Movies You Can't Wait To See

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Movies You Can't Wait To See

Post by Slrjoecool » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:47 pm

Upon seeing that the Prince of Persia was coming out with a movie, I thought it would be fun to talk about movies that you can't wait to be released in theatres.
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:16 am

I can't wait for Twilight. For those who don't know (and there are very few of you at this point) this is based on the book series by Stephenie Meyer. I think it's going to be really good, [spoiler]especially the scene where Edward and James are fighting in the studio. In the book, everything takes place from Bella's point of view, so you don't see what exactly they do to James, but the movie is supposed to show this from everyone's point. [/spoiler]

And I know it's a long way off now, but I also can't wait for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:50 am

jupiter23 wrote:I can't wait for Twilight. For those who don't know (and there are very few of you at this point) this is based on the book series by Stephenie Meyer. I think it's going to be really good, [spoiler]especially the scene where Edward and James are fighting in the studio. In the book, everything takes place from Bella's point of view, so you don't see what exactly they do to James, but the movie is supposed to show this from everyone's point. [/spoiler]

And I know it's a long way off now, but I also can't wait for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
See, I have a feeling the Twilight movies are going to SUCK. I'm not too happy with their choice of who plays Edward, either.

I agree about Harry Potter, tho. Damn WB pushing it back.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:36 am

I'm also waiting for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and yes I'm also waiting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm also waiting for a movie called Public Enemies with Christian Bale and Johnny Depp.
I have a feeling the Twilight movies are going to SUCK. I'm not too happy with their choice of who plays Edward, either.

Yea, I heard they picked the guy who played Cedric Diggory in the fourth Harry Potter. I haven't read the books (yet) but from all the buzz I have been hearing they're supposed to be great books, I saw the poster and I dunno it doesn't really appeal to me. But then again, I need to read the books.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:30 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote: Yea, I heard they picked the guy who played Cedric Diggory in the fourth Harry Potter. I haven't read the books (yet) but from all the buzz I have been hearing they're supposed to be great books, I saw the poster and I dunno it doesn't really appeal to me. But then again, I need to read the books.
Yeah, they did. I'm enjoying the books...but I dunno, the movie seems really cheesy.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:06 pm

I will go see Twilight when it comes out, but I'll try very hard not to expect anything. With a book like Twilight though, I want everything to be super accurate, and I know it won't be. All I'll say is that
[spoiler]The meadow scene and the whole part where Bella, Angela, and Jessica are in Seattle (where those guys are going to rape Bella and Edward later forces her to eat) had better be COMPLETELY in tact. Also, if Edward's hair isn't consistently bronze,and his eyes aren't the color they should be the entire time I just may go on a killing spree.[/spoiler]
The real problem is that I've pictured the characters in my head and the movie won't look right to me. I am really anxious to see what they use for Bella's Lullaby though. I have a song in mind, but it probably won't be used.

I'm also very excited for Harry Potter, but I dread having to remember everything they cut out. The sixth book is shorter than the fifth though, so this movie should be handled at least a little better than the last one, right? I couldn't stand most of the last movie because they cut most of my favourite parts out.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:55 pm

I can proudly say that I despise Twilight with all my heart, and I will not come out of my house until it is out of the theater to save me the agony of dealing with SQUEALING FANGIRLS, who I will have to argue with every day about the sexists and abusive qualities of the book.

And, a film about the mindless love of Bella and Edward with no apparent plot and conflict sounds pretty boring.
Yea, I heard they picked the guy who played Cedric Diggory
*cough* SMeyer just wants to be like JK Rowling. Why else would she get beautiful handsome Spunk Ransom to play beautiful sparkling Eddiekins?*cough*

I am waiting for the new 007, and Igor, which looks adorable. I also wait for Harry Potter, like everyone else . :x And, the re-make of The Day the Earth Stood Still looks epic, as well as The Watchmen.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:I can proudly say that I despise Twilight with all my heart, and I will not come out of my house until it is out of the theater to save me the agony of dealing with SQUEALING FANGIRLS, who I will have to argue with every day about the sexists and abusive qualities of the book.
Your opinion. I like the books, and don't find them sexist or "abusive" in the slightest.

Anyway, try to keep the conversations to which movies you'd like to see, not which ones you despise and your personal opinions on them.

ADMIN MODE:

From now on, let's just keep discussion to the movies you want to see, and about the movies themselves...say, how the movies seems it'll be judging by the previews. We don't need to go on a debate about what sucks and why it sucks. If you aren't waiting for the movie or anticipating it, then don't comment.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

heartlessarchangel
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by heartlessarchangel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:09 pm

I, personally, love horror movies, and I can't wait to see The Haunting Of Molly Hartely. Looks like it'll be good.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:53 am

High School Musical 3: Senior Year

It can't be any worse than High School Musical 2 now, can it?
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:06 pm

I would say Im looking forward to the second Eragon movie Eldest, but with what they did in the first movie I dont see how it's even possible to do the second movie let alone the third.

I understand having to edit a story when you make a movie, but what I dont get is downright changing plot points in the movie? Why do they have to always do that?
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:14 pm

I'm waiting for Changeling which comes out this Friday =D I<3 Clint Eastwood.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:39 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:I'm waiting for Changeling which comes out this Friday =D I<3 Clint Eastwood.
I want to see it, too.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

demoneyeskyo87
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by demoneyeskyo87 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:54 pm

I want to see Changeling too but I want to see REPO! The Genetic Opera(I <3 Sarah Brightman).

Modern Movies doesn't interest me as much as the classics(you know the ones you see in TCM), but my tastes varies.

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:58 am

I'm also definately excited about Changeling. I'm a huge Angelina Jolie fan for one, not to mention Clint Eastwood is directing.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:50 pm

And another Clint Eastwood movie Grand Torino I'm also waiting for.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by mizangelamy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:14 pm

I can't to see Resident Evil Degeneration coming out on 12/30/08.
James and I are happily waiting to see our first born son on April 22, 2009!
Mrs. Green is happily married to her airman since May 10, 2008
"Gee, I never thought I had an effect on people until I was in Korea."~ Marilyn Monroe ~
"Not knowing of the dawn, not seeing the coming night, only my garnet eye crosses time, and I think of the people I love."~ Garnet Guardian from SM Memorial Song Box ~
"...the secret song of love is locked deep in my heart."~ Secret from SM Memorial Song Box ~

MySpace= add me!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Wow they're making another RE film? I thought it was just going to be a trilogy.

I want to see Max Payne. I've never had any interest in the franchise before, but I think the film looks really good.

I'm also on the Harry Potter and the half blood prince band wagon.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

mizangelamy
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by mizangelamy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:32 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:
Wow they're making another RE film? I thought it was just going to be a trilogy.
This one is gonna be better from the trilogy. It takes place seven years after RE2 and it stars Claire and Leon. It's gonna be in CG. I'm so excited!

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAzfT0dyMYE
James and I are happily waiting to see our first born son on April 22, 2009!
Mrs. Green is happily married to her airman since May 10, 2008
"Gee, I never thought I had an effect on people until I was in Korea."~ Marilyn Monroe ~
"Not knowing of the dawn, not seeing the coming night, only my garnet eye crosses time, and I think of the people I love."~ Garnet Guardian from SM Memorial Song Box ~
"...the secret song of love is locked deep in my heart."~ Secret from SM Memorial Song Box ~

MySpace= add me!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:41 pm

That actually looks pretty good, I'm so glad Leon's in it. I <3 Leon ^_^
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!