SPOILER: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Thread

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

SPOILER: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Thread

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:32 am

Since it's been a few days and most people have finished it, I'm opening this topic specifically for Deathly Hallows discussion.

THIS THREAD WILL BE FULL OF SPOILERS!!!! DO NOT EVEN VENTURE INTO THIS THREAD IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOK AND DONT WANT STUFF SPOILED.

Because of that warning and the warning in the title, spoiler tags will not be needed in this thread.

Discuss, enjoy. =D

TBA

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:35 pm

Yay! I've been waiting for this thread ^^

Ok, I thought this book was FREAKING AMAZING. Seriously, I absolutly loved it. It was a great finish to a great series.

Things I loved:
The progressing Ron/Hermione relationship. I think they're a cute couple, and when they finally kissed I though it was adorable ^^

George's very lame "holey" joke. I couldn't stop laughing, even if it was unbelievable corney :D

Dobby's death. While I hate the fact that Dobby died, I thought it was such an emotional scene, with Harry burrying him by hand and everything. Plus I bet that's how Dobby would have wanted to die, saving Harry.

The Gringotts Break-in. Come on, it doesn't get cooler than escaping on a dragon 8)

Badass!Neville. Need I say more? I think I have found my new true love <3

Snape's death/memoies. Finally, I have a reason to like Snape. I even cried one little tear for him.

Harry's "death". I like how he wasn't completly macho and brave when he was going to Voldermort. He was scared, like any normal human being would be, but he wasn't all wussy or anything.

Dumledore's past. What can I say, I love Dumbledore, so I loved finally learning more about him.

Mrs. Weasly kicking Bellatrix's ass. I was like, "Go Mrs. Weasly!" :D

And of course, that part where Harry kicks Voldy's ass into oblivion. And technically, Harry didn't even kill him. Voldermort killed himself with Harry's help. Very cool.

I even liked the little epilogue. It was cutesy, sure, but I like knowing what happens to everyone later. Like Neville becoming a professor. I laughed SO hard. :lol: But I think it's kind of creepy how Harry named his kids after his parents. What, didn't Ginny get to pick a name?

There wasn't anything I didn't really like, so I'll just say what confused me:

The whole "Master of the Elder wand" thing. O_o how did Draco become the master of the wand?? I was so confused :?

How Harry survived the killing curse. Dumbledore made it sound like because Harry sacrificed himself, he didn't die, but the part of Voldermort's soul in him did. Did I miss something, or is that right?

What happened to Luna??? I love Luna, but the epilogue didn't mention her at all :(

Wow, that's probably my longest post ever ^^ Anyway, I think it's an amazing book, for sure. Maybe even the best of the series. I cried alot, especially when it ended, because, well, it ENDED. The last Harry Potter book EVER. :cry:

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:13 pm

I liked it, it was exciting, but I was really taken aback by how many people died.....Almost all my favorite characters bit the dust and I was not happy about that.

TBG:

The reason why Draco became the master of the elder wand was because wandlore (apparently) states that the person to disarm or take the wand away from their owner is the new owner. The last person that disarmed dumbledore before he died was Draco, thus the Elder Wand's allegience went to Draco (and since Dumbledore's death was planned, it did not go to Snape). Later in Malfoy Manor, when Harry disarmed and took Malfoy's wand, the Elder Wand's allegience switched to its new master, Harry. Of course, none of them really knew wtf was going on since so much about wandlore was unclear, even to great wandmakers like Ollivander.

Also, I really liked the epilogue, but I've been reading elsewhere that people hated it. Why? >_> rabid harry potter fans, geez just ENJOY THE BOOK instead of picking it apart :(

S
P
O R
I O
L O
E M
R

RIP: Hedwig, Mad-Eye, Dobby, Fred, Tonks, Ted, Bathilda, Lupin, Snape, Sirius, Cedric, Dumbledore, James, and Lily. So many deaths, so many tears. Also, to Crabbe, Bellatrix, and Wormtail, you're dead, but I kinda liked you all in a sick twisted way. (seriously, I think i missed some deaths in there, can anyone list every major character that died?? *just remembered scrimgoer*) >_> so many dead. *just remembered Colin* >_______________>;

TBA

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:42 pm

Well... I've got to disagree a LOT with a few things... I do not think this is the best book in the series... I personally think that Goblet of Fire or Order of the Phoenix is the best... but ah well.

Parts of the book were very well-done, but parts were just... X_x;

I thought a lot of the Harry/Hermione/Ron travelling around was just... tedious. Most of it to me was just tiring in a way, because nothing's really happening. It's just getting each person depressed longer and longer.

I did like the destroying the Locket. it was actually... dark, like how the Diary was... so I don't know what happened to how they destroyed the other horcruxes. And destroying the Diadem was just... to me, well... X_x; "ZOMG Crabbe knew that kind of fire spell, LOL we win."

A lot of the scene at Hogwarts to me was... rushed, and confusing. I think with making Dumbledore know EVERYTHING was a bit far-fetched. And Harry's conversation with Dumbledore was also a bit... absurd, in a way. I don't understand how he could appear... and going off that, the ENTIRE thing with the Elder Wand made absolutely no sense. I agree, I have no. freaking. clue. how Malfoy was the one the wand chose after Dumbledore died... that made absolutely no sense. and that, to me, was anti-climactic with Voldemort's end. "LOL, I tell you how you're and idiot, and then my spell amazingly DEFLECTS yours back at you. HAHA." ... X_x;

Also, I think Harry continued to be an ass towards Ginny... the same thing in the 6th book at the end was prevalent... "You can't fight." ... lord... and I can understand how she wouldn't appear much in this book, but her personality/character wasn't really developed much... at all. X_x;
with Ron/Hermione, I thought it was more, planned out, and made more sense. I did like how his tutalige book did get ignored at the end. HA.

I was depressed there was no Quidditch, but it was kind of obvious. *shrugs*

Probably my... biggest complaint in the ENTIRE book was... Lupin. The scene in Grimualld place was... just seemed SO out of character for Lupin and Harry. How Rowling had Lupin ready to abandon Tonks seemed terrible to me... she hadn't shown anything like that in Lupin's personality in the previous books, so this was just character destruction in my eyes. She did... "redeem" him at the end, but this still just seemed pathetic to me.

That said... I think it was overall, fairly good. It's in no way her best work, but it's not terrible. A lot was a bit predictable, but some other things were very well-written.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:46 pm

I didn't hate the epilouge, but it needed more. There are lots of things I wanted to know about:

Did Harry become an auror? Was Teddy a werewolf or not?
Did Hermione remember to uncharm her parents? >_>
And other stuff.

But then, I like it when books/movies/whatever wrap up very neatly and let me know exactly what became of each character.

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:12 pm

Jo has announced that she will be releasing a Harry Potter encyclopedia with details she wasn't able to include in the main books. So i'm sure it will explain what happened to every character after the end of book 7.

Yoshmaster: I couldn't disagree with your post more. I thought everything made sense. Dumbledore's all knowingness lined up exactly with his personality with the rest of the books.

The Elder Wand choosing Harry made perfect sense to me as I explained in my previous post.

Crabbe knowing terrible black magic (that ultimately led to his demise) again, is very understandable, since he was the son of a death eater and had been being trained in it all year at Hogwarts (since Carrow was their teacher).

Voldemort's spell reflecting back at him, again, made perfect sense if you understand what was explained about wandlore in the book. Voldemort's wand (the elder wand) did not have his allegience, while Harry's wand (draco's wand) did, thus it's perfectly understandable that Harry's spell was able to deflect Voldemort's.

I also don't agree with you about Lupin. The whole book 6 had Lupin with that point of view, for those thoughts to come back isn't ruining a character, it's just human nature.

TBA

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:19 pm

I, too, thought the book was excellent, and the best of the 7. There was...really nothing I didn't like about it. (except maybe Ron being a complete asshole, but he redeemed himself for it several times).

things I adored:

Ron/Hermione. 'Nuff said.

Ginney/Harry. I don't think he was being an ass to her at all. He didn't want her hurt...it wasn't like he completely ignored her or anything. The Birthday kiss was really sad, and I love that they ended up married with kids at the end.

Mrs. Weasley. BEST. SCENE. EVER. "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH." Sweet, sweet vengeance for Bellatrix.

Snape's past. I always hoped that there was more to Snape, and that he wasn't OMGEVIL like book 6 made him out to be. His love for Lily brought me to near tears, and I'm so glad he redeemed himself in the end. his death was sad.

Dobby's death. I was surprised by how sad I found it, because he annoyed me as a char...but how Harry had to bury him and such...that was totally touching.

The epilogue. Yeah, it may have seemed cheesy and thrown on, but I liked knowing what happened to the chars. And it was nice to see Harry and Draco sort of...reach a civil understanding. I began to feel really sorry for the Malfoys as the book went on.

All in all, an excellent book.

I can't help but wonder if JK has anything planned for the kids of Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and Draco...

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:13 pm

I just finished book 7 and I loved it. Several times I found my self nearly crying.

Book Highlights:

-Learning about Dumbledore's past showing that he was human and did have major flaws.

-Learning more about Snape's past. I always figured that he wasn't evil and that Dumbledore was pleading for his death at the end of HPB. (The part in the epilogue where Harry was explaining to Albus who he was named after and that Snape was probably the bravest man he ever knew brought me to tears) I really found it interesting that he had been Lily's best friend, and "Snapes Worst Memory" was infact losing her friendship from which I interpreted.

-The duel at Hogwarts, one of the most exiting things I ever read.

I was sad about many of the deaths, particularly Mad Eye, Hedwig, Fred, and Lupin. I had really hoped that Lupin would survive till the end.

I was very angry with Tonks at the end of the book. I really felt that she should have stayed home with her kid. I know she was worried about Lupin and all, but surely she knew the risks of jumping right in the middle of a wizard war. Now Teddy has to grow up without both of his parents.

I also felt that Pettigrew's death... Well I kind of hoped for better. Since he had the silver hand and silver kills werewolves, I kind of expected him and Lupin to have some kind of encounter and possibly some sort of duel.

And for the record, Molly calling Bellatrix a bitch was just awesome. :D
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:34 pm

TBG:

The reason why Draco became the master of the elder wand was because wandlore (apparently) states that the person to disarm or take the wand away from their owner is the new owner. The last person that disarmed dumbledore before he died was Draco, thus the Elder Wand's allegience went to Draco (and since Dumbledore's death was planned, it did not go to Snape). Later in Malfoy Manor, when Harry disarmed and took Malfoy's wand, the Elder Wand's allegience switched to its new master, Harry. Of course, none of them really knew wtf was going on since so much about wandlore was unclear, even to great wandmakers like Ollivander.
Ah, it makes a bit more sense now, thanks ^^
Jo has announced that she will be releasing a Harry Potter encyclopedia with details she wasn't able to include in the main books. So i'm sure it will explain what happened to every character after the end of book 7.
Good. I want to know what happened to Luna!!
I was very angry with Tonks at the end of the book. I really felt that she should have stayed home with her kid. I know she was worried about Lupin and all, but surely she knew the risks of jumping right in the middle of a wizard war. Now Teddy has to grow up without both of his parents.
I was definitely sad that Teddy grew up as an orphan, but I think it would have been out-of-character for Tonks to just sit home with a baby while there was a war to be fought. She IS a member of the Order of the Phoenix, and it's her duty to fight.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Vagabond
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Vagabond » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:40 am

All in all, I really liked this book. Probably the best one in my opinion. Lots of surprises in this one. Dumbledore's past was brilliant. The back story behind the Gray Lady and the Bloody Baron was a thoughtful addition. Dudley Dursley being friendly to Harry was surprising. Kreacher's turnabout was something I didn't expect. I love the fleshing out of the politics of the magical world, like the goblins vs the "wand carriers." The whole Snatchers subplot reminded me a lot like the Nazi SS, which was probably intentional. Mrs. Weasley taking out Bellatrix was definitely something I didn't see coming. I was totally expecting Neville, who was a total badass in the book by the way, to kill her. Ron actually did something really useful, which is a plus.

I did not expect Harry to be a Horcrux. Yeah, the theory was floating around the Internet for a while, but I just didn't really believe it. It was good that it provided a rational explanation for why he resurrected. I totally saw the Snape/Lily love plot, although I didn't expect them to be best friends. And I totally knew all along that Snape was good. It did kind of suck that Harry did not interact with him a little more, although Snape's last words were touching.

I wished Rowling would have explained the Veil a bit more, but she did give a good hint of what it was. Remember the Hallows fairy tale? The 2nd brother's lover was separated from him "like a veil" in death. I was kind of expecting Harry to pop back out to the world of the living through the Veil or something, but Rowling's version probably makes more sense.

I still don't understand Alberfor's fascination with goats though. Can someone please explain that to me?
If you just see the leaf, you'll miss the tree;
If you just see the tree, you'll miss the forest;
To see everything, effortlessly, that is what it means to truly see.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:29 pm

I finally finished the book today and it was great I thought.

I was unhappy that lupin and tonks died, personally I would have just killed tonks and left lupin alive to raise the child. Not that I dislike Tonks, she was one of my favorite of the minor characters, I just thought it would have been more dramatic that way.

The only other thing I would have changed is when Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix I would have had her use the killing curse to do it. Like right after she yelled "BITCH" I would have had her shout Avada Kedavra and then have had belletrix go flying into a wall or something.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:17 pm

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"
woot woot! I hope they keep that line in when the movie comes out. I'm glad Bellatrix was finally put in her place.

But...JK said that in this book we would find out Dudley's worst memory, and the importance of Harry's green eyes. Did I miss these two? I kind of wondered if the latter was because of Snape and Lily, but I'm not sure....

I loved the epilogue. I like it when James is yelling, "Teddy's snogging Victoire!"
Speaking of Teddy...do you think Harry took him and raised him as his godson immediately after the events, or what...?

And finally...the last word in the book was "well", not "scar." I'm sure there are many people making a huge deal out of that. XD

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:20 pm

Yes, Harry's eye color does have to do with Snape. Snape never liked Harry because he resembled James. But the fact that Harry had Lily's eyes haunted him in a way. So in the end when he said "Look at me," He wanted to look into Lily's eyes one last time before he died.

And I think Andromeda, Teddy's grandmother, raised him. She had lost both her husband and daughter, I don't think she would have appreciated Harry taking away her grandson too. And when it happened, Harry was only 17. There was no way he could have taken care of a baby.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:38 pm

I finnished the book in 12 whole hours. ^___^ FUN!

Erm...what I liked most about the book was little Scorpius. He must be a-freaking-dorable if he looks like his father. ^_^ Squee.

I didn't like the killing off of Tonks, Remus AND Fred. ;_; The twins aren't beautiful without eachother! And Tonks and Remus! Right after they had a baby together. ;__; Sadness.

I wuved this book lots and lots ^^. Still kinda sad that there is no more. I kinda realizied that after I read the last book that, this is it. No more books (er...well...most likely no more Hp books...we'll see about that)

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by yamijounouchi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:55 am

i must admit that i was a complete and utter fag (not that there's anything wrong with it. . . .) when it came to this book, but i always am when it comes to harry potter. i was distraught when i realized that not only was not going to be able to buy it, i wouldn't even be able to check it out from the library. i was so sure that i was going to find out how it ended before i read it. imagine my surprise when it was given to me as a gift from an incredibly benevolent soul. i was literally jumping up and down and squealing. as i read, when i heard someone so much as mention harry potter, i slammed my hands to my ears and hummed as loudly as i could. but it all payed off, i managed to get to the end without it being spoiled, thank god!

anyway, this was, without a doubt, the best book of all. right from the beginning, there was so much going on. i loved the fact that there was actually a battle, not only with death eaters, but with voldemort himself before the order even got harry to the burrow. . . hedwig (teardrop).

i absolutely love the fact that there was so much to do with dumbledore's past in this one, i think this one acheived, like no other book, in making dumbledore seem human as opposed to the infallible savior that much of the wizarding community considered him. i always had the feeling that dumbledore had at least dabbled in the dark arts. it makes sense, a brilliant mind like his, it seems only natural he would have at least been a little intrigued (i'm sure someone will note that hermione was never attracted to the dark arts, this is true, however, dumbledore is on an entirely different level intellectually than even hermione).

i always figured snape had a bit of a thing for lilly. actually seeing it played out just made me pity him even more. speaking of snape, i'm enjoying a nice bit of crow for thinking that he was evil. however, i must admit, it doesn't taste so bad, this book confirmed that he is indeed one of the most complex characters in the story-- devoting his life, RISKING his life, to protect a boy that he hates with a passion because his life is the thing that the woman he loved more than anything died for, even after she chose james over him.

i disagree with the idea that this book destryed the image of lupin's character, if anything, i think that it was a great deal of development for his character. he wasn't thinking of abandonning his family for his own selfish reasons, he did it for them. on top of that, it expands on his feelings of inadequacy stemming from being regarded as a freak. he reggretted more than anything , bringing a child into this world to suffer the same treatment. even so, he knew that harry was right. he went back to face his fears, ready to be a father to his son.

i absolutely loved the descrptiveness of harry's inner monlogue after finding out that he was a horcrux. harry's despair, his longing for life, his longing to see his loved ones again, and his eventual acceptance of his own death, it was all very poigniant. i nearly cried when i read it.

during reading the book, several times, i thought to myself how strange it was that the thing was actually taking place completely outside of hogwarts. the final battle was absolutly spectacular, it just had to end at hogwarts, there was just no ohter place for it. the battle itself was the most suspensful in the entire seris, simply because of the fact that it's the last book, anyone could die. i also loved the way harry killed vodemort off in the end. voldemort's death itself was, admittedly, anti-climactic, but that really didn't bother me at all. the scene itself was so well-written that it didn't matter. the dialogue was absolutly perfect: for the first time, i really got the feeling that harry no longer feared voldemort, he knew that he wasn't going to be the one to die. i mean, he actually called him riddle! "you dare --" "yes, i dare." -- AWESOME! voldemort really didn't have to explode into a million pieces for it to be a great end.

my grievences are few, but include: the fact that there wasn't as much luna as i would have liked (i know she got plenty of face time, but she's my favorite character! i wanted more, dammit!). though it was totally badass the way that mrs. weasley took out bellatrix ("NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!"), i'd always hoped that it would be neville that finally finished her off, or at least give her a couple of good crucios, i think he deserved that right more than anyone else -- poetic justice, and all that. though i've already expressed the fact that i loved learning more about snape, i did not like the fact that he died for nothing. i mean, i knew he was going to die regarless, but i was disappointed. had he been evil, i suppose it would have taught him the lesson that voldemort is an evil, murdering bastard with absolutly no affection for anyone. but he wasn't evil, he already knew that (besides which, i really think he probably would have known that anyway, even if he was evil, i don't believe his allegience would have been with voldemort) so really he died for nothing, and that hurt. . . .

overall, a very satisfying book on many levels: neville finally proved himself, dobby defied the malfoys like never before and died an honorable death, ron and hermione finally got together (FREAKIN' FINALLY!), it contains ron's funniest line to date : "and that's the second time we've saved your life tonight, you two-faced bastard!", and harry survived the final battle to go on and finally be able to live a normal life. three cheers for jo rowling for managing to top herself once again! and of course, say a prayer for george weasley, i mean really, not only has he lost an ear, but his beloved twin brother as well, the dude must be pretty messed up right now.
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:37 pm

Well...I guess the spoilers in that Ebaum's World video ARE true...good thing I didn't watch it before I read the book. I didn't know if I should have posted this in that thread, seeing some people actually did look at it ahead of time.

Anyway...I'm actually looking forward to the movie now (in 2010!). I hope they make this film as long as possible, at least 3 hours (hey, if Titanic can do it, why not HP?!) or split it in two.
Above all, I hope they keep the "BITCH!" line in. People are actually complaining about this line. "This is a children's book!" Um, yeah, I think this stopped being a kiddie's book when people started getting murdered left and right...oh wait...
(But yeah, deaths and murders and evil people are OK, but cuss words are not.)

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:54 pm

SeiUsa wrote:Well...I guess the spoilers in that Ebaum's World video ARE true...good thing I didn't watch it before I read the book. I didn't know if I should have posted this in that thread, seeing some people actually did look at it ahead of time.

Anyway...I'm actually looking forward to the movie now (in 2010!). I hope they make this film as long as possible, at least 3 hours (hey, if Titanic can do it, why not HP?!) or split it in two.
Above all, I hope they keep the "BITCH!" line in. People are actually complaining about this line. "This is a children's book!" Um, yeah, I think this stopped being a kiddie's book when people started getting murdered left and right...oh wait...
(But yeah, deaths and murders and evil people are OK, but cuss words are not.)
The book was spoiled for me. I knew it was gonna happen, and I didn't realyl care, actually ^^;;

Oooh! I want the movie to put the "BITCH" line in too. I hope so!!! *pray* The last movie will be the best yet!!

....I just hope they keep Narcissa out of the movie. ^__^;; I don't exactly like her very much.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:08 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
....I just hope they keep Narcissa out of the movie. ^__^;; I don't exactly like her very much.
Considering that Narcissa has a pretty big part in the beginning of book/movie 6, i doubt that'll happen =P

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

yamijounouchi
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by yamijounouchi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:18 pm

wait, i forgot something: i was actually a tad bit dissappointed that we didn't find out a bit more about the department of mysteries in this book. it just seems to me like there was a bit more that could have been done with it. for one: the fact that we never actually got to find out what was ibehind the locked door of the love room. besides that, there was just so much morte that i wanted to find out about the viel --- little things like the fact that lupin instantly knew that sirius was dead when he wern t through it and the fact that nick was so sure that sirius wouldn't be able to come back in any form, to me, implied that there was more that they knew about it than was revealed in that book.
Remember the Hallows fairy tale? The 2nd brother's lover was separated from him "like a veil" in death.
that was another thing, it was at that point that i was so sure that harry would go back to the department of mysteries to investigate.
oh well, perhaps that's just anonther thing that will be reveal in the encyclopedia. <end pointless post>
"those with the least to smile about seem to be the ones that laugh the most. the lips smile, but the eyes reveal the truth." --- me

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:02 am

Tiff wrote:
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Considering that Narcissa has a pretty big part in the beginning of book/movie 6, i doubt that'll happen =P
I sadly realize that.....T___T But thou can hope, right..?!
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt