Passions

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Passions

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed May 12, 2004 8:14 am

Who here watches this show?

I do, but only because I have nought to do at 3 o'clock in the afternoons. And I only started last week.

I just figured I'd start a thread here to bring myself up to date (in the episode screened today, Zombie Charity turned 18, Theresa wouldn't shut up about Julian's murder and some very awful things were seen in tea leaves).

Apart from it having some of the worst acting I've ever seen (due to a rushed filming schedule--although apparently Pobol y Cwm has it worse), I just have to say: SHUT UP, THERESA! WE KNOW ALREADY!
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed May 12, 2004 1:42 pm

Let me get this straight... You have nothing to do at 3:00 in afternoon. So, you watch a show that you apparently can't stand? If you really think it so dumb, don't watch it. I'm sure you can find something else to occupy your mind with.
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Akarui Kibuno
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Akarui Kibuno » Wed May 12, 2004 3:55 pm

But Parakisu: it's obvious, sometimes people need to watch stuff just for the sake of being about to bitch about it :P *just joking*

I myself tend to do that with some stuff on TV. But I dunno about Passions... unless it has a totally different title in France u_u;;;;;
My LJ :)
Items up for sale on Ebay

Damn. My "free webspace" provider deleted a few of my accounts. Which means my Sailor Moon site is LOST! T_T !

kevin-sms
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by kevin-sms » Wed May 12, 2004 6:23 pm

Ive never seen that show..well untirely :D
I like E.R. lol
But I never watch it!
Love Your Friend
Kevin

Usagi04
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Usagi04 » Wed May 12, 2004 7:12 pm

I could never like this show because it made Another World, which was a really great soap, taken off the air. :x
"The moonlight carries the message of love."
~Tsukino Usagi~

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed May 12, 2004 8:16 pm

Parakisu: Only thing from Passions that I can't stand really is Theresa. She should shut the NFBSK up. At the current point in the show here, it's like this:

THERESA: I killed him. I killed Julian Crane
LUIS: She has got to be covering for someone
SAM: How would you know that?
LUIS: Because she's my sister.
SAM: Theresa, are you covering for someone?
THERESA: No! I killed him. I killed Julian Crane. Why is that hard for you to accept?
LUIS: I know you too well.
THERESA: But I did kill him!
SAM: OK Theresa...I am placing you...under...arrest. You have the right...to remain...silent. Anything you say...or do...can and will be used against you...in a court of law.

and so on and so forth.

Besides, I only watch it for a good laugh, really (note that I gave Sam more pauses than William Shatner? He actually DID say it like that)
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

RoastedTwinkies
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by RoastedTwinkies » Thu May 13, 2004 7:04 pm

omg, I've never heard of that show. I must have been living under a rock or something >_>

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu May 13, 2004 7:32 pm

I despise soap operas, passions included.

They're all the same, IMO.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu May 13, 2004 7:52 pm

I agree with Tiff about "straight" soaps. I don't dig the whole every-relationship-is-either-love-or-betrayal thing that always seems to happen. But I can understand people who do like them and get into the serial nature. My aunt likes them a lot--big into Passions, big into All My Children.

The one I did like was "Soap," which was a parody of the soap opera genre. It was very funny, and really sent up the self-importance of most soaps.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri May 14, 2004 11:49 am

Not to mention there's a hell of a lot of I'm-in-love-with-my-brother-but-I-cheated-on-him-with-my-cousin storylines...or others worthy of Jerry Springer...
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:21 am

I'm watching the final episode as I write this. After all these years, it's good to know that the viewers weren't the only ones confused as hell about what was going on in Harmony.

I mean...let's see now....okay: After all this stupid conspiracy-to-marry-Ethan bullcrap, it turns out Gwen married some guy in Vegas and completely forgot about him, meaning that her marriage to Ethan was never legal. Tabitha concluded her multi-millennial reign of terror by giving up her powers and confessing to every single one of her misdeeds (Endora sped things up a little) so that Harmony could be saved from a volcanic eruption (Once all is revealed to the confused muggles, we get the line "Aside from that...red glow, and the earthquakes, everything's been quiet!"). Meanwhile, Rebecca and Gwen had their final plan exposed on videotape, and got punishment exacted on them twice (once even by God himself), and Endora restored Father Lonigan's sight so he could marry Ethan and Theresa. Oh, and Timmy appeared (but of course could only be represented by a gloved hand for....some in-story reason). It ends with the cast smashing the Fourth Wall to smithereens (and something about "following your passion", followed by a couple of lines of "Auld Lang Syne".

Our assets? Your brain, Fezzik's strength and my steel. No wheelbarrow this time.
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot