Britney Spears has lost physical custody of her kids

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Britney Spears has lost physical custody of her kids

Post by Neon Heart » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:23 pm

TMZ has learned Britney Spears has lost physical custody of her kids.

L.A. County Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon issued an order today stating that Kevin Federline, the boys' father, "is to retain physical custody of the minor children on Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 12:00 PM until further order of the court."

Story developing ...

Source: TMZ.com

And...ET confirms that BRITNEY SPEARS will lose physical custody of her two boys as of this Wednesday at 12 p.m.
Today's ruling states: "Respondent's oral motion pursuant to section 214FC is granted and the matter proceeds as a closed hearing. The court and all parties present confer on the record that the court makes its order as fully reflected in the notes of the official court reporter. The court's prior order including the orders made on September 28, 2007 remain in full force and effect with the following modification: Respondent is to retain physical custody of the minor children on Wednesday October 3rd, 2007 at 12 PM until further order of the Court. Respondent’s ex-parte application is noticed for October 3, 2007 at 1:30 PM in Department 88."

Source: Britney Spears Loses Custody

Oh snap, you guys.... its happened. Hold onto your hats...
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:56 pm

Yeah, I've been reading about it since I hopped onto my sister's computer and saw it on Yahoo.

While I can't say this is a surprise (nor can I say it makes me happy to learn), I will say I hope this whole ordeal teaches her a lesson. She seems to have gone through life without realizing there are consequences for the choices she makes, and if she prefers being a party girl and an addict over being a good Mom and provider, then she deserves what she gets unless she shapes up.

Those poor kids, though...I only hope K-Fed treats them well. This has got to be the toughest on them, poor mites. :(

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:44 pm

I have no idea if Britney Spears is a good mother or not. She seems to have a substance-abuse issue and a serious problem with keeping her private life private. But I find it appalling that the media is jumping all over this circus. It's perverse that so many vultures are gleefully picking at this human trainwreck... she's a young mother, and if for only that reason, she shouldn't be treated with such disrespect.

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!11

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:01 pm

Jeff wrote:I have no idea if Britney Spears is a good mother or not. She seems to have a substance-abuse issue and a serious problem with keeping her private life private. But I find it appalling that the media is jumping all over this circus. It's perverse that so many vultures are gleefully picking at this human trainwreck... she's a young mother, and if for only that reason, she shouldn't be treated with such disrespect.

Sigh I agree, Im not a big Britney fan as I said before not really into her style music and always thought maybe she should focus more on music then showing off her stuff, but hey its what sells I guess. The media has been blasting her harsly for awhile from calling her fat to showing every bit of her (ugh in every sense of the word) while shes on her escapades. I cannot state that im not shocked her kids were taken I just think that having it spilled to the world is only going to push that girl further down that downwardspiral. Maybe it might wake her up but I dunno about it. Also I dont think Kevin Federline is the better parent dont know if Britney's parents would have made a better choice at all and dont know much about Ferderline's clan so I hope those kids will be okay. Seems to me they are just pawns and its ashame.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:32 pm

I'm glad she lost custody. IMHO, a mother shouldn't be out partying out of control. It shows a lack of maturity and responsibility, and someone with substance abse shouldn't be trusted with small children. I don't know if Kevin would be a great parent, but he's got to be better than Britney -_-
That being said, I think it's disgusting how much publicity this is getting. All Chris Crocker jokes aside, they really should just leave her alone. She deserves the basic human right of a little privacy :roll:

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:53 pm

I hope these kids will be able to live happy lives whoever takes care of them. Of course it would be best for them if their mother would raise them too but if all the stories about her are true, particularly that one where she was supposedly running around the house naked screaming like a lunatic, I don't think she's exactly in the best mental state to raise them properly. Normally I would feel sorry for someone like this, but it's hard for me to feel sympathy for her when she brought it all on herself. And I think if Britney wanted to become a celebrity, she should have been prepared for bad press and gossip from tabloid reporters. Yes, I think tabloid reporters and such really need to get a life, but being famous she should have expected people to talk about her when she makes stupid decisions over raising her kids right. Expecting people to not gossip about a famous person's stupid choices is like expecting Simon from American Idol to say something nice about a bad singer. Besides, Avril Lavigne is the new Britney Spears anyway, and people will eventually get bored and move on to the latest gossip about whoever is the hottest new star is, and forget about her until she does something stupid again, so it makes little difference to me.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:05 pm

oh, come on.

If you're a celebrity, expect your life to be picked apart. It's the reality of it. Good lord.

And the evidence points to her being a shitty mom. The woman parties all the time, drinks like crazy, had to be admitted into rehab, went into a nervous breakdown, and neglects her kids. Being "a young mother" has nothing to do with it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:14 pm

I agree with Jeff.

It was ridiculous what happened in the media after her VMA performance. I don't like Britney's music, and I don't approve of the way she acts, but it was disgusting to see the bashfest that ensued.

I hope she can clean up her act for the kids' sake, and earn back her dignity. It's not fun to see anyone fall apart like that.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Aya Reiko
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Aya Reiko » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:29 pm

Jeff wrote:I have no idea if Britney Spears is a good mother or not. She seems to have a substance-abuse issue and a serious problem with keeping her private life private. But I find it appalling that the media is jumping all over this circus. It's perverse that so many vultures are gleefully picking at this human trainwreck... she's a young mother, and if for only that reason, she shouldn't be treated with such disrespect.

Chris Crocker, is that you?

I'll agree with Tiff. And it's rather obvious she's a complete trainwreck. Who would've thought Fed-Ex would look like the responsible one.
You seem like the kind of person who'll lie.
However... this sword doesn't lie.

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:39 pm

I don't want to defend Britney's behavior. It's wrong. But this woman is clearly in a downward spiral and the media seems to have lost all human decency in the way they're hounding her.

As for choosing to become a celebrity... yes, she did, but look at her life for a moment. She's been entertaining since she was a child (pushed by her mother), and became a national sex symbol at 17 years old. Frankly, it would be surprising if she wasn't a mess. She is a mother now and she has to get her act together because at this point it's about her kids, not her, but it seems like the whole world has lost perspective on this thing.

Her music was manufactured and she wasn't the greatest singer (not horrible by any means though), but unlike many celebrities you never heard her saying horrible things about other people. She is from rural Louisiana and seemed to absorb some genuine values from her childhood. Behind all the glitz it seemed like there really was a genuinely kind, albeit wounded person.

I guess my point about her being a young mother was that, as a guy, I don't really feel comfortable dismissing her as "a stupid ho" or anything like that, because it seems somewhat sexist.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:34 am

*shrugs* I'm not going to call her a "stupid ho", becuase quite frankly I don't know the girl, nor do I care to. I was never particularily a fan of hers, and I get sick of seeing her on the news myself.

But again..when you choose to be a celebrity (which, pushed by her mother or not, she chose to stuck with it, and she obviously enjoyed performing at one point), and when you choose to make bad decisions right smack in the public light, you;'re GOING to get slammed. I'm not saying it's right or what she deserves (nobody really deserves that), but it's just fact and reality, and being a celebrity, she KNOWS this.

And yet she continues to make horribly poor decisions regarding herself and her kids.

The girl had the chance to heal after having her breakdown, and she chose to make a mess of it and leave. That shows me that despite how "messed up" she is, she obviously isn't at the point yet where she can be an adult and say "Yeah, okay, I need to fix my shit for myself and for my kids", and that's what makes me lose respect for her.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:23 am

Jeff wrote:
As for choosing to become a celebrity... yes, she did, but look at her life for a moment. She's been entertaining since she was a child (pushed by her mother), and became a national sex symbol at 17 years old. Frankly, it would be surprising if she wasn't a mess. She is a mother now and she has to get her act together because at this point it's about her kids, not her, but it seems like the whole world has lost perspective on this thing.
Maybe she was pushed into the entertainment business by her mother, but last I checked, nobody pushed her to abuse alcohol, do drugs, run around the house naked like a lunatic, or neglect her children to go party. And maybe she was pushed into the business when she was a kid, but she's a grown woman now and she can make her own choices by herself. Nobody forced her to sign the contract to become a sex symbol and continue her music career. She's a grown woman. Those were choices she made on her own.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong for the media to hound on her. I'm just saying that tabloids and news media spreading negative gossip about celebrities is not some new 21st Century invention. Dozens of other celebrities have been gossiped about in the past. Just a few months ago everyone was making fun of Paris Hilton going to jail and nobody cared. So why does Britney Spears suddenly get a free pass? What makes Britney so special that she should be treated better than other celebrities? Like I said, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but when you're a famous person and go out in public and shave off all your head, duh people are going to talk about you. That's like asking for attention right there. All I'm saying is that if Britney doesn't like the way people are talking about her, she needs to either shape up or ship out of the entertainment business. To put it simply, Britney Spears needs to get a life. Besides, when Britney Spears' personal issues start affecting her music career and she does these things in public where everyone can see, her issues aren't exactly private anymore.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:38 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:Maybe she was pushed into the entertainment business by her mother, but last I checked, nobody pushed her to abuse alcohol, do drugs, run around the house naked like a lunatic, or neglect her children to go party. And maybe she was pushed into the business when she was a kid, but she's a grown woman now and she can make her own choices by herself. Nobody forced her to sign the contract to become a sex symbol and continue her music career. She's a grown woman. Those were choices she made on her own.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong for the media to hound on her. I'm just saying that tabloids and news media spreading negative gossip about celebrities is not some new 21st Century invention. Dozens of other celebrities have been gossiped about in the past. Just a few months ago everyone was making fun of Paris Hilton going to jail and nobody cared. So why does Britney Spears suddenly get a free pass? What makes Britney so special that she should be treated better than other celebrities? Like I said, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but when you're a famous person and go out in public and shave off all your head, duh people are going to talk about you. That's like asking for attention right there. All I'm saying is that if Britney doesn't like the way people are talking about her, she needs to either shape up or ship out of the entertainment business. To put it simply, Britney Spears needs to get a life. Besides, when Britney Spears' personal issues start affecting her music career and she does these things in public where everyone can see, her issues aren't exactly private anymore.
Exactly. Well said.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:30 am

I just have to add my opinion on this.
I have been a fan of Britney since the very beginning and for the first time I'm actually scared everytime I go on any of her boards since everyday there's pictures and stories worse than the day before.

Britney knew what she was getting into, I'm sure, but I think she has gotten fame worse than everyone else. She has done stupid things the past few years but nothing to deserve 30 cars of paparazzi camping outside of her house every night. There were paparazzi after her in the beginning too but not like this, she can't get through to get some coffee since the photogs are hanging over her car.

Anyway, I feel she is going to snap any day now if she doesn't get help. She needs to reunite with her mother, get her old friends back, her old assistant and dump that new best friend she has because she obviously isn't any better herself, she needs to admit that she has a problem and check into rehab again.
There isn't any proof that she is doing drugs and that she is a horrible mother. The social service didn't see any problems with her being the mother even after her first son Sean injured his head.

Britney may not be the best mother in the world but I seriously would want her to be my mother rather than Kevin. He used drugs, left his ex-wife who was 8-month pregnent to be with Brit and has no job. He gets his income from Britney, I think he gets $20.000/month, he's a leech. He doesn't see his other two kids but because it's with Britney, he has to fight till the end.

I wish her the best and want Jive to postpone her album that is being released November 13th, new music from an artist that is going insane is not good. Though, I want them to focus on her music rather than her personal life, she simply can't handle it all.

That's my rant, sorry for my bad English but you'll get my point. :wink:

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:40 am

_Alexander_ wrote:I just have to add my opinion on this.
I have been a fan of Britney since the very beginning and for the first time I'm actually scared everytime I go on any of her boards since everyday there's pictures and stories worse than the day before.

Britney knew what she was getting into, I'm sure, but I think she has gotten fame worse than everyone else. She has done stupid things the past few years but nothing to deserve 30 cars of paparazzi camping outside of her house every night. There were paparazzi after her in the beginning too but not like this, she can't get through to get some coffee since the photogs are hanging over her car.

Anyway, I feel she is going to snap any day now if she doesn't get help. She needs to reunite with her mother, get her old friends back, her old assistant and dump that new best friend she has because she obviously isn't any better herself, she needs to admit that she has a problem and check into rehab again.
There isn't any proof that she is doing drugs and that she is a horrible mother. The social service didn't see any problems with her being the mother even after her first son Sean injured his head.

Britney may not be the best mother in the world but I seriously would want her to be my mother rather than Kevin. He used drugs, left his ex-wife who was 8-month pregnent to be with Brit and has no job. He gets his income from Britney, I think he gets $20.000/month, he's a leech. He doesn't see his other two kids but because it's with Britney, he has to fight till the end.

I wish her the best and want Jive to postpone her album that is being released November 13th, new music from an artist that is going insane is not good. Though, I want them to focus on her music rather than her personal life, she simply can't handle it all.

The only point I have to argue with you on there is about her doing drugs. They actually do have proof of that, as well as her alcoholism. When she went into rehab the first time, they did tests on her and everything, so they knew she was doing drugs. The only thing about rehab though is that they can't force her to stay there unless it's a court order.

I do agree on the point that the paparazzi should back off, but I only say that because I'm as sick of hearing about Britney and all of her problems as I am about hearing of Paris Hilton and her problems. Like Tiff said earlier, she's famous, so the chances that whatever she does doesn't get seen by the public are very slim. Part of the cause of her mental problems might be because of the media crawling up her ass 24/7, but that was still no excuse for her to act the way she was acting. The fact that she got into drugs was only one of the contributing factors (albeit one of the biggest) as to the reason she lost her kids. She's mentally unstable, and I don't believe any judge in his or her right mind would leave anyone like that in charge of small children. Federline might not be the best choice either, but until he does something to get himself in trouble, the courts will try to keep the kids with one of their parents before they consider moving to extended family.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:53 pm

_Alexander_ wrote: Anyway, I feel she is going to snap any day now if she doesn't get help.
..."going to"?

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:51 pm

jupiter23 wrote:
_Alexander_ wrote:I just have to add my opinion on this.

The only point I have to argue with you on there is about her doing drugs. They actually do have proof of that, as well as her alcoholism. When she went into rehab the first time, they did tests on her and everything, so they knew she was doing drugs. The only thing about rehab though is that they can't force her to stay there unless it's a court order.

I do agree on the point that the paparazzi should back off, but I only say that because I'm as sick of hearing about Britney and all of her problems as I am about hearing of Paris Hilton and her problems. Like Tiff said earlier, she's famous, so the chances that whatever she does doesn't get seen by the public are very slim. Part of the cause of her mental problems might be because of the media crawling up her ass 24/7, but that was still no excuse for her to act the way she was acting. The fact that she got into drugs was only one of the contributing factors (albeit one of the biggest) as to the reason she lost her kids. She's mentally unstable, and I don't believe any judge in his or her right mind would leave anyone like that in charge of small children. Federline might not be the best choice either, but until he does something to get himself in trouble, the courts will try to keep the kids with one of their parents before they consider moving to extended family.
I'm not 100% sure but I believe that the drug tests they did in rehab were negative. The rumors now are that she is into meth though. There has been so many stories about her in the tabloids in her career that it's hard to believe anything. I almost wish we could go back to the time when everyone was bitching about if she had breast implants or not becuase that was a blast in comparison what she's going through now. Believe me, I'm sick of hearing about her every day and I'm a huge fan of hers. If they could just leave her alone and let her fade away for a while. Not easy when they have photogs exclusive for Britney, even other celebrities feel sorry for her (Robbie Williams said he has to go past her house everyday and wants to kick the photogs' asses).
Why would anyone even be interested in what Britney does on her spare time? I know I don't and I only check on Britney forums too see if she is healthy or suicidal.
..."going to"?
Well, I don't think she has snapped yet post-rehab. Before when she beat a photographer up with an umbrella and damaged his car, that was when I was scared of her. Now when she is like this, I'm afraid that she may commit suicide.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:57 pm

_Alexander_ wrote:
Well, I don't think she has snapped yet post-rehab. Before when she beat a photographer up with an umbrella and damaged his car, that was when I was scared of her. Now when she is like this, I'm afraid that she may commit suicide.
...yeaaah i consider shaving your head, acting insane during a photo shoot, messing up your own performances, neglecting your kids, displayingy our crotch all over the place, and drinking/drugging it up like there's no tomorrow "snapping". The girl needs serious help becuase she's ALREADY snapped.

But time and time again she refuses it, so *shrugs* she's digging her own grave.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

_Alexander_
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by _Alexander_ » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:06 pm

Tiff wrote:
_Alexander_ wrote:
...yeaaah i consider shaving your head, acting insane during a photo shoot, messing up your own performances, neglecting your kids, displayingy our crotch all over the place, and drinking/drugging it up like there's no tomorrow "snapping". The girl needs serious help becuase she's ALREADY snapped.

But time and time again she refuses it, so *shrugs* she's digging her own grave.
Okay, Tiff, I gotta admit. I agree with you there mostly.
Messing up the performance wasn't that big of a deal. People liked the song and it's no 1 on I-tunes so the damage was very little. But the fact that she was drinking and showing up late to rehearsals combined with MTV refusing them to perform the show they were originally going to do made it bad. She could at least faked interest in the performance, at least she could had lip synched correctly.
I don't really see how she is neglecting he kids. I constantly see her carrying one of them on her arm, she is taking them on boat rides and playing with them. But of course, we don't see what is going on 24/7, although we see enough.
I am still dissappointed that she showed her crotch, first with Paris Hilton which I can't believe she hung out with and now she did it again after her performance at the VMA's. How hard is it too put som underwear on, it was gross and I hope that she never does that again. Ever.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:16 pm

_Alexander_ wrote:

I don't really see how she is neglecting he kids. I constantly see her carrying one of them on her arm, she is taking them on boat rides and playing with them. But of course, we don't see what is going on 24/7, although we see enough.
Driving straight into on-coming traffic with her kids in the backseat and running around the house naked screaming at her kids doesn't count as neglecting her children? Even if those stories are false rumors spread by the tabloids, how is Britney refusing to seek help for her drug and alcohol addictions not count as neglecting her kids? That's not exactly what I call being a good role model for her children. If that's being a good mother, what kind of message is that sending to her children? That it's ok to do drugs and abuse alcohol, go in and out of rehabs like it's some new fashion trend, go to desparate lengths to seek attention by shaving your head off in public for no reason, then turn around and whine when people start talking about you and ignore help from others for no reason at all? Britney Spears is nothing more than an attention whore trying desperately to hang onto that last fifteen minutes of fame that expired a long time ago. And when you stop and think about it, really that's what her whole "music" career has been about.