South Park Season 13 Discussion

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

South Park Season 13 Discussion

Post by yoshmaster5 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Well, to mark a new season of South Park, a new topic!
Let's begin with the newest episode...

The Ring

[spoiler]So, Kenny has a girlfriend. The boys and Kenny learn that she's 'a whore' because she gave a guy a bj in a Friday's parking lot. Kenny is elated, and learns she did so because she saw the Jonas Brothers on TV. Kenny takes her to a Jonas Brothers concert, and she is brought to see the band. Instead of what ususally happens, they give them 'Purity Rings' which SP makes analagous to marriage. So, Kenny becomes boring and is hanging out with other 'boring' kids. Meanwhile, the Jonas Brothers want out because they think the 'Purity Rings' are moronic. The boss of Disney, MICKEY, comes in, and proceeds to beat one of them until they submit again. Because then Disney can't market sex to girls and christians, and they can now because of the 'Purity Rings.' Kyle, Cartman, and Stan see that Kenny's become soul-less, and go to confront the Jonas Brothers. When they are being disruptive, Mickey tranqulizes them, and begins interrogating them before a concert. Cartman turns a mike on and lifts the curtian while Mickey is ranting, to destroy Mickey's scheme. Mickey gets pissed, grows giant, and starts breathing fire.
Meanwhile, Kenny and his girlfriend take off the Purity Rings, and she takes Kenny to TGI Fridays.

The show ends at Kenny's funeral, saying that he died from Syphllis.[/spoiler]

Honestly... there were a few funny scenes, but this wasn't that funny. I know about them mocking Disney, hell it's not hard to do now (cough sequel movies cough), but this just wasn't that funny. Overall, an average episode. It can't beat either of last season's opening episodes, with Cartman giving Kyle AIDS or Indiana Jones being raped by Stephen Spielburg and George Lucas Deliverance style. I hope the season improves, because this wasn't that great.

Best Scenes:
[spoiler]Mickey. Him beating the Jonas Brothers, and then turning giant and breathing fire on people was funny as hell.

Kenny's funeral scene[/spoiler]

**EDITED BY ADMIN**

Keep with the naming trend...naming the Season 13 thread "yoshmaster's south park analysis and discussion" is pointless and a bit hard to follow. I've changed the name of the topic to reflect the others like it.

**/ADMIN**
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:19 pm

I thought this episode was pretty funny. Any scene with Mickey in it was hilarious. He kept doing his trademark laugh after almost every sentence. lol

[spoiler]Especially when he beat that guy up and he's like, "get the fuck up! Get the fuck up! Haha." [/spoiler]

It was really funny when he flipped out in the end too. lol I would give this episode a 7 out of 10.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:32 pm

I enjoyed the episode. Started a bit weak but gained momentum as time went on. All the Mickey scenes were hilarious, the white foam, and Butter's quote. "A ring that shows a commitment and keeps you from having sex? Sounds a lot like a wedding ring to me." XD
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:00 pm

Man oh man was that episode enjoyable. Since my sister is a Jonas Brothers fangirl, man, Trey and Matt were SPOT ON on that, which makes this more enjoyable!

But of course, Mickey was the highlight. Not only was his monologue completely true, most of the stuff he said was hilarious (unfortunately, also true). (And I'm the only one who got that Dreamworks comment and it's irony?)

"And knowing is half the battle."

Oh, and BTW, they stopped making the sequels now. You're kinda beating on a dead horse here yoshmaster5.

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Did anyone see last wednesday's episode, 'The Coon'? I'll let yoshmaster give all the details, but basically it was about Cartman running around like an idiot, acting like a superhero that no one knew or cared about. lol

[spoiler]For me, one of the funniest part of the episode was when Cartman was trying to find out who was Mysterion at school, and then Wendy passes by.
Wendy: Who says Mysterion has to be a boy?
Cartman: ....Fucking BITCH![/spoiler]
LMAO!!

There are more funny parts to it, but for me that has to be funniest!
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:37 pm

Sorry a bit late...

Last week's episode:

The Coon

[spoiler]Well, going off the issue of new Superhero movies, Trey and Matt decided to parody as well..

Cartman has decided that he must fight crime, and he takes his secret identity--as the Coon, a man dressed up as a raccoon with claws on his hands, that can only scratch someone. He tries to ally with the police, but they only find him annoying as hell. Cartman also is trying to spread his fame, by wearing shirts like 'Who is the Coon' and no one else cares. Then... another 'hero' shows up, named Mysterion, who wears a cape, a hood, and an eye-band. Cartman sees him as a threat, and being Cartman, freaks out. In the meantime, he holds a 'Coonicon' at the Airport Hilton, getting another random cameo there. XD

Everyone is freaking out over Mysterion, and Cartman is going nuts trying to find out who it is, while everyone basically knows that Cartman is 'The Coon.' So... Cartman goes to Professor Chaos. So, he and General Disarray fight him... until Cartman gets to an 'agreement' with them. Cartman is taken to their lair, making more cameos from previous Prof. Chaos episodes. So, they agree to ally to reveal Mysterion's identity. So, Cartman tells Butters what to say, as in... blow up a hospital. Eventually, it reaches a point where Mystrion and Professor Chaos are fighting, and the police watching. Cartman then shows up, and takes down Butters, effectively betraying him. However, Cartman threatens Mysterion. "If you don't reveal your identity, this will only keep on happening."

So, Mysterion reveals his identity and is taken to jail, while Cartman muses about 'protecting the city' from evildoers...[/spoiler]

I didn't find this episode too funny. When they began it, I was hoping it would be along the lines of a Watchmen parody. I know there were a number of jokes in there, but it just didn't strike me as that funny. I know the main direction was a Batman parody, specifically the Dark Knight, but I just... I didn't like it too much.

The best moments:
[spoiler]Cartman jumping around the Police office.

The Airport Hilton.

Cartman tellign Butters what to say, with Butters going--Oh my god![/spoiler]

As for the newest episode...

Margaritaville

[spoiler]Well, it starts with Stan's dad trying to teach Stan about saving money. However, the money vanishes in an instant, and the bank pushes them away. So, the bank closes, and it goes to the news.

Cameos include the 'THEY TOOK ARE JERBS!!!' guys, and when a financial supporter commits suicide.
Stan's dad tries to explain what caused the problems, people buying frivolous things while he makes a margarita from a machine he bought with an umbrella.

Cartman is meantime preaching among many others who are yelling about how they economy failed.
Meanwhile, Stan's dad becomes a prophet, who is preaching to go to a life of conserving, and a cult becomes to form... with Randy at its head. Who preaches the economy is a vengeful God. So, they all revert to ancient days, herding sheep, wearing sheets, and playing with squirells. And Cartman complains about not being able to get GTA: Chinatown Wars. XD And says that it is Kyle's fault, obviously.
And then... Kyle starts speaking out to spend more... reinacting the story of Jesus.

Stan is in the meantime, trying to return the margarita machine that his dad bought... and failed miserably at the place he bought it from. He then goes to a finance company because it was bought with a payment plan. The finance company then sends him to wall Street. When Stan goes to Wall Street, everything was bought by the government, and then sent to the Treasury department.
Stan then is at the treasury department, going on about how the failures of how the government's homebuying plan has failed. They then come back, to say the investment value is 90 trillion dollars. They then go to consult the chart again... by cutting off a chicken's head, and letting it run around on a colored board. Stan then throws the machine into the chart.

In South Park... Randy has converted everything to the old ages... as in a religious age. They then 'squirell' Mr. Garrison who bought a stand-mixer. Kyle is then moving in to spare Mr. Garrison... Kyle is becoming Jesus, preaching to have faith in the economy. This continues to skyrocket, and then they echo the story of Jesus. Also mocking the Christian religion, and then Cartman becomes Judas... for the GTA game. XD

They then are at Whistlin' Willies, and reinacting the Last Supper. Kyle knows it is Cartman... and continues reinacting the story of the Jesus...
Kyle's action is getting a credit card, and paying off everyone's debts. And he then passes out. XD And goes into horrible debt...

And then, all the thanks for saving the economy... while Kyle is watching... goes to: BARACK OBAMA.[/spoiler]

This was... much better than the last one. I really, really enjoyed this one. Not as funny as other episodes, but I still laughed a lot.

Favorite parts:
[spoiler]Randy Marsh going on about people buying frivilous things, while he is making a margarita with his machine.

Stan going to everyone trying to get money back, and then seeing how the government is deciding everything. By cutting off a chicken's head... XD XD XD XD XD

Cartman going on about needing GTA: Chinatown Wars.

Kyle becoming the Jesus of the economy. And sacrificing himself to debt...[/spoiler]

Other thoughts? XD XD XD
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06