Stuff you just...notice...

The amazing anime that this site is dedicated to.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:28 pm

sailorperkytoot123 wrote:
AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:I know why they did this and it doesnt bother me too much but I love to make fun of it.

Did you notice in sailormoon that Japan seems to be the only important counrty?

I mean the dark kingdom was stationed in the north pole, so they had access to a lot of countries yet they only attacked Japan, also the rainbow crystals that were scattered all over the earth were all in Japan.

And of course as the death busters proved only people in Japan can have pure hearts.

The Doom Tree and the Dead Moon Circus landed in Toyko so I can excuse those.

Galaxia seemed to be the only villian to notice those other countries on the planet.
Well actually wasn't Rika (Motoki's girlfriend) in Africa when Dark Mamoru was going to revive her and the other 6 of the 7 Rainbow crystal holders? They also make fun of this in Sailor Moon Abridged.
Heheh, Sailor Moon Abridged is a great source for ridicule of all the strange things that happen in Sailor Moon.
Luckily they were all reborn in Japan on Bad Guy street!

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 pm

It seems in the SuperS dub Rita (Reika) is voiced by Emilie Barlow, who also voices Mina. This is interesting, since in the JP version Minako and Reika had the same seiyuu too.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:16 pm

rockable wrote:Also: if time was supposedly turned back a year after Classic, then why is Yuichiro still there in R? Hes should have never met Rei. Not that I'm complaining, because I like him, but still.
That's probably a booboo on the writer's part, but I was also thinking that maybe redoing the timeline without them becoming Senshi or fighting the Dark Kingdom may have caused some sort of chain reaction in the timeline that resulted in Yuichirou showing up sooner. Since you mentioned the whole time-rewind thing, I just thought of something else. If time were reversed, then technically shouldn't Ail and En have shown up during the first season at the same point they show up in R? Or maybe they did and saw the Dark Kingdom attacking, so they turned back out of respect for fellow baddies. Meh, all these things are probably things the writers didn't bother to think out completely. I don't blame them though.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:55 pm

Did the anime ever actually say that time went backwards? I thought the Inners were just reincarnated without any memory of their lives as Sailor Soldiers?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:04 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:Did the anime ever actually say that time went backwards? I thought the Inners were just reincarnated without any memory of their lives as Sailor Soldiers?
I don't think it did, but I think it is implied. Usagi would of met Mamoru already, even if they had no memories of being Sailor Soldiers. And they would be studying for the entrance exams if they were in 9th grade.

Then again, Ami and Makoto are already there so I could be totally wrong.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:01 pm

They don't say during the show that time was reversed. So we can't know for sure if it was, unless there's some reliable source out there that states it. In my last post I was speaking under the assumption that time was reversed, not intending to say that was the truth.

bushinoki
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by bushinoki » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:48 am

It is never stated overtly, but implied in several contexts. First off, the power of the Ginzuisho was implied several times throughout the first season. Second, in the original, there is no doubt that four of the five senshi die, and it is strongly hinted at that Usagi would too, if she used the full power of the Ginzuisho (which she did). Further, unless Haruna Sensei was demoted (unlikely) she wouldn't follow Usagi into her next year of school (in the Japanese ecucation system, the most experienced teachers are hired to teach the early grades, while those just starting out will start in a high school, or at the last grade of middle school). Also, there is the lack of memories, such as Makoto still being the "new girl" at the beginning of the second season. And, as pointed out, the most complelling evidence is the lack of Entrance exams that would have been present at the end of 9th grade, as opposed to the entrance exams and cram hell taking place during S. the pattern seems to be half a year spent on each series (story timeline), and as Sailor moon started about halfway through the school year, I'd be inclined to say that she repeated the second half of her eighth grad year(which would suck if she actually knew it was happening) I'm also going to rewatch the particular episode and pay attention to the verbage used in Usagi's wish. If any form of kaeru is used, then we'll know that it seems to imply a turning back of time, as opposed to a simple reincarnation without memories.

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:19 am

Alexclow345 wrote:
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:Did the anime ever actually say that time went backwards? I thought the Inners were just reincarnated without any memory of their lives as Sailor Soldiers?
I don't think it did, but I think it is implied. Usagi would of met Mamoru already, even if they had no memories of being Sailor Soldiers. And they would be studying for the entrance exams if they were in 9th grade.

Ami has always been in the same class as Usagi and we can't be sure if Makoto is shown running to the same school as Usagi or not.
Also, the last episodes of Classic seem to take place in Winter and in the end of epsiode 46, Usagi is in her spring uniform like in the beginning of the series. But the entire timeline is kind of screwed up, so we can't be sure one way or the other.

sailorperkytoot123
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by sailorperkytoot123 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:04 pm

rockable wrote:
Alexclow345 wrote:

Ami has always been in the same class as Usagi and we can't be sure if Makoto is shown running to the same school as Usagi or not.
Also, the last episodes of Classic seem to take place in Winter and in the end of epsiode 46, Usagi is in her spring uniform like in the beginning of the series. But the entire timeline is kind of screwed up, so we can't be sure one way or the other.
Yeah the timeline has been discussed over and over, what with the visible seasonal changes throughout each season and such (so I'm sure we don't need to go over it again, heheh). Oh but I wanted to mention, Ami is in the same grade (or year of junior high or whatever you'd like to call it) as Usagi, but she's not in the same class. In high school, however, they're all in the same class, minus Rei of course.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:38 am

In episode 19, when Tuxedo Mask and Sailor Moon are in the elevator, if you look in the background-the painting behind them looks like Tuxedo Mask.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

rockable
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by rockable » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:28 am

I noticed in the beginning of the SuperS movie that the creators of SM have pretty amusing ideas about what Germany looks like. (at least I assume that that's supposed to be Germany.)
Sorry Japan, most of Germany doesn't look like it's the year 1900.

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:53 pm

I just noticed the only two writers for the S dub were Lisa Lumby Richards and Nathalie Gregoire. Since it's pretty much a given that Lumby is the bad writer, I'm assuming Gregoire is the good writer who actually stuck to the original script. So if that's the case props to her, too bad she wasn't the only dub writer.