Homosexuality

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:57 pm

People in my school I swear are either prejudice or homophobic. We have a gay couple in my class, and people don't want anything to do with them. They throw insults and they even bully them! That is just sickening. Now, if they were a lesbian couple, most of the guys would be getting kinky because the like the sight of two girls kissing.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:22 am

jhj
Last edited by Jeff on Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:04 am

I know that they wouldn't have it any easier because of what the idiot guys do around them to egg them on. The poor girls can't get a moment of peace.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:54 pm

my best friend just told me she's bi today.
to be honest, i wasn't very surprised. she's been dropping hints, and i've known her long enough to kinda guess. but i have to admit, i'm not sure i belive her. she's one of those people who.... well, sometimes gets the truth a bit mixed up. hey, if she's really bi, then i support her. i just think that she's more confused than bi.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

heartlessarchangel
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by heartlessarchangel » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:11 am

the*blue*girl wrote:my best friend just told me she's bi today.
to be honest, i wasn't very surprised. she's been dropping hints, and i've known her long enough to kinda guess. but i have to admit, i'm not sure i belive her. she's one of those people who.... well, sometimes gets the truth a bit mixed up. hey, if she's really bi, then i support her. i just think that she's more confused than bi.
I'm bisexual myself..But when I confessed this to my best friend, whom I've know since 7th grade, freaked and started crying....(I told this to her in my Junior year of High school because I thought she'd be mature enough to handle it, but I guess it wasn't the case)

Anyways, I applaud you for being so mature about it and supportive of her..even if she might be bi-curious..

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:02 pm

heartlessarchangel wrote:
the*blue*girl wrote:my best friend just told me she's bi today.
I'm bisexual myself..But when I confessed this to my best friend, whom I've know since 7th grade, freaked and started crying....(I told this to her in my Junior year of High school because I thought she'd be mature enough to handle it, but I guess it wasn't the case)

Anyways, I applaud you for being so mature about it and supportive of her..even if she might be bi-curious..
thanks ^_^

about your friend, that sucks that she freaked, but i can understand why she might have. it's upsetting when someone you thought you knew really well turns out different than you thought. the main reason i didn't freak out when my friend told me is because i've kinda been wondering about it for a long time. the other reason is, of course, because i love her no matter what her preferance is.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Dr Tomoe
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Dr Tomoe » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:41 am

As long as homos are good persons, I don't mind them and their love and don't get disgusted at all. No. If they love each other, I wish them best :)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:10 pm

Dr Tomoe wrote:As long as homos are good persons, I don't mind them and their love and don't get disgusted at all. No. If they love each other, I wish them best :)
ADMIN MODE:

Then you might want to refrain from using the term "homos". That can be offensive.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:34 pm

I agree. Most people would rather be called gay then be called a homo. That is how sensative the situation can be sometimes. And I'm not trying to sound like a bitch when I say this.

Dr Tomoe
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Dr Tomoe » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:58 am

Well then - gays. Whatever :)

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:22 am

Sailor V wrote:I agree. Most people would rather be called gay then be called a homo. That is how sensative the situation can be sometimes. And I'm not trying to sound like a bitch when I say this.
I didn't find your post insulting at all. Normally, I associate the word "homo" as a slanderous kind of word, because I've normally heard that word as an insult. Me and my ex-girlfriend, we used to get insults all the time (mostly from guys, if you can believe it), and they used to yell things, like "YOU'RE A FUCKIN' HOMO!" or whatever. So yeah, I don't particularly care for that word, either.

(by the way, I'm not gay... I'm bisexual and proud, thanks ^_^)
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:18 am

I dislike the slang usage of homo. Not because it offends me, but because it makes it impossible to reference the latin word "homo" in any form (homo sapiens, homo faber, etc.), without some twit getting giggly about it. Now, I'm all for lame jokes, but it can, and does, get old pretty damned fast. Especially in a debate.

It's kinda like how you can't play older songs with the word "gay" in them anymore, without it becoming The Joke That Wouldn't Die. e_e;
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Dr Tomoe
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Dr Tomoe » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:50 am

Neon Heart wrote:
Sailor V wrote:I agree. Most people would rather be called gay then be called a homo. That is how sensative the situation can be sometimes. And I'm not trying to sound like a bitch when I say this.
I didn't find your post insulting at all. Normally, I associate the word "homo" as a slanderous kind of word, because I've normally heard that word as an insult. Me and my ex-girlfriend, we used to get insults all the time (mostly from guys, if you can believe it), and they used to yell things, like "YOU'RE A FUCKIN' HOMO!" or whatever. So yeah, I don't particularly care for that word, either.

Thanks :) Me too (on the last phrase) :) *goes to add her on his friends list*

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:15 pm

NameGoesHere
I dislike the slang usage of homo. Not because it offends me, but because it makes it impossible to reference the latin word "homo" in any form (homo sapiens, homo faber, etc.), without some twit getting giggly about it. Now, I'm all for lame jokes, but it can, and does, get old pretty damned fast. Especially in a debate.

It's kinda like how you can't play older songs with the word "gay" in them anymore, without it becoming The Joke That Wouldn't Die. e_e;
Homo Erectus. LULZZZERBOMB!!!!!!1111

-________-;
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:30 pm

Dr Tomoe wrote:
Neon Heart wrote:

Thanks :) Me too (on the last phrase) :) *goes to add her on his friends list*
Um..she's stating that Sailor V's post wasn't insulting, not yours. Neon Heart DOESN'T like the use of the word "homo". She wasn't complimenting you.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Dr Tomoe
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Dr Tomoe » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:54 am

Um, no matter - friends list anyway :D

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:27 am

NameGoesHere wrote:I dislike the slang usage of homo. Not because it offends me, but because it makes it impossible to reference the latin word "homo" in any form (homo sapiens, homo faber, etc.), without some twit getting giggly about it. Now, I'm all for lame jokes, but it can, and does, get old pretty damned fast. Especially in a debate.

Then there's the Nancy Clue/Hardly Boys mysteries (a trilogy that offers a hilariously gay spin on America's Favourite Detectives), which play that joke up for all it's worth.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:40 pm

"Homo" sounds ignorant or offensive in English, but Dr Tomoe is from Estonia so he probably didn't realize that. Just pointing that out.

Anyway, Christian Chavez from Rebelde (RBD) came out this week. There's my contribution.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:43 pm

Jeff wrote:"Homo" sounds ignorant or offensive in English, but Dr Tomoe is from Estonia so he probably didn't realize that. Just pointing that out.
Which is why I explained it. Now it's time to drop it. Thank you.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:21 pm

A couple days ago, someone started a topic on IMDb about the use of the word ‘gay’ as an insult. The topic’s been deleted, I suppose, because I can’t find it. But it basically said that "it's stupid to get offended when someone uses 'gay' as an insult. Since it’s already been changed from 'happy' to ‘homosexual’ it doesn’t matter if someone changes the meaning again and makes it mean 'stupid'." (something along those lines.)
...what do you think of this statement?
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.