Ever met / knew a celebrity?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Ever met / knew a celebrity?

Post by SeiUsa » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:03 am

So…anybody here ever met someone famous, or knew them before their fame?
I knew Shane Lyons, an actor from the newer version of Nickelodeon’s All That, in sixth grade. [He was in my science class, dude.] He was a comedian then, too. For every project we did, he and his friends would make videos about whatever we were doing and we would crack up at every one of them. He became a star seventh grade.

Not me, actually, but just by association…my great aunt delivered Lisa Marie Presley, and as thanks, Elvis bought her a diamond watch. Really cool to think about.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:40 am

Are we allowed to mention celebrities we thought we've seen? Because I seriously think I saw Huey Lewis at Disney World, once.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:22 am

I met Michael Fishman and Dikembe Mutombo when I was younger. I have an autographed picture from Michael, and an autographed basketball from Mutumbo in my room.

*shrugs* It's my mom that has the notable list. She's met Elvis, The Beatles, John Wayne, Luciano Pavarotti, Fess Parker, KISS, and former President Ford (she was in the Army at the time). There are a couple more, I just can't remember their names. ^^;
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:15 pm

NameGoesHere wrote:I met Michael Fishman...

I wanna meet Micheal Fishman...

Sorry, big Roseanne fan over here.

Anyway, I met Linkin Park though... I was around 9 or 10 and my sister and her friends took me to their concert. One of them had won some backstage passes so we went and met them. I wish I wpuld have been older for that because it would kick so much more ass now.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:15 pm

NameGoesHere wrote:
*shrugs* It's my mom that has the notable list. She's met Elvis, The Beatles, John Wayne, Luciano Pavarotti, Fess Parker, KISS, and former President Ford (she was in the Army at the time). There are a couple more, I just can't remember their names. ^^;
Wow. Your mom is awesome. XD

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Jeff
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jeff » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:43 pm

A kid from the Nick Jr. show "Gullah Gullah Island" went to my high school. We have a lot of kid stars around here. This is like the center of the industry. Mandy Moore went to high school around here too.

I met Carrie from the Real World Chicago in a restaurant in Key West 3 or so years ago. I was with my mom when she met her crush, John Boy from The Waltons, at Logan Airport in Boston. He was on the same flight from Dallas as my dad and my mom's reaction was priceless. She gasped and literally had to support herself by holding onto the backs of the chairs.

Other than that? Umm... I've met a few old Patriots players. But that's it.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:24 pm

I met William Shatner at a Sci fi convention. Hes a great guy too.

I also met Racheal Lillis who is the voice actress for Misty and Jessie in the pokemon dub. Shes really pretty and very nice.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:54 am

Okay, this is probably pretty lame, but i got to shake Al Gore's hand when he visited my high school back in 1997. He and the governor took a picture with our honor choir after the assembly. (I was in honor choir that year) I still have it.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:57 am

T_T!!!! All of you who got to meet political figures are so frickin' LUCKY!!!!
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:17 pm

David Prowse (the guy in the Vader suit). The cast and directors of Undead. I have an autograph from Summer Glau (and I got to explain to her why there is a large M on the front cover of my Firefly boxset). I've sung at concerts with Simon Gallaher (best known these days for his performance as Frederic in 1992's Australian Pirates of Penzance). I also have autographs from Sean Astin, Wayne Grayson (Michelangelo the Ninja Turtle), Joshua Seth (Shobu's dub voice in Duel Masters) and the guy who played Gamling in ROTK.

My sister went to Middle School for a year with Tahj Mowry. Danielle Fishel went to my high school, but I arrived a little too late to see her.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:43 pm

oh I forgot I had two famous professors

Dr. Whitehurst who was a former U.S. Senator (dont remember what state)

And Dr. Allen who taught Bill Cosby and assisted in the creation of the Fat Albert cartoon.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:54 pm

I'm too uninteresting to have met a celebrity. The closest I got was sharing a hotel with Aerosmith. I have a cousin though who touched Pope John Paul II and my Grandmother's sister had lunch with FDR. She was too young to remember it though.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:12 pm

I saw Tom Cruise opening Mission Impossible III while I was staying in NYC from my 9th floor hotel window. (So that means I didn't get a good look.) That's all I've seen, so yeah...
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:46 pm

If we're listing people we've seen from a distance, then I've been 6 feet away from Pope JP II and when my older brother went to Rome was close enough to reach out and touch him if he really wanted to tangle with the Swiss guard. At WYD in Toronto, he and the group he was with got their picture taken with Cardinal Ratzinger.

Does having a younger brother who looks like Elijah Wood count?
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Tyra
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Tyra » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:17 pm

I've met all members of AFI, Simple Plan, the Kinison (except the drummer).

Vagabond
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Vagabond » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:27 am

I once met Mr. Yan from the cooking show Yan Can Cook during the taste of Chicago. I've also met with a couple of famous politicians, namely Mayor Daley from Chicago and Senator Barack Obama while he was giving a speech in the University of Chicago.
If you just see the leaf, you'll miss the tree;
If you just see the tree, you'll miss the forest;
To see everything, effortlessly, that is what it means to truly see.

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:45 pm

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...my grandma went to high school with Tom Brokaw. She gets gifts from him every now and again.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:57 pm

I've met and actually played with world famous Jazz Trombonist Bill Waltrous, actually considered to be the best in the world. Twas an awesome experience. ^__^

I've also met Monica Rial of anime voice acting goodness. Very nice and outgoing.

I've also met all members of J-rock band FLOW. They are awesome, even if each of us only speak a little of each other's language. They rocked in concert, their panel was awesome, getting to shake their hands and stuff when getting their autographs, and even seeing one of them in the elevator. ^_^

I know Kevin Costner was in FAO Schwartz in NYC during our marching band trip when we were there though I didn't meet him, others got their pictire taken with him.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:26 pm

When I was in New York about a year ago, I saw Denzel Washington and managed to get a decent picture of him. There were so many people around him that I didn't get to go up an meet him personally. It was still cool though.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

DuoTheShinigami02
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DuoTheShinigami02 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:37 am

During my stay in Fort Hood, TX, I met and received autographs from Stacy Keibler, Sable, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Jim Ross, and Lita. I have pics of the latter three. Also, the latter three weer promoting their books.
"After all these years, you know it's not about control. It's about trying to do everything I can. And for you, it's about setting an example. Everyone looks up to you. They listen to you. If you tell them to fight, they'll fight. But they need to be inspired, and let's face it, 'Superman'...the last time you really inspired anyone... was when you were dead." -- Batman, to Superman, Infinite Crisis, issue 1