Characters in shows you can't stand

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Characters in shows you can't stand

Post by Passions55 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:16 am

this was inspired by the thread of anime characters you can't stand. You can list characters from shows such as cartoon and live actions shows that just rub you the wrong way.

Cartoons:

Jean Grey: from X-Men. Normally I like characters like her with psychic powers and normally I think she is a very cool character but often times in the show she came off as to weak, plus I was a little annoyed by the rivalry between Cyclops and Wolverine over her.

Cyclops: from X-Men. I...can't really put my finger on why exactly this guy annoyed me so much but for some reason he bothered me. I found him a but to much like a perfectionist and I thought he was a shameless suck-up to the Professor and alot of times I didn't care for how he led the team.

Miss Cunningham: from Tale Spin. Maybe it the fact she had a whinny voice (she was voiced my Sally Struthers ) but she was just so temperamental and bitchy. I mean I know that Balloo tried her patients alot but she really flew off the handle way to quickly. Shut-Up already!

Inspector Gadget: from...Inspector Gadget. I know I'm probably making enemies right now for this but I disliked him so much I couldn't watch the show.

from live action show

Jakie: from That 70's Show. Oh my lord, words can not express my annoyance with this character. the sound of her voice is like the audio equivalent to wiping your ass with a cheese grater!What a bossy, bitchy, menstrual, shallow brat she is. She became slightly more tolerable when she started going out with Hyde but still she is one character I sure would like to smack the snot out of.

David: from Roseanne. If any one remembers this show David was the emo guy that showed up in middle of the show as Darlene's live in boyfriend. He started out OK, even though he was a total doormat for Darlene who was slightly cool. But after a while the writers just made him more and more pathetic as time went on. He had zero back bone and he was just forever getting verbally or physically pwned by every one in the house.

Becky: from Roseanne. She was the oldest daughter of the show and a go-getter over achiever. God, how I hated Becky. She was whinny and emotional and took teenage angst to a new level. I hated how she didn't give a damn about any one but her self and her boyfriend Mark. And I really despised her when Dan's motorcycle shop business went under, which really devastated Dan (and could have put the family in a finical bind) and all Becky could care about was how Dan's motorcycle business would put her boyfriend Mark out of the job since Mark was Dan's only employee. And even went so far as to berate her father for mismanaging the business would ruin Mark's life. Then she went and eloped with her boyfriend as an act of defiance and then later started to regret it and yelled at Roseanne for letting her do such a thing. WTF? I so longed for Rosanne to bitch slap her, just once for9r being such a self centered brat.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Passions, Here is something that you'll like if you hate Cyclops. XD

As for characters I can't stand... I just don't have any that I can think of. While some cahracters annoy me, I don't have any that I just want to die immediately. I don't really know why... but I just keep thinking that the writers would do that for a reason. *shrugs*
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Fri May 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Too many to list, I'll just list the character tropes that usually annoys me.

Wide-Eyed Idealist - A character who is far too idealistic for his or her own good.

The Ralph Wiggum - A total moron usually with no relevance to the plot.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat May 03, 2008 10:14 am

i dont know if anyone here watches Torchwood but I have a character from that I despise

Owen is his name. He's a jerk and a womanizer, and looks very much like a weasel, yet every woman in the show wants him. I don't get it and neither do any of my friends (both male and female) who watch the show. We all agree the character is a victim of bad writing.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Sun May 04, 2008 3:16 am

Cartoons:

Inspector Gadget- Thank goodness I'm not alone! I'm sorry, but it's really hard to root for a character who just comes off as being the bottom rung each and every time. Just give the show to Penny and the dog for goodness sake!!!

Rebecca Cunningham: ??? I'm on the fence. I mean, I do like her, but she does tend to get very irritating with the constant yelling at Baloo. Why doesn't she just face the fact that she likes him and move on? We'd have all been happier.

Brainy Smurf: Yeah, like that wasn't obvious. As much as I like him on occasion, he still makes me want to join in when they throw him out of the village.

Krusty the Clown: I can tolerate Ralph. Krusty just annoys me to no end. He doesn't care about stuff, okay we get the joke. It's no longer amusing on any degree.

Randy Beaman's Friend: (Animaniacs) The kid who always came out and talked about what his friend did. It got stupid after take one.

Mindy and Buttons: (Animaniacs) Frankly, it's kind of the same thing. Mindy gets on my nerves. And frankly I don't know why Buttons stays. If he was smart, he'd let the girl run into traffic and quit. We'd all be happier. The only good episode was when Elmyra was trying to run after her.

Simon Belmont: (Captain N.) The man has an ego that is amusing, but mainly just annoying. There's times I just want to take that mirror of his and smack him.

Live Action:

Libby Chesler: (Sabrina the teenage Witch) I know she served as antagonist, but frankly she got on my nerves all the time. So did her replacement Brad. Worst offender was Sabrina's fiance Aaron.

Luke's Friend: (The Sarah Jane Adventures) He annoys me. He's smug and acts like he doesn't really want to be there.

Mickey: (Doctor Who) Everytime I saw him, it just bugged me. He can be so useful and yet be a complete pain. Most of the time I wanted to tell him to either get with the program or get lost.

These are the only ones that come to mind at the moment.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:32 pm

Lately in the TV show Medium, Ariel the oldest daughter annoys the sh!t out of me. Especially the past season or so, she's now in that stage in where 'OMG I WISH I COULD BE NORMAL!!' uhhhh, NEWSFLASH, No one is really ever normal. But thank god, she hasn't been in any episodes lately I love Bridgette more.

Law and Order SVU, the character Eliot annoys me a tad.

For only the first couple of episodes of Heroes, Nikki/Jessica annoyed me for a bit and then I started to like her.

That's all I can think up right now.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Rivalee
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Rivalee » Mon May 05, 2008 4:30 am

I find a lot of characters annoying, but the one who is number one on my "Goddess, I hate that character"-list is Tritter from House M.D.. I just couldn't stand him at all, mainly because of his attitude. House sure sound mean sometimes (but he's still funny), but Tritter was downright evil to the bone.
I'm really hope that he won't appear in the show again.
My youtube-account / My multiply-account

I dunno. I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box. And then when I put it on, I suddenly got this feeling of inner peace. I can´t put it into words. I feel... safe. Like this is where I was meant to be. Like I´d found the key to true happiness.
~Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

I´m some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Bad luck! I´m are suffering from Rivalee´s Syndrome.
Cause: thinking too hard
Symptoms: aphasia, vague gills, mildly squeaky voice, eyelid swelling
Cure: cryogenic freezing until science catches up

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Mon May 05, 2008 1:53 pm

you now you are not the first to say that you don't like the main character from house :shock:

Cartoons

Launch Pad: from Darkwing Duck. in this series they stripped all the coolness that made Launchpad cool in Duck Tales and watered him down to be more idiotic. Launchpad was an inept pilot but he frequently showed heroism and rare sparks of intelligence. in Dark Wing Duck I feel they down played those aspects of him. Which is sad because launch pad is usually my favorite character.

Jerrica: from Jem. I love the Jem series and I love all the dynamics and depth it has, and when Jerrica is "Jem" I love how sweet, independent, and awesome she is. But when she is Jerrica she often comes across as a bossy domineering manipulative older sister. And I get so annoyed with her whinny "I'm jealous of my alter ego" hysterics, where she gets wicked pissed off and jealous when her boyfriend Rio talks and admires Jem. My God if she didn't want to have a cheating boyfriend then she shouldn't come on to him when she is Jem. I've always defended Jerrica and her playing both sides of the table but I got so annoyed with her in the episode Midsummer Night's Madness that i wanted to slap her!

Rio: from Jem. I can not stand this guy. I honestly don't see what Jerric/Jem sees in this man or why she gets so worked up over him. He is such a self righteous little snot! He is supposedly a upstanding man among men but he has no problem going between Jem and Jerrica and then has the gaul to complain about both of them to each other. And then he gets on other peoples cases and gives them lectures for their behavior when he is doing the same thing. What a hypocrite! I do feel sorry that he is being played by jerrica but he claims in one episode that jerrica is "ten times the woman" jem is but in the very next episode he is all concerned when Jem goes missing (not caring that jerrica is too) and pursues her in a jealous rage when Riot tries to move in on her. What ever!

Clover: from Totally Spies. Ugh, what a cliched character she is... :roll:

Wheeler: from the Planteers. He is just a big stereotype of how Americans are just lazy, ignorant, apathetic, losers that doesn't care about anything unless it effects them personally. And although alot of Americans are like that there are quite a few of eviromentally conscience, and educated, and respectful Americans who actually care about the world around them and try to do something about it. I hate stereotypes. :evil:
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Mon May 05, 2008 2:27 pm

Dejane (Proud Family)- Most annoying character ever to come out of Disney. She's loud, obnoxious, a back stabber, and just in general an unplesant person.

Near (Death Note)- Just an annoying version of L. And seriously what was the point of making his character almost exactly like the former? I was rooting for Light by the time Near came into the story. It would have been better if they had focused more on Mello.

Lucy- (Chronicles of Narnia) This is only movie version of Lucy. Basically, she takes all of Susan's lines and just comes off annoying. And I hate child characters that are supposed to be smarter than the adults.

Casey (Life with Derek)- Wow, talk about self righteous. Good God I want to smack this girl anytime I watch this show. And she really needs to just shut up and stop pushing her agenda onto everyone.

Tifa (FFVII)- Dare I say it? Yep, I can not stand this character. What most people percieve as a strong female influence only comes off as whiner the entire game who needs Cloud by her at all times. Seriously, she needs to get her own life.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:17 pm

Rin wrote:Dejane (Proud Family)- Most annoying character ever to come out of Disney. She's loud, obnoxious, a back stabber, and just in general an unplesant person.
Not just Dejane, but pretty much any character in The Proud Family. I thought The Proud Family is one of the weakest shows ever aired on the Disney Channel. Lacienega Boulevardes also annoyed the heck out of me. Half the time Penny's "friends" were just plain stupid, especially Dejane.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:24 am

Passions55 wrote: Wheeler: from the Planteers. He is just a big stereotype of how Americans are just lazy, ignorant, apathetic, losers that doesn't care about anything unless it effects them personally. And although a lot of Americans are like that there are quite a few of environmentally conscience, and educated, and respectful Americans who actually care about the world around them and try to do something about it. I hate stereotypes. :evil:
Ok, I feel the need to defend Wheeler. Yes he was generally lazy/apathetic most of the time, and the only reason he seemed to stay was to try to score with Linka. In spite of all that, I think he really proved himself enough to deserve to be on the team. IIRC He even saved a kid from being beaten up right before he got his ring. Plus his power was fire and that was the best one of them all (at least better then Ma-Ti's Heart which was useless except when they needed a convenient plot device). Besides every character on that show was a stereotype (I'm surprised there wasn't a defamation lawsuit filed by every ethnic group in the world). This isn't to say you can't be annoyed by him for whatever reason or no reason at all, but I just felt like I had to defend him.

As for characters that annoyed me I gotta go with:

Rebeca Cunningham from Tail Spin. She berated Balloo way too much, especially after he constantly helped save her, her business, society, etc. Yeah, Balloo was a carefree, lazy, bastard, but cut the poor guy some slack.

Shinji Ikari from Evangelion. He seemed to be just a whiner to the end. He was so depressing throughout the whole show. Everytime he seemed to cheer up he was back to whining in the next scene.

Asuka Langly Soryu also from Evangelion. While Shinji was too much of a man-bitch, Auska was way to much of a standard bitch. She was so demanding and hard on everyone, that it seemed to keep Shinji depressed and whiny.
DreamEmpress wrote: Simon Belmont: (Captain N.) The man has an ego that is amusing, but mainly just annoying. There's times I just want to take that mirror of his and smack him.
Agreed, I also hated that douche because of the way he totally destroyed an otherwise cool character. Although I think they made him that annoying to make the rest of the cast seem much less annoying; it worked IMO.

Mina from the NA dub of Sailor Moon. While I was cool with her most of the time, every time she spoke I kept thinking of one line she said that made my brain hurt. It was something like "Wow. We look really different when we're in our normal clothes." (I love myself way too much to look that line up). Really, Mina...you can't tell who people are when they change outfits???? Its really that hard for you? (Hell, none of them even wore glasses). This is not to say anything bad about Minako or her NA VA, just about the complete idiot DiC turned her into.
Last edited by Gamer8585 on Tue May 06, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The power of love conquers all...except a nuclear hypocenter.

Guess the "Quote of the moment:"
OF COURSE I"M MAD! YOU SHOT ME IN THE ASS! ---???

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Tue May 06, 2008 8:57 am

The Rad Girls: I know they're actual people, but I felt my IQ drop by about 10 points in the first ten minutes of their show. I actually had to fast-forward through the Smellevator stunt.

Julian Crane: I know that all the cast of Passions are somewhat annoying (although this is mainly the material they're given--writing for that show must be one heck of a lousy experience), but Julian was one character I could have done without on that show. Theresa was right to try and kill him.

Nicole Franklin/Harris: According to the TV guide, she finally gets what's coming to her on Thursday. The next two days can't come soon enough. UK viewers better watch out for her.

And, as we're on the subject of H&A, Colleen "Colleen Stewart" Smart, but she's annoying in canon. Morag was in the right to yell at her. But Morag is played by Cornelia Frances, so she gets off easy.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Thu May 08, 2008 3:21 am

Gamer8585 wrote:
Passions55 wrote:Shinji Ikari from Evangelion. He seemed to be just a whiner to the end. He was so depressing throughout the whole show. Everytime he seemed to cheer up he was back to whining in the next scene.

Asuka Langly Soryu also from Evangelion. While Shinji was too much of a man-bitch, Auska was way to much of a standard bitch. She was so demanding and hard on everyone, that it seemed to keep Shinji depressed and whiny.
And what about Misato, Gendo, Kaji, Ritsuko, Rei, Lorenz, Seele, Toji, Kensuke, Hikari and just about every other Evangelion character?
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu May 08, 2008 7:56 am

Just a reminder that we are not talking about anime characters here, there is already a topic for that.

Dawn Summers from BtVS. I could not stand her, not only because I don't like her actress but also because she was an annoying character, all she did was whine and complain.

Kennedy from BtVS. The main reason I hated her was because she thought she was "cool" because she was Willow's GF when in actual fact she was completely useless.

Adam Also from BtVS. He was probably the worst big bad of the entire series. He was boring and bland and constantly reminded the audience that he was an android. I'm pretty sure we got it the first 500 times.

Clover from Totally Spies. She wasn't unbearable but I got tired of her "OMG A BOY!" attitude.

Lizzie from Lizzie Maguire. She is the definition of annoying. If she wasn't drooling over Ethan she was pretty much doing nothing throughout the entire episode.

Connor from Angel. He was okay when he and Angel first started bonding but when he and Cordelia shacked up I wanted to strangle him. He went as far as to go ape shit over Jasmine and tie a bunch of people to a bomb.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Gamer8585
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Gamer8585 » Thu May 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:
Gamer8585 wrote:Shinji Ikari from Evangelion. He seemed to be just a whiner to the end. He was so depressing throughout the whole show. Everytime he seemed to cheer up he was back to whining in the next scene.

And what about Misato, Gendo, Kaji, Ritsuko, Rei, Lorenz, Seele, Toji, Kensuke, Hikari and just about every other Evangelion character?
Indeed they all had their moments, but I think that Shinji and Asuka were basically the most annoying of the bunch.

Misato generally had a positive attitude.
Gendo was an asshole, but it was kind of entertaining.
Kaji was just a fun character IMO.
Rei was to quiet to get on my NERVs (lol).
Ritsuko was just doing her job and trying to keep Misato on track,

The rest weren't around enough to piss me off.

BTW: Pen Pen should have gotten his own spin-off. Total...ratings...gold.
The power of love conquers all...except a nuclear hypocenter.

Guess the "Quote of the moment:"
OF COURSE I"M MAD! YOU SHOT ME IN THE ASS! ---???

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu May 08, 2008 5:25 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:J

Lizzie from Lizzie Maguire. She is the definition of annoying. If she wasn't drooling over Ethan she was pretty much doing nothing throughout the entire episode.
One of the several reasons why I stopped watching that show and mainly because Hilary Duff also got on my nerves and IMO she CAN'T sing! And if you ever watch the show, it's repetitive-Lizzie drools over Ethan, fights with Kate, fights with her brother Matt (who was cool until the later episodes, his character also got repetitive), fights with her parents and to me it seemed that she fought a lot with her friends Gordo and Miranda. By the way, the nickname 'Gordo' made no sense to me, I understand that his name was 'Gordon' but I hated his nickname and he was unattractive IMO.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu May 08, 2008 8:03 pm

Meadow from the Sopranos. I know that T.V. and movies are pretty much required to have all teenage characters be mouthy, unappriciative brats, but geez. All she ever did was whine, whine, whine about how much her life sucked (even though she lives in a bloody mansion) and expected her parents to always help her. I remember there was one episode where she refused to talk to Tony, then out of the blue she DEMANDS money from him. And then she turned into ZOMG Political Activist! in the later seasons.

A.J. from the Sopranos in the later seasons. Holy shit, it's like someone wrote an over the top caricature of an emo spilling over with frothy teen angst and tried to pass it off as a real character. You know it's bad when I was hoping that [spoiler]his suicide attempt in the last season succeeded[/spoiler]

Kochanski from Red Dwarf. Chloe Annet, not Claire Grogan. Claire was adorable and sweet, Chloe made the character irritating and self centered. "Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Dave wouldn't have done that" pretty much sums up what's wrong with her. I also don't like that they chose not to use Claire in later seasons because she wasn't pretty enough.

Cathy from Traders (first season). Here you have a character who acts like a total bitch to her brother (who she hasn't seen in years), then turns around and demands that he give her a job and the trading firm he works at because "she's his sister". She then uses insider knowledge to make money (ILLEGAL), and when her brother confronts and makes her quit, she yells at him about how it's unfair. Luckily they rewrote and recast her into a much better character in season 2.

Madeline from Madeline. Why hello Mary-Sue. I hated this show when I was a kid, because I thought it was unfair how Madeline seemed to be favoured and treated better then the other girls, and how she was so perfect.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Fri May 09, 2008 3:59 am

I actually liked Lizzie McGuire. She had her annoying moments, but then again, what teenager isn't bratty at times? *sigh* I cringe to remember my youth.

Okay I vote Miranda instead. Frankly she really irritated me the entire series. She's constantly being the voice of bad judgement and couldn't seem to keep out of an arguement. Especially over stuff that didn't even matter. It was hard to take her even remotely seriously when they were touching on a serious topic like eating disorders. Which frankly made the topic even less believable. She made me actually appricate when Kate was on screen. The only ones even more annoying were Claire and Kate's cousin.

Heart Throb (My Little Ponies): She made me want to cringe whenever she was on the screen. A very self centered irritant. Self proclaimed romantic....oh brother!

Lt. Colonel Henry Blake (M*A*S*H): A whimp among leaders. The man is running a looney bin and letting everyone run him over. He made me skip the first three years of that show. Now I didn't want him to die or anything [spoiler](Sadly he did at the end of season 3)[/spoiler] but I was very grateful when they got a new leader who knew a thing or two about discipline at the appropriate times.

Major Frank Burns (M*A*S*H): I was so happy when he finally went crackers and went home! Now there were times when I felt he added well to the story lines, like when it came to pranking him. But for the most part, he was just down right annoying. A true hypocrite with the common sense of a rock. And an even more twisted psycho whenever left in charge. He was so bad, even the North Koreans wouldn't take him prisoner!

Major Margaret Houlihan (M*A*S*H): I'm only listing her because of the first 6 seasons. She was a major pain during that time. no compassion and even less sense of reality when it came to men. Her constant plotting with Frank just got to the point of overly annoying. After about season 7, I actually started liking her because she started to show she was an actual caring human being who did appreciate a good joke. But before her change, I would have boxed her in a crate and sent her to the enemy.

Col. Flagg (M*A*S*H): My last annoyance from an otherwise brillant show. Stupidity thy name is Flagg! He's actually worse than Frank! Paranoid and without a brain of his own. He constantly looked for trouble and spared no expense at being a general jerk. Why the CIA even hired him is beyond me, but I can say that I sleep better when i know the safety of our country is not in his hands. He brings new meaning to the words psychotic nut job! But what scares me more is that he was a Las Vegas show girl once...ewwwwww!!!

Blondie Bumstead(Blondie movies from the 1930's): Somehow her sweet personality didn't translate completely into the early films. She's jealous and quick to anger. Sadly she causes most of the trouble Dagwood got himself into. I still recommend watching the old films, they are very funny. I just get frustrated watching Blondie be irriational and stupid over stuff that can be easily cleared up if she'd listen to her husband first.

michikodesu
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by michikodesu » Fri May 09, 2008 2:14 pm

I agree with Passions55 about Jean Grey and Cyclops from X-Men. For some reason I just can't stand her character and Cyclops was just too whiny for my tastes.

That's all I can think of now.
GAZ: I m only thirteen levels away from finishing this game. So I either finish my game or make you wish I was never born!!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat May 10, 2008 9:46 am

Speaking of Jean Grey, why does she have to be the focus of the show, in X-Men she had a major role, especially when she was being brainwashed, in X-Men Evolution, she had a huge role. What about the other characters such as Kitty, Nightcrawler and Spike who in my opinion, were far more interesting than Jean Grey was. She even had the most appearences and the largest roles in the movies.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!