all the swords shoot towards Anthy. Seeing a little girl's flesh mutilated, even if it is cleverly "shadowed out," is scary.

Another creepy scene is in the first episode of Ayashi no Ceres, when, after opening the birthday present, Aki begins bleeding. Blood scares me.[/spoiler]

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:58 pm

[spoiler]In Sailor Stars, I just thought it was disturbing how Mamoru and everyone who was affected by Neherenia's spell. The scene when Usagi looked into the girl's compact mirror and what appeared to be smoke coming out of it and how Mako knocked it out of her hand gave me chills. And how the girl reacted to that made it even more disturbing.[/spoiler]

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:04 am

Umino wrote: Cat Soup

[spoiler]The cat, and his sister (who has little or no soul) is on a boat with a pig. The cat UNZIPPS the pig, and grabs some of his meat. The meat cooks, and everyone (yes, even the pig) wait to eat it. Then later on, the pig has no meat, and the two cats are riding it. The brother cat gets a stick and starts to beat the pig, and the soulless sister cat also joins it. [/spoiler]
[spoiler]Actually, I thought the most disturbing part was when the male cat deflates one of the gossiping cats, and the other two just resume their conversation. Though, him cutting open the pig was rather odd, too.[/spoiler]
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:27 am

[spoiler]In Spirited Away, that scene when the spirit slime thing came into the place gave me chills. I still don't like disgusting things, even if it's just animated.[/spoiler]

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed May 14, 2008 9:41 am

In Elfen Lied where Lucy [spoiler]pokes out Bando's eyes[/spoiler]
Yuck.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Thu May 15, 2008 3:51 am

Also in Spirited Away....

[spoiler]Where Chihiro goes to give her parents the medicine and she can't find them and all the pigs rush at her. [/spoiler]

In Sailor Moon Supers....

[spoiler]Sailor Moon is being chocked over the building's edge by Zirconia who is extended out from Nephelenia's body.[/spoiler]

In Vampire Princess Miyu tv series...

[spoiler]Near the end of the episode where a girl obsesses over her father. All he sees is a beautiful butterfly creature when in reality it's his daughter that he's holding. And she goes on and on about loving him and making him happy. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Also the scenes in the doll maker episode where she would hug and kiss the life sized doll. And the scene where her new maid would start her own obsessed romance with it.[/spoiler]

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:55 pm

The very last scene of Sailor Moon S episode 125 where Super Sailor Moon is holding baby Hotaru just standing there amonst the remains of Mugen School the expression on her face especially in her eyes just sent chills down my spine.

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:05 pm

Ooh, necroposting :P

This is a...weird one, to be sure.

Unico in the Island of Magic:

[spoiler]Towards the end, the villain - a discarded puppet brought to life by his hatred of humanity - finally succumbs to Unico's kindness, and in turning good, loses his normally human-like form and turns back into a doll.[/spoiler]

Watching it now, it's not so bad, but when I first saw the movie eons ago the scene freaked me out. Not having watched the movie until recently, my memories of that scene would bring me chills XD
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back