Homosexuality

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Locked
User avatar
Choc
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by Choc » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:28 pm

I know how you feel, Tiff. I'm the poster child for being stereotyped. I am African-American (ghetto, "gangsta", ignorant, inarticulate), tall (basketball player), big (football player, hulking dumb brute), homosexual (giddy flamboyant queen who loves fashion, hates God, and whose sexuality was "caused" by either being rejected by members of the opposite sex, being possessed by an evil spirit, not bonding with the same-sex parent, or being raped by a relative of the same sex), nice (weak, gullible), generally apathetic towards other people's petty probelems (wierdo), and a loner (nutcase, someone who secretly craves popularity but is too shy.)

Those stereotypes don't sound like me at all. (Well, I never had a chance to bond with my father, but I don't see a corrolation.) When people judge you without even trying to get to know you, ignore them..don't even bother to give them another chance. I remember when people in my class were asking me these stupid questions...

"Did somebody rape you?"
"Did a girl reject you?"

Oh, yes..i got raped by a fat sweaty old man, so now I'm sexually attracted to fat sweaty old men. Or..yes, I gave up on chasing after girls who don't like me, so I changed to chasing chasing boys who don't like me and would beat me up if they thought I liked them.. :evil: -_-

Like I said earlier, just ignore them. If they think one aspect of your character is all there is to you, they don't DESERVE to get to know the wonderful person that I'm sure (from what I've read of your post) that you are.

User avatar
ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:08 am
Location: University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill
Contact:

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:23 pm

Choc wrote:homosexual (giddy flamboyant queen who loves fashion, hates God, and whose sexuality was "caused" by either being rejected by members of the opposite sex, being possessed by an evil spirit, not bonding with the same-sex parent, or being raped by a relative of the same sex),
LMFAO

Even though I am a giddy queen who loves fashion, I agree with you completely. I'm not like that because I'm a homosexual. I'm like that because I just am. That and my sexuality are unrelated. I have straight guy friends who like it more than I do. What I feel is bad is when people try to push you into a stereotype. Like, I'm giddy. But I'm also apathetic towards people in general. And people say "But you're gay. Shouldn't you be friendly?"
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

User avatar
Choc
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by Choc » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:01 pm

ParaKiss_Groupie wrote:
Choc wrote:homosexual (giddy flamboyant queen who loves fashion, hates God, and whose sexuality was "caused" by either being rejected by members of the opposite sex, being possessed by an evil spirit, not bonding with the same-sex parent, or being raped by a relative of the same sex),
LMFAO

I'm like that because I just am. That and my sexuality are unrelated. I have straight guy friends who like it more than I do. What I feel is bad is when people try to push you into a stereotype. Like, I'm giddy. But I'm also apathetic towards people in general. And people say "But you're gay. Shouldn't you be friendly?"
I agree wholeheartedly. One girl in my class told me I may as well be straight because I "don't act homosexual." (I don't like using the word gay, in any circumstance...the word itself reeks of stereotyping.) "You don't swish, or carry around a purse. So I guess you generally act like a man but like boys?" I wanted to smack her and everyone else who asked me those offensive questions or made stupid comments like that.

User avatar
Artemis
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: That's my business. =D

Post by Artemis » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:07 pm

Choc wrote:
ParaKiss_Groupie wrote:
Choc wrote:homosexual (giddy flamboyant queen who loves fashion, hates God, and whose sexuality was "caused" by either being rejected by members of the opposite sex, being possessed by an evil spirit, not bonding with the same-sex parent, or being raped by a relative of the same sex),
LMFAO

I'm like that because I just am. That and my sexuality are unrelated. I have straight guy friends who like it more than I do. What I feel is bad is when people try to push you into a stereotype. Like, I'm giddy. But I'm also apathetic towards people in general. And people say "But you're gay. Shouldn't you be friendly?"
I agree wholeheartedly. One girl in my class told me I may as well be straight because I "don't act homosexual." (I don't like using the word gay, in any circumstance...the word itself reeks of stereotyping.) "You don't swish, or carry around a purse. So I guess you generally act like a man but like boys?" I wanted to smack her and everyone else who asked me those offensive questions or made stupid comments like that.
I would have felt like smacking her, too. I can't believe that somebody would actually say something like that! They just don't seem to know how hurtful it would be. I myself am hetrosexual, but I avoid making rude comments about another's sexual preference. It's hurtful to them, and, (although some people don't seem to realize it) THEY ARE PEOPLE. THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO. Tiff seemed to cover what I'm trying to say in her first post (amazingly written, Tiffu).

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:49 pm

Artemis wrote: I myself am hetrosexual, but I avoid making rude comments about another's sexual preference. It's hurtful to them, and, (although some people don't seem to realize it) THEY ARE PEOPLE. THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO. Tiff seemed to cover what I'm trying to say in her first post (amazingly written, Tiffu).
*Nods* not to mention it's horribly stereotypical. What, every gay man has to swish and carry a purse? -___-; so stupid.

And thanks =D

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Artemis
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 256
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: That's my business. =D

Post by Artemis » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:16 pm

Tiff wrote:
Artemis wrote: I myself am hetrosexual, but I avoid making rude comments about another's sexual preference. It's hurtful to them, and, (although some people don't seem to realize it) THEY ARE PEOPLE. THEY HAVE FEELINGS TOO. Tiff seemed to cover what I'm trying to say in her first post (amazingly written, Tiffu).
*Nods* not to mention it's horribly stereotypical. What, every gay man has to swish and carry a purse? -___-; so stupid.

And thanks =D
You're welcome, Tiffu. *hugs*
I myself have been a victim of stereotyping. People think that I'm really "book-smart", which I'm NOT! just because I used to have glasses and I love to read. Pisses me off SO much. Grr. :evil:

User avatar
Choc
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by Choc » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:30 pm

Goodness gracious!!!! I was in a homosexual chatroom, and this heterosexual man came in trying to convert everyone...and do you know he asked me simiilar questions to the ones my peers did?

*The ones in bold really made my blood boil. :evil: *

Me: "I don't like these questions....they're stereotypical."
Guy: "No. Just logical."
Me: "The questions usaually asked are annoying. Someone asked me if I was raped."
Guy:"How are they annoying? Immorality doesn't strike everybody. Truth is annoying, lies are entertaining."
"Did someone rape you?"
"Did you want to be raped?"
"Did you ever fantasize about being raped?"


:x I'm so p*ssed off right now!! OOOO!!!
Last edited by Choc on Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:47 am
Location: candy land

Post by yamijounouchi » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:21 am

yes, just like my friends who all say that all gays should be killed. i'm the only one in my group of friends who is willing to defend them. i tell them it's stupid to be so bothered by something just because it's not what they're used to. they all deny the humanity of gay people simply because they're different; my friends are pretty close-minded.
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

User avatar
jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan
Posts: 811
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Southeast Louisiana

Post by jupiter23 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:40 pm

A very good male friend of mine happens to be gay. If he couldn't defend himself, I'd be the first one sticking up for him. Just because he prefers men over women doesn't make him a totally different species of human or something.

Neo Dead Moon
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:16 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Neo Dead Moon » Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:24 pm

I feel that there's absolutely no problem with being a homosexual or lesbian as long as you're doing nothing wrong toother people(hint hint, Bush). It's not as if they're going around saying, "Hey, you, me and my lover are of the same gender. So you better STAY OUTTA MY WAY OR I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!" No, they don't.

What's next, cracking down on the disabled? I'm autistic. I was born "differently". Does that make ME an outcast of society, too?! At the rate American society keeps crumbling down, it will.
"With this candle I will..set your mother on fire." - Victor, Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

User avatar
Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1659
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:24 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Post by Sailorasteroid » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:53 pm

Well, the problem is it's sex and people have such hangups about it. Look at the Janet Jackson thing. Sure, just about everyone here knows and I know that homosexuals can have relationships and partners who they love and respect and all the problems of heterosexuals. But for the ivory tower theorist who never has to look at a homosexual, they're deviants who are Not Like Them.

Look, back in the 40s there was a great movie called Gentlemen's Agreement about a reporter (Gregory Peck) who pretends to be Jewish to examine anti-Semitism. A great quote from that movie: "[Anti-Semitism is] your feeling that being Christian is somehow better than being Jewish." Same thing with homosexuality. I heard a commentator say that no one wants their child to grow up and be homosexual. Well, I for one would be proud to have a child who was homosexual, if that's how he or she needed to find hapiness. And we need to create a society in which they won't have to deal with bigotry and stupidity.

User avatar
yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:22 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:Well, the problem is it's sex and people have such hangups about it. Look at the Janet Jackson thing. Sure, just about everyone here knows and I know that homosexuals can have relationships and partners who they love and respect and all the problems of heterosexuals. But for the ivory tower theorist who never has to look at a homosexual, they're deviants who are Not Like Them.

Look, back in the 40s there was a great movie called Gentlemen's Agreement about a reporter (Gregory Peck) who pretends to be Jewish to examine anti-Semitism. A great quote from that movie: "[Anti-Semitism is] your feeling that being Christian is somehow better than being Jewish." Same thing with homosexuality. I heard a commentator say that no one wants their child to grow up and be homosexual. Well, I for one would be proud to have a child who was homosexual, if that's how he or she needed to find hapiness. And we need to create a society in which they won't have to deal with bigotry and stupidity.
amen to that.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 190
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:47 am
Location: candy land

Post by yamijounouchi » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:51 pm

yes, people get way too hung up on different things. like racism, people for some reason think people are inferior to them due to skin color or nationality. i've never been a close-minded person, so as hard as i try, i honestly can't understand why people think that way. gay people want to get married? fine! let them! who the hell cares, it's not like they're hurting anyone. another beef i have with my friends is that they think a gay person wants every dude they see. like my friend @#%$!, he thinks this one gay dude in our p.e. class would be checking him out despite the fact that he's never had a girlfriend. :roll:
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

User avatar
MonkeyDLuffy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:43 pm
Location: Phoenix AZ
Contact:

Post by MonkeyDLuffy » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:38 pm

I know plenty of homosexual people. But I don't really care :D They are friends (or enemies depending on the person) and they should be treated the same way.

I sometimes get annoyed by some parts though. There is someone at school that acts a little "overly" gay that it makes people think it's just an act to get attention. I mean, buying girls clothes, wearing LOTS of makeup, and actually went into the girls bathroom before. Now, not to be mean, but it seems a little over the line for me. A little "too" abnormal.

Although, I get TOLD I am gay. "You mean...I'm gay? Why didn't anyone tell me this earlier?!" :roll: Idiots who try to make sly lines like "Are you a guy who has cocktail parties with just men"...I told him that "We all (friends in a little triangle that he broke) don't like you, so just take your crammy homosexual jokes and go OVER THERE!" *does a pointing motion* He also stalks her friend O_o So we don't like him seceretly, but I was not happy with his crap.

If I was gay, I would probably tell people. Why would I hold this in. But the thing is, I hate, loath, despise, and can't stand being next to another guy. It's so odd. I made a joke about myself: "People think I'm gay, but I like women...would that make me...a lesbian?" :D

Now, after destroying bad gay joke makers, I just need to get over the "white people talking/thinking as if they are black" and I will be good with the world.
"I Need you Baby Baby
DOKIDOKI suru
Baby Baby kuchibiru ga
Baby Baby
Romance furueru
Baby Baby hoho wo yosete
Baby Baby kimagure ne
Baby Baby
Sore de mo shiawase
HORA kibou ga mieru
HORA kagayaku no
HORA hajimaru wa!"

~Romance, Ayaka Komatsu

User avatar
MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 1640
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:07 am
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Contact:

Post by MarioKnight » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:53 pm

I feel the same way, I don't care what people choose as long as gay guys don't come on to me. I know a few and treat them no different than anyone else.

I do agree with Monkey on some people acting overly so. I know this one guy who worked at another Taco Bell who helped us out on some days over Christmas season 2002 who was gay and acting overly annoying. Very open about it, and I even got to hear some nice stories from him one night we closed. *shudder* There was another gay guy who worked at the same Taco Bell (and I believe still does) who I knew a little bit in high school who was completely cool about it, didn't act any differentally or anything. Teddy (the one I knew from high school) really didn't like the other guy, he even said that it's people like the other guy who give gays a bad name. I just wish that the people who are gay are cool about it just like Teddy is and that straight people would be as accepting as everyone here is.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08


This list seems to keep on growing. =(

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:24 am

MarioKnight wrote:I feel the same way, I don't care what people choose as long as gay guys don't come on to me. I know a few and treat them no different than anyone else.
Well, even if they do come on to you, it's not like they're FORCING anything on you. More likely, they're testing the waters to see whre you stand if they don't already know it. All you have to do is politely tell them that you're straight.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

User avatar
Miyamoto
SMU Fan
SMU Fan
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:06 pm
Location: The Northeast, way south of Maine

Post by Miyamoto » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:28 am

I myself have been a victim of stereotyping. People think that I'm really "book-smart", which I'm NOT! just because I used to have glasses and I love to read. Pisses me off SO much. Grr. :evil:
So have I. I'm completely hetero (though I don't have a GF at the moment.. :(). When I was in middle school, all three years there were some idiots that would call me a homosexual just because I was 13 and I didn't have like 10 girls hoovering around me at all times.. -_-;;... I hated it. On top of that, I had [and still have] long hair and I think that was their fuel for the taunting/bullying. To them long haired boys = gay men... -_- sheesh.. I don't mean to be racist but these kids were all Hispanic of some sort. I'm so glad that now I'm in college and the environment is better. It was already better in HS but this is the best educational experience I've had since Kindergarden basically. ^_^ I've also been called a homo[sexual] when people found I liked SM [and anime in general] and I bet you guys can guess why... Blame DiC for that... They wouldn't even talk to be if I didn't like animes like Dragon Ball (any series). No offense to anyone here that likes the DB serieses (sp.?) but I dislike that kind of anime. I won't get into that part of the issue because that would be going too far OT for this OT thread...
Supah Mario ownz j00 f00!!

http://we.is-a-geek.org/~ShiggyMiyamoto ... maller.jpg

If you''d like to send me a message please use [email protected]. Thnx.

Recent Funny Xbox Chat:

<aznwaterboy> how did xbox kill a cat
<SMiyamoto> LOL
<Raxc> XBox fell on the cat''s back.

User avatar
MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 1640
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:07 am
Location: Baldwinsville, NY
Contact:

Post by MarioKnight » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:08 am

Tiff wrote:
MarioKnight wrote:I feel the same way, I don't care what people choose as long as gay guys don't come on to me. I know a few and treat them no different than anyone else.
Well, even if they do come on to you, it's not like they're FORCING anything on you. More likely, they're testing the waters to see whre you stand if they don't already know it. All you have to do is politely tell them that you're straight.
Yeah, that's what I meant to say. If they don't know I'm straight, I'd let them know, and if they did know, well, not sure how I would react, I have yet to be in that kind of situation. But that's what I meant to say, sorry for leaving that bit out.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08


This list seems to keep on growing. =(

User avatar
Kez-chan
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:18 pm
Location: Far, far away

Post by Kez-chan » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:57 am

Ya know what else is fun? If you happen to be bisexual, people have this annoying habit of thinking you want to sleep with everyone you see. Um, NO! It makes me so cross when people say that! It doesn't mean you're incapable of a monogamous relationship, dammit!

Ignorant fools, the lot of them. I think homophobes (and racists, and so on and so forth) should be put in a box below the Pacific ocean, personally, and not be let out until they learn some frickin' manners. Grrrr.

User avatar
Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff
Posts: 7604
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:24 pm
Location: TX
Contact:

Post by Tiff » Tue Apr 20, 2004 4:51 pm

Kez-chan wrote:Ya know what else is fun? If you happen to be bisexual, people have this annoying habit of thinking you want to sleep with everyone you see. Um, NO! It makes me so cross when people say that! It doesn't mean you're incapable of a monogamous relationship, dammit!

Ignorant fools, the lot of them. I think homophobes (and racists, and so on and so forth) should be put in a box below the Pacific ocean, personally, and not be let out until they learn some frickin' manners. Grrrr.
Well, actually, that's probably due to the fact that a lot of teenage girls tend to call themselves bisexual to be trendy. It's like "OOH I THINK THAT GIRL'S PRETTY! I'M BISEXUAL! TIME TO GO HAVE SEX!". It's really fucking annoying for the ones that truly ARE bisexual. Sadly enough, a lot of these girls tend to use it as an excuse to have more sex. *shrug*

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Locked