Homosexuality

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:18 am

Tiff wrote:I agree about how OMGMANLINESS is constantly burned into little boys .It's like when I was teaching last year, and my aide was 100% against me letting the boys make easter bonnets even though they WANTED THEM. Also, she like...REFUSED to let them use any tissue paper other than like...blue and green. It was insane. Oh noez, the paper plate hats and the tissue paper will MAKE THEM TEH GAY.
Heck, I recall using lipstick at that age. And no matter what happened to the kid in Ma Vie En Rose, I have no real desire to use makeup any more.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:56 am

hdhgfdhg
Last edited by Jeff on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:59 pm

some of the sales people will give you odd looks and stuff, but I think thats just something you gotta get used to in today's society, but the fact that they let you do it at all is at least something I think.

I dont know how these stores are in other cities.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Bubbles36
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Homosexuality

Post by Bubbles36 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:23 pm

'This is why I don't understand the whole "sexual preference" thing. Sleep with who you're attracted to/dating/etc, whether it's man or woman. Why do people have to have a straight/gay/bisexual label to them?
'

Sorry, know I'm not doing the quote right! But I so agree! I once remarked at a party 'don't let your sexuality get in the way of who you sleep with' and I think it can be kinda true for someone ELSE's sexuality - although I don't believe I think everyone is 'secretly bi'. It's just, why should someone's gender be such a determining factor in whether you fancy them or would go out with them?

Also, what can arouse you may be an indicator of what you like but you may also be v turned on precisely because it's a situation you'd never see yourself in!

'Garde Ta Foi'

Ravynsoul90
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ravynsoul90 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:41 am

I grew up in a Christian/Jewish houshold so it was concidered an "Abomination" and we moved to Canada and I met my best friend and I came out to him and he came out at the same time, so I've never been alone.

But i've gotten much torture about it from both family and friends and even people I didnt even know.

Once at school(like 3 days after I finally outted myself) there was this guy who i absolutely hated, he came up to me and was like
"You're gay?" and I looked at him, my eyebrow raised and I said
"Yeah.. why?"
He was goin on and heres how it went:

Him: Dude thats gross
Me: Why?
Him: I thought you were weird, not a faggot.
Me:*Stands Up and stares the 5 foot nothing jerk in the eyes!(and i'm like 5 foot 7 at the time so there was a big height difference)*
Me: I'm sorry, Did you just say what I think you did?
Him: That you're a faggot who likes it up the @$$
Me: *Begins walking forward to him and he takes steps back* Listen you retarded redneck. I'm Gay. Now, How hard is that to grasp?
*closer* Does your love life suck so much you have to think about mine now?
*closer* You ever make one more comment, you'll get lots of money from the tooth fairy.
Him: *Backs up and trips on a chair, falling flat on his ass*
*Everyone busts into laughter and he's blushing and the Teacher sends us to the office*

Theeeeen I changed schools cause the teacher said I was being a brute... because of the tooth fairy comment.. Canada sucks majorly.

Family: I only came out to them 2 years ago, my grandparents thought it was a phase (My grandmother actually thought it was "DEMONS") and still havent accepted it, and have kind of thought down about me ever since, but I dont live for their approval so i'm good.
My mom was completely fine with me, she would Man Hunt with me :D

I lost maybe... 2 or 3 friends because they were "The Cool Kids" :roll:

But other than that, being a homosexual is no more different than being bi or straight.
Its not a Disease, Its not a Mental Illness, It is what It Is.
The best thing for any gay man or woman to do, is stick up for yourself, its your right to do so.
And if all else fails do like my people, watch them from afar holding in terrible grudge and slowly develope an ulcer... :roll:

I'm sorry to hear so many sad stories on here.
I Wish you all well! :D
So Sorry, Usagi-chan! We will take your energy after the wedding as your Wedding Gift to us okay? :D - Kuroki Mio(PGSM)

Must... Kill... BILL!!!!

Move your goddamn big toe..

"What a time we live in, anger, intolerence, famine, terrorism.. Just imagin what its gunna be like for your grandchildren"
- My English Teacher O.O

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:11 pm

I never understood people who claim God hates Homosexuals. Don't we preach that God loves everyone???And God is perfect,yet if there are people far more tolerant than God wouldn't that make them better than God if he hates Homosexuals?

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:21 am

HighC wrote:I never understood people who claim God hates Homosexuals.
Few people do understand them, because they are speaking nonsense that has no place in Christianity. If God hates homosexuals, then, to avoid hypocrisy (which God is presumably incapable of), he would have to hate every sinner. Since everyone sins, God would hate all of us, including the people out there screaming "God hates fags."

But they never think of that, do they?
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:53 am

NameGoesHere wrote:
But they never think of that, do they?
So...when are all their funerals? I mean, you need a brain to live, don't you?
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:53 am

A couple of years ago, I would've asserted that people do require brains to live, but now that I've gotten to know more people...

I'm not so sure.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:00 pm

One time I was reading a book called My summer of love about two lesbians. My dad saw the front cover (which had two girls faces on it) and said "Is that about lesbians?" when I told him it was, he started complaining about how at my age (I was 16) I shouldn't be reading stuff about lesbians. :?: My mum and me were unimpressed by his brainless ranting and it was fairly obvious he was afraid of me becoming a lesbian, which is very pathetic.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Thu May 15, 2008 8:37 pm

Gay marriage is now legal in California =D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080516/ap_ ... y_marriage

For once I am proud to be Californian.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat May 17, 2008 10:38 am

Yay, go the gay people of California!
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat May 17, 2008 12:03 pm

This is wonderful news! Hopefully now with two states that have legalized gay marriage, other states will start to follow.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun May 18, 2008 7:36 pm

I sure hope so, but there are still plenty of states that have gay marriage illegal. I could be wrong, but I heard that in some countries it is illegal to be gay, which I say is very unfair.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon May 19, 2008 9:12 am

I honestly don't see Virginia ever allowing Gay marriage unless something drastic changes.

I mean as long as Pat Robertson is in charge here Gays are still causing hurricanes.

Pat Robertson needs to be beaten with frozen poultry
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:24 pm

Wow, that was something, Ravynsoul90. In my school, people are like, "No Homo," EVERY SINGLE DAY!! Although I am not a homosexual, I really get mad when people say this. It is like being a homosexual is "bad". They are degrading people who are the SAME as you and me. And I, although have nothing aginst homosexuals, I do not believe marriage is good for them because marriage was originally intended to be a sacred bond between a man and a woman. It doesn't mean the two people cant LIVE together without marriage. Oh, there I go again... it is all thanks to my religion teacher...
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

Ravynsoul90
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Ravynsoul90 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:30 pm

sailor_moon_R wrote:Wow, that was something, Ravynsoul90. In my school, people are like, "No Homo," EVERY SINGLE DAY!! Although I am not a homosexual, I really get mad when people say this. It is like being a homosexual is "bad". They are degrading people who are the SAME as you and me. And I, although have nothing aginst homosexuals, I do not believe marriage is good for them because marriage was originally intended to be a sacred bond between a man and a woman. It doesn't mean the two people cant LIVE together without marriage. Oh, there I go again... it is all thanks to my religion teacher...
Meh, i'm neither for or against gay marriage but I think the only way it'll be bad is how many religious zealots are going to have a hay-day with it and claim how america is going to hell.
True, you can live together without marriage but, it does seem like a very nice idea to finally have a husband/wife to come home to and to be there with you through it all..
Either way it'll happen the way it happens and hopefully people will understand that gays have the same emotions as straights and are entirely the same no matter what people try to say about it. :)
So Sorry, Usagi-chan! We will take your energy after the wedding as your Wedding Gift to us okay? :D - Kuroki Mio(PGSM)

Must... Kill... BILL!!!!

Move your goddamn big toe..

"What a time we live in, anger, intolerence, famine, terrorism.. Just imagin what its gunna be like for your grandchildren"
- My English Teacher O.O

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:15 pm

sailor_moon_R wrote:. And I, although have nothing aginst homosexuals, I do not believe marriage is good for them because marriage was originally intended to be a sacred bond between a man and a woman. It doesn't mean the two people cant LIVE together without marriage. Oh, there I go again... it is all thanks to my religion teacher...
Why should same-sex marriage not be good for homosexual couples? People used to think inter-racial marriage shouldn't be allowed and that it wasn't good for people of different races to marry and some people even used religious beliefs as a basis for banning inter-racial marriage, like a lot of the bible-belt states, coincidentally. Should we deny people of different races the right to marry someone from a different race just because someone might think marriage should only be between people of the same race? What about divorce? Unlike same-sex marriage, divorce can actually hurt other people, and the bible even says that divorce is a sin, yet the government has no problems legalizing divorce and the world hasn't ended it yet (never mind that banning anything solely on the basis of religious beliefs is a violation of the U.S. constitution, whatever happened to separation of church and state?).

Why should something harmful like divorce that's also a sin in the bible be legalized yet not same-sex marriage when there is no proof that same-sex marriage is harmful to anyone? It's a double standard to allow one but forbid the other on the basis of religious beliefs when both are condemned by the bible (or at least according to some English translations, as there's some debate as to whether or not the verses regarding homosexuality have been mistranslated in English). As a gay man, I seriously feel offended that according to you, treating me equally would not be good for me. If somebody said that heterosexual marriage shouldn't be legal because it wouldn't be good for heterosexuals and heterosexuals can just live together without marriage, wouldn't you be offended, too? Why should same-sex marriage be treated any differently?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:37 am

Its as I said before Marriage is 1 part a faith process to some, the second part is a legal contract. To me if two adults (of legal ability, to get around the whole arguement of incest or bestiality that seems to crop up). Then I feel they should be allowed their Contract to be a couple. Yeah when you say it like that it takes the magic out for some, but lets face it even though you can marry in a church you go in front of a judge to end it. You sign a piece of paper stating your married and when the time comes you sign another saying your not. So why deny people this right because of their gender preferance? I say its time to get out of the dark ages when it comes to marriage, even back in the day it was more of a contract with a dowry for the woman and everything. Sure its more romantic to think of it as two lovers meet and pledge their lives to one and other. But I can see it from both perspectives as a divorce. And if two people regardless of their partners gender want to go threw marriage then by all means let them at it. I wish them luck with it.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:23 am

*yawn*

Yet another moron on about how gays are destroying some sort of marriage thing.

Seriously, how long is it going to take to get it into people's heads that marriage has never once been a religious thing? In fact, for a large part of our history, it's been motivated by politics.
It must be emphasized that marriage between one man and one woman is a God ordained, God defined, biblical act. For 1,800 years in western countries, marriage was a unique institution, initiated by God when he created the male and female, presided over by Jesus Christ when he blessed the act of marriage and stated that a man and a woman would leave their parents and join together to become one flesh, and sustained by the Holy Spirit who not only holds the marriage together but also produces the offspring that God creates.
Wow...one sentence manages to contradict itself--it says that Marriage is a unique institution created in AD 200 (or thereabouts), but then goes on to say that it was ordained back in the Garden of Eden. 4,200 years is a big difference. Besides that, in the Old Testament, several figures take on more than one wife.

Baehr then goes on to talk about some dead clergyman who complained about the state usurping God's rule on marriage. The problem is that, in order to be legally married, some pencil-pusher in a government office has to process the papers. So STFU until you know what you're on about, "Doctor" Baehr.
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot