Nonsense Off-Topic Madness Thread

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:33 am

I wish someone would buy my quiggle pie. Im only asking 5 million for it when I should be asking 7 million.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Heh, I'm of the completely opposite opinion than Dan, Tiff, and the comic.

Don't blame the "casual" gamers for buying something that's fun to do. If the "hardcore" gamers are upset about the way the business is running, then they should speak with their dollars, not misdirected anger. Stop buying the games and show the console makers how much of an impact you have; otherwise, they're going to follow the market trend just like any other entity that exists to make money.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:11 pm

I would normally agree with the concept of talking with our wallets, I know of many gamers who already have, but my beef is moreso that we've been told we're being pushed to side by Nintendo themselves. Watch or read their presentation at E3 in 2008 and they outwardly state their focus on the newly found fanbase over the past year or two. I wouldn't mind the fact that the market has grown as huge as it has if companies used the new revenue stream to make more stuff for us as well as the new gamers. Instead there's multiple amounts of crap released, a few decent games each month, and a really good game every few months if we're lucky. It's gotten so bad an independent magazine that covered anything and everything Nintendo (I forgot the name of it) decided to just stop because of it. Yeah speaking with our wallets is a surefire way to get noticed, but it does no good when they don't want our money anymore.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:28 pm

If that's the case, then it's unfortunate and frustrating, sure. But again, it's hardly the fault of the "casual" gamers that this is the current trend in gaming.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:29 pm

One month until I graduate from high school. :D
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:19 pm

Starscream wrote:Heh, I'm of the completely opposite opinion than Dan, Tiff, and the comic.

Don't blame the "casual" gamers for buying something that's fun to do. If the "hardcore" gamers are upset about the way the business is running, then they should speak with their dollars, not misdirected anger. Stop buying the games and show the console makers how much of an impact you have; otherwise, they're going to follow the market trend just like any other entity that exists to make money.
I have. I obtain good games other ways. I won't support an industry that puts out good games once in a blue moon and has the nerve to charge ridiculous prices for them.

I have no problem with people who want to play stupid games. What I have a problem with is what I just mentioned above: the fact that good, challenging games are becoming more rare and being replaced by cutesy, non-challenging games that appeal to the masses.

It's like anime...it's honestly hard to find a good title anymore worth watching. Instead, we have 300+-episode titles with the same weak, tired plotlines...plots that are often overshadowed by flashy graphics and explosions.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~