Why, oh why, all the sequels!?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:31 am

the*blue*girl wrote:shrek 3?! it had better be as good as the first 2, or im going to cry.

and what the hell is "are we done yet"? there couldn't possibly be a sequal to that movie.
yeah Shrek was pretty good. hmm but Justin Timberlake will be on the 3rd one, that thought scares me.....

"are we done yet?" is the sequel to "are we there yet?"

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:48 am

Don't forget...Puss N Boots is supposed to have his own film.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:10 am

NameGoesHere wrote:
Aya Reiko wrote:
28th: Mr. Bean's Holiday

~December~

21st: Alien vs. Predator: Survival of the Fittest
21st : National Treasure 2
USO DAAAA!!!

I thought all of these bombed.

Then again, they made Baby Geniuses 2 and are making a Baby Geniuses 3 despite both 1 and 2 bombing.
I could've sworn National Treasure did pretty good at the box office. I could be remembering wrong, though, since it got a lot of hype.
$100 mil to make, earned $173 domestically.

ok, so it wasn't a bomb. But with those numbers, do you think it's a bright idea to make another one?
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:09 am

SeiUsa wrote:Don't forget...Puss N Boots is supposed to have his own film.
awesome news :)

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:14 am

Aya Reiko wrote:
NameGoesHere wrote:I could've sworn National Treasure did pretty good at the box office. I could be remembering wrong, though, since it got a lot of hype.
$100 mil to make, earned $173 domestically.

ok, so it wasn't a bomb. But with those numbers, do you think it's a bright idea to make another one?
Now I know why it got the hype.

"For the love of God, watch the movie! Would somebody please think of the profit margin! ;o;"
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:52 pm

Here's a sneak peek of a scene in the Little Mermaid III:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7IRlcLp624
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."

yamichan2
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by yamichan2 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:47 pm

Ariel looks odd. She looks older than she should and her hair is a lighter color that it should be.
This is going to be a disaster, I can see it already.
My poor Little Mermaid. That is still one of my favorite Disney movies and now they are going to ruin it again.

*slinks off to be depressed*
Find me on www.gaiaonline.com! :P

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:14 pm

...WTF is the plot? That trailer didn't tell me anything.

-_- fucking disney sequals.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:24 am

Tiff wrote:...WTF is the plot? That trailer didn't tell me anything.

I saw this on the DvDs. I'm guessing Ariel discovers music or something. >_>. Or she discovers that Sebastian has vocal talents. Or there is no plot and it's just an excuse to make some second rate musical with no original music.

Oh poor Senora! ; ;
yamichan2 wrote: Ariel looks odd. She looks older than she should and her hair is a lighter color that it should be.
My poor Little Mermaid. That is still one of my favorite Disney movies and now they are going to ruin it again.

It's the new way Disney does their movies that aren't 3D CG. Judging the way it looks it's probably done almost completely on computers. Everything from the basic line and outlining to coloring. Even the shading looks like cheap, airbrush shading that anyone can do in photoshop. >__< I weep. WEEP.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:43 am

I just saw a commercial yesterday for another Air Bud movie. This time it's called Air Buddies. o.O How many movies can somebody make about dogs playing sports?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:24 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:I just saw a commercial yesterday for another Air Bud movie. This time it's called Air Buddies. o.O How many movies can somebody make about dogs playing sports?
As long as the can be made on the cheap and enough soccer moms who are dumb enough to buy them.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

yamichan2
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by yamichan2 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:18 am

Tempest wrote:
Tiff wrote:...WTF is the plot? That trailer didn't tell me anything.

I saw this on the DvDs. I'm guessing Ariel discovers music or something. >_>. Or she discovers that Sebastian has vocal talents. Or there is no plot and it's just an excuse to make some second rate musical with no original music.

Oh poor Senora! ; ;
yamichan2 wrote: Ariel looks odd. She looks older than she should and her hair is a lighter color that it should be.

It's the new way Disney does their movies that aren't 3D CG. Judging the way it looks it's probably done almost completely on computers. Everything from the basic line and outlining to coloring. Even the shading looks like cheap, airbrush shading that anyone can do in photoshop. >__< I weep. WEEP.
Thanks for clearing that up. I am going to miss the original art. It is sad that something newer can have cheaper quality than animation done in the late eigties. Heck they have had most of my lifetime to improve it, instead they make it worse T_T
Find me on www.gaiaonline.com! :P

Sailor_Angelis
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Sailor_Angelis » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:09 am

yamichan2 wrote:Ariel looks odd. She looks older than she should and her hair is a lighter color that it should be.

I think that it could possibly very much so stuff up because in the Second Little Mermaid movie it was about her Daughter. . . .

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:12 am

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:I just saw a commercial yesterday for another Air Bud movie. This time it's called Air Buddies. o.O How many movies can somebody make about dogs playing sports?
damn they've done them all.....*counts: basketball, football, volleyball, soccer, baseball....* what they're gonna do now golf?

Yasha Kodachi
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Yasha Kodachi » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:37 pm

*cries over my childhood memories of The Fox and The Hound* Why....why??? 25 years after its release... why... Sequels make nothing better, Disney! You can't improve Fox and the Hound!
Hell would consist of dancing pink hip-hugger pants screaming out "Hollaback Girl" lyrics. --line from Chapter 8 of "Panda Kisses" by Rahu Roux, an awesome Haruka/Michiru fic. Linkage: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3205866/1/

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:56 pm

Yasha Kodachi wrote:*cries over my childhood memories of The Fox and The Hound* Why....why??? 25 years after its release... why... Sequels make nothing better, Disney! You can't improve Fox and the Hound!
>< It baffles me. it seriously baffles me.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:59 pm

These in-betweenquels confuse me. I think Bambi II worked well because, well, we went straight from winter to spring in the movie, so that leaves room for what happened in between. But these like Fox and the Hound II and Beauty and the Beast II....very strange. One time I actually watched BatB part 1, then stopped in the middle, put in part 2, and then finished part 1 to see how well it fit together. It didn't.
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."

Hobbes
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Hobbes » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:59 pm

Disney needs to do something. They'll make money off the horrid sequels and Pixar for sure, but they still have some great talent over there. The Little Match Girl short on The Little Mermaid special features disk has some beautiful animation. It makes me sad for the children who won't grow up without looking forward to the next big Disney movie.
I AM YOUR LOVE-LOVE GODDESS B[BLEEP]ES!
-Aino Minako from Suburban Senshi

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Uh, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-Michael Scott, The Office

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:07 am

I admit I liked the 2 aladdin sequals, but the dozens of other sequals they are making are just painful.

I too weep at the fox and the hound 2. I had a wonderful childhood memory of the first movie, but now it's tainted :(
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:04 pm

Tempest wrote:It's the new way Disney does their movies that aren't 3D CG. Judging the way it looks it's probably done almost completely on computers. Everything from the basic line and outlining to coloring. Even the shading looks like cheap, airbrush shading that anyone can do in photoshop. >__< I weep. WEEP.
They should really follow Ghibli's example.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.