Greatest Fears

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:52 am

PeachVampiress - While I wouldn't equate it to a fear, I kind of see where you're coming from. I live in a valley too (The beautiful Las Vegas valley) and I LOVE the mountains. On all sides, in every direction, there's a mountain. Basically, Las Vegas can never get bigger than the mountains that close it in. I get kind of uncomfortable in cities that extend past what the eye can see (Las Vegas doesn't do this). I would never live in a city where you can't see the other side of it from a 5 or so story building. Well, I never say never, but ya know.....

(sorry that was kind of off topic)

TBA

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:57 pm

I'm very scared of heights, I don't know why, they just freak me out. I usually get a upset stomach if I even go up to the second floor of a motel and look over the side. Another thing is any type of bugs. I don't think I'll ever get over my phobia of heights. I thought as I got older, it would have stopped, but it got worse. T_T
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:10 pm

Usagi04 wrote:I'm very scared of heights, I don't know why, they just freak me out. I usually get a upset stomach if I even go up to the second floor of a motel and look over the side. Another thing is any type of bugs. I don't think I'll ever get over my phobia of heights. I thought as I got older, it would have stopped, but it got worse. T_T
so do I. Maybe we're afraid of heights because of that fear of falling.

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:18 pm

RoastedTwinkies wrote:
so do I. Maybe we're afraid of heights because of that fear of falling.
Maybe, and the fact of being really high up in the air. I like it best on the ground. ^_^
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:45 pm

RoastedTwinkies wrote:so do I. Maybe we're afraid of heights because of that fear of falling.
I have read that there are two fears inborn to everyon--falling and loud noises. Each of those is supposed to trigger the fear reaction with no one being immune. So I think a fear of heights does make some sense.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:56 pm

My greatest fears;
1. Heights (I can´t even get up on a pony or stand on a chair when the lamp need a new bulb).
2. Spiders
3. Death
4. falling in love (what if it´s wrong soulmate?)
5. Meeting my so-called father (he´s scary and hypocrite)

Well, that´s my fears, and I´ll never overcome them. Believe me, I´ve tried.
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

crazydiamond
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by crazydiamond » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:00 pm

Why don't I have a post in this thread?! Good grief!
For some reason, deep water scares me. Not like 11 or 12 feet deep water, but like 50, 100 foot water, where you can't see the bottom. I guess I'm afraid that a shark is going to come up out of nowhere and eat me. Even in lakes (like Lake Mead) where there are no sharks, or anything dangerous for that matter, I get a little uneasy. I'm better now that I'm older, but I think i'd still be a little uncomfortable.
I'm with you there, only I'm scared if it's over my head. I'm getting better tho. I can deal with water up to about 15 feet, as long as I'm in a pool. But greater than 15 feet, and/or in a lake, HELL NO. This probably comes from the fact that I learned to swim later than most people learn, and on my second or third try, I nearly drowned. But I LOVE swimming. Just not in overly-deep water.

My other real fear is needles and/or getting a shot. I think I've been afraid of them forever. But my earliest memory of getting a shot is my having to be held down by a bunch of people and me being hysterical. I think this was when I was five or so, when I was getting um...damn, the word just left me. Vaccinated, but for people. Errr....Like, booster shots, or MMR shots. You know. Immunized? Whatever. Anyway, yeah, I'm *still* terrified of them. The update of my tetanus shot a few years ago proves that.

Grasshoppers also rank high on my fear list. I used to LOVE catching them, but one day one got up the back of my shirt, and ever since then, I've been nervous about them. My best friend is even more scared of them that I am, so I think she sort of influenced my fear. Also, they're stupid and jump AT you instead of AWAY from you.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then, something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination: we learned to talk- Stephen Hawking

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:22 pm

Awww... someone already made a topic I was gonna make... Anyway.. I am scared to death of fish. Any type of fish. Alive or dead. I don't know why, but they creap me out to the point where I twitch and scream like a girl :oops: Oh well, at least I am not like the girls on Maury Povich who are SCARED TO DEATH OF BUBBLE GUM. Phobia's are really surprising. MY FEAR is to be a loner and have no friends. That is pretty much self-explanitory.
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:25 pm

My greatest phobia: Spiders

My greatest fear: Rejection, Hatred, Death
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:53 pm

Heights, but more like falling off of somewhere very high.

Roller Coasters-Especially the ancient ones that look like they're going to break any minute. In Six Flags Great America I went on a ride called The American Eagle, god I think I nearly pissed in my pants and even though I had a seatbelt on I felt as if I was going to fly off and I heard creaking and I thought the ride was going to break any minute. Another ride which I would NEVER go on is the Raging Bull, that ride looks so freaking high, my cousins almost made me go on it but I didn't.

I just started driving but I'm scared of going on the highway. I live in the Chicago area and I have driven on Lake Shore Drive but for now I need my dad to be in the passengers seat.

I'm also afraid of deep water, I somewhat know how to swim but I dunno if I would ever swim in say the middle of the Atlantic Ocean or even Lake Michigan for that matter.

Doctors, even just a simple check up scares the freak out of me. Let's just say I had a really bad experience with a certain doctor a few years ago, she was a bitch. I also hate having blood drawn from me, I don't mind vaccines too much but having blood drawn from me scares me. My school has blood drives every year and my friend asks me if I was going to donate and I always say no. That same friend has donated three times and every time she's donated she's gotten dizzy and I think she also fainted one time.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:33 pm

Alot of people are scared of heights. Wow, it is really a common fear *jots down in notebook*
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:52 pm

Heights, for sure. Roller coasters used to go along with that, but then my my friends forced me onto one and now I'm only a little afraid of them. Actually, I think I'm getting better about heights in general. Maybe.

Spiders. Outside, they don't bother me. Inside, and I'm screaming and killing it before I can remember that I always feel bad after killing spiders. I have nightmares about spiders, and god forbid I should wake up in the night with a spider near my bed. Sometimes when fabric or whatever tickles me, I scream and smack myself, automatically thinking it's a spider on me.

Needles/shots. When I was 12 I was freaking out and crying so hard that the nurse threatend to hold me down. I just had my TB test a week ago, and as hard as I tried, I ended up crying. Alot. For about an hour afterward too. I was just terrifed, like blind terror. I couldn't even think straight. The only reason I didn't run out of the hospital was because a 5-year-old was sitting next to me, and no way was I losing face to a little kid. It's a shame, because my blood type is O but I could never give blood.

New situation/people. I'm really shy when I'm away from my friends, to the point where I usually feel sick for a while and don't speak at all until I get acclimated. If my friends are with me, then I start talking sooner. Whenever I know I have to go somewhere where I won't know anyone, I feel scared for days before.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Ravynsoul90
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ravynsoul90 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:33 am

Dark water.. if I cant see the bottom I dont go near it.
I dunno why or even when I got this phobia but if water is mucky or just plain dark and you cant see the bottom I get creeped out.
And like Bob I would to think about Sharks, they are my greatest fear even though i've never seen one IRL and kinda dont want to :oops:

My other was caused by my grandfather, I am terrified to drive in winter. We went out to find my grandmother cause she wasnt answering her phone and it was a snow storm, so we left to find her and the only way out of there was down a hill.
We drive down the hill and drive right past her, and my grandfather presses the brakes only to find we're slipping down the hill on ice, we almost went over a small hill but luckily the snow was deep enough that it stopped the car before it went any further.

My other fear is spiders *nods* found one in my shower this morning and no doubt my neighbors heard that scream ^-^
So Sorry, Usagi-chan! We will take your energy after the wedding as your Wedding Gift to us okay? :D - Kuroki Mio(PGSM)

Must... Kill... BILL!!!!

Move your goddamn big toe..

"What a time we live in, anger, intolerence, famine, terrorism.. Just imagin what its gunna be like for your grandchildren"
- My English Teacher O.O

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 pm

I am very afraid of spiders, especially the big one with the round body and impossibly long legs that you find outside in the garden. **shudders** spiders are mean and vicious man, especially some of the ones I've encountered. Not many people know this but the big ones make noise. They hiss. When I was in Kansas back in October I was about to get into my cousin's car to go to the store and the passenger door was next to this bush and I hear this hiss sound, and I freak because I didn't know what it was, I look at the bush and there sitting in it was the huggest spider I have ever seen, it was as big as a tarantula and it was pissed it was almost rushing me and hissing at me. I could see this damn things eyes that fucking big it was. Of course I freak and my cousin said that it was a wolf spider and that they where nonpoisonous but they had a nasty disposition and would jump on me if I went near it. So he moved the car away from the bush first before i could get in, and you know what I wouldn't even go near the passengers door, I got in through the back and sat in the back seat because I was afraid the wolf spider had jumped on to the car and it would be in the passenger seat. The whole ride I was jittery. I am so scared of spiders!
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:29 pm

I have many phobias, and with my illness they can bring on anxiety attacks. But going by the topic my greatest fear is falling my son. I always knew becoming a parent would not be an easy job, heck its why I waited till I was married and still did not have a child till I was 27. And with all the ups and down Its hard not to think I still didnt plan right. I just want to do my best for my son and when your doing it on your own its easy to get afraid that you may do something wrong. There are many nights I will worry instead of sleep over how I will handle stuff when hes older. Keeping my financial life straight so that he has the best without being spoilt by it. And trying to set a good example in decision making but I still fear that I may mess up.

I used to think my fear of crossing streets, getting into accidents, heights, vermin and disaters were enought to make my life torturous. But none of that touches the fear of failing as a parent. I guess it also keeps me going but its rough.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:45 pm

I can't handle open windows after dark. I ALWAYS sleep with my window shut, locked, and covered with heavy curtains. (The wierd thing is I don't even really care if the doors are locked or not). This is probably because when I was about four or five, I saw a pair of eyes outside my window and, of course, screamed for my poppi. He opened the window, and this racoon wreaked havoc in my room. It scared me half to death. hmmm.... You know, I don't think I'm afraid to die. I actually think I'm ready. I mean, I would never kill myself, I'm not miserable, I'm just not afraid of it. That's odd...(goes to do some really deep soul-searching religious stuff).
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:17 am

I am scared to death of fish. Any type of fish. Alive or dead. I don't know why, but they creap me out to the point where I twitch and scream like a girl
Me too, especially cat fish. It's something about their eyes and the way their mouths flap it just freaks me out.

Dead Spiders. When they're alive it's fine but I hate the way they curl into ball when they die, ugh.

Being outdoors alone, usually in empty places, I'm always afraid of getting mugged, stabbed or raped. I know this may be a common fear but mine gets to the point of paranoia.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:37 am

mine is kinda sad, but I fear a snake coming up the toilet pipe and gettin you ever since I heard a story like that. Actually, I fear snakes in general. and heights. especially small standing places that are up high.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:40 am

mine is kinda sad, but I fear a snake coming up the toilet pipe and gettin you ever since I heard a story like that.
Join the club, I'm always afraid a spider will do that to me XD
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:45 pm

Amusement park rides that get off the ground more than 5'.
ALL INSECTS.
Biological Warfare.
Disease.
Thunderstorms.
Tornadoes.

D: Most of these come from the films I watch..
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt