Cartoon Network to end Toonami Block as of tonight (9/20)

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Cartoon Network to end Toonami Block as of tonight (9/20)

Post by jupiter23 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:17 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... mi-tonight

Now, I've been out of touch with a lot that has been going on in the world in general due to Hurricane Gustav knocking out my power and my cable, and I realize that when you think about it for a minute it that it may have been coming for a while now, but to me this seems sort of out of left field. In any case, though I haven't actually watched Cartoon Network at all in a while, I'm still a bit sad to see this go. For a lot of us here in the US, the shows on Toonami were how a lot of us (here in the US especially) got into anime.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Jonathan
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Jonathan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Wow, really? Damn, thats sad. Its been on for so long. All the old shows that been around for a while seem to be disappering. Theyre gonna cancel TRL in November. I mean I havent watched Toonami or TRL for years, but still, its kinda sad to see them go.
JonJon aka Jo-Nathan!!

"And my mother, out of necessity, was a whore."
-Gayle, Role Models

Dinozore
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Dinozore » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:23 pm

"Tell my tale to those who ask... tell it truthfully, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence..." last words of Dinobot, "Code of Hero"
"Is that a poisonous elephant in your pocket or are you happy to see me?" ~another forum
"Monster! I''''m going to collide with you indefinitely as my limbs flail wildly about!" ~NPC, Dragon Warrior VII
"I bet you were thinking how hot it would be to see Tsunade with her gates wide open, inviting you..." ~DuneMan
"To use gaming terms, Tyrannosaurus Rex was a camper--- and he pwned his prey!" ~BaronVonAwesome
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!" ~Dinobot

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Re: Cartoon Network to end Toonami Block as of tonight (9/20

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:44 pm

jupiter23 wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... mi-tonight

Now, I've been out of touch with a lot that has been going on in the world in general due to Hurricane Gustav knocking out my power and my cable, and I realize that when you think about it for a minute it that it may have been coming for a while now, but to me this seems sort of out of left field. In any case, though I haven't actually watched Cartoon Network at all in a while, I'm still a bit sad to see this go. For a lot of us here in the US, the shows on Toonami were how a lot of us (here in the US especially) got into anime.
Agreed. Last time I watched Toonami was when Sailor Moon S dub was aired. Toonami is what got me into watching Sailor Moon and then finding out about the changes (smuncensored.com) and joining this forum. It's sad to see Toonami go, even though it did seem that Toonami had it coming.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:09 am

So, what's going to happen to Naruto and One Piece now that Toonami is being canceled?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

sailor_moon_R
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by sailor_moon_R » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Maybe people will now loose interest in those anime's?
My favourite Cardcaptor Sakura quote *contains spoilers*:

Sakura: I love you Yukito-san!
Yukito: I love you too, but the one you love most isn''t me.
Sakura: *looks confused*
Yukito: You love your father right?
Sakura: Yes.
Yukito: And what about me?
Sakura: I love you.
Yukito: Aren''t the feelings quite similar?
Sakura: *realizes* They are. You have known for awhile haven''t you?
Yukito: Yes, you have always loved me as if I were a part of your family and I am grateful for that.
Sakura: Is there someone you love?
Yukito: Yes
Sakura: Is it..brother? (Touya)
Yukito: *eyes widen and then he smiles* Yes, I don''''t know what I would do without Toya. He made sure I didn''''t disappear.
Sakura: I''m sure he loves you too! He did everything to make sure you didn''t disappear! But if brother ever does anything to hurt my dearest Yukito-san, I will teacher him a lesson!
Yukito: *puts hand on her cheek* Thank you, Sakura-chan. When you find the one you love, if he ever hurts you, I will teach him a lesson.

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:13 pm

I don't know about One Piece, but the last time I watched Cartoon Network, they seemed to really like Naruto (the way they liked DragonBall/Z/GT). It's possible that they'll still get timeslots on Friday or Saturday night or something.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:38 am

I certainly hope people won't lose interest in Naruto and One Piece, especially now that Funi has started releasing their uncut DVDs of One Piece. It's the popular mainstream anime series like Naruto that help keep the anime industry alive. If people start losing interest even in popular shows, then I worry about the state of the rest of the anime industry. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Pokemon on Toonami, too? If it was, what's going to happen to Pokemon now?
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:I certainly hope people won't lose interest in Naruto and One Piece, especially now that Funi has started releasing their uncut DVDs of One Piece. It's the popular mainstream anime series like Naruto that help keep the anime industry alive. If people start losing interest even in popular shows, then I worry about the state of the rest of the anime industry. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Pokemon on Toonami, too? If it was, what's going to happen to Pokemon now?
Yea it was, I think the article mentions the list.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Chibisteven
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Chibisteven » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:50 am

Bye-bye, Toonami. Thank you for introducing me to... Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, ReBoot, and all three Tenshi Serieses. Plus other neat animes.