Nonsense Off-Topic Madness Thread

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Well, I went to the zoo today for a class field trip, Algebra 2 in case you're wondering.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu May 01, 2008 4:05 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Well, I went to the zoo today for a class field trip, Algebra 2 in case you're wondering.
..what does the zoo have to do with algebra? o.O

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:03 pm

you know how in zoos they have information about the animal? Well for one problem we had to look up the weight and gestation of certain animals and then make a scatter plot.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon May 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Someone want to explain to me how posting photos of the office of a costume designer violates copyright laws? Someone want to explain to me how you can even copyright a costume (does this mean that cosyplay.com can be sued. ZOMG, look at this site totally raping Lucas' and Trisha Biggar's intellectual property)? If I was hawking bootlegs of costume sketches and MAKING A PROFIT I'd understand what the problem is, but somehow me posting a video/photo of a certain designer's studio and saying how nice the people were is equivalent to raping his copyrighted material.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue May 13, 2008 12:27 am

peachvampiress wrote:Someone want to explain to me how posting photos of the office of a costume designer violates copyright laws? Someone want to explain to me how you can even copyright a costume (does this mean that cosyplay.com can be sued. ZOMG, look at this site totally raping Lucas' and Trisha Biggar's intellectual property)? If I was hawking bootlegs of costume sketches and MAKING A PROFIT I'd understand what the problem is, but somehow me posting a video/photo of a certain designer's studio and saying how nice the people were is equivalent to raping his copyrighted material.
Sounds like someone really got a bug up their butts Peach, maybe they are worried cause they think someone will want to steal their uber designs. Or worst maybe they are the ones guilty of copying and dont want to be busted. People who are anal over such things are annoying either way.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue May 13, 2008 12:38 am

Senshi_of_Vision
Sounds like someone really got a bug up their butts Peach, maybe they are worried cause they think someone will want to steal their uber designs. Or worst maybe they are the ones guilty of copying and dont want to be busted. People who are anal over such things are annoying either way.
This is the douchbag who has a stick up his ass. I got to visit his studio and talk to his assistants on my trip to New York. I uploaded a few of the videos to youtube and within 24 hours got asked to take them down (WTF, does that guy vanity search his name every hour). I mean the costumes are already made and worn on broadway, so it`s not like they`re some top secret designs that aren`t released yet. I`d understand if I was making a profit in some way, but uploading the videos and pictures I took makes no sense.

They didn`t have any problem when me and twenty other girls were standing around taking photos and recording them, what the hell did they think we were going to do with the pictures?
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

michikodesu
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by michikodesu » Wed May 14, 2008 3:53 pm

Here goes another rant:

I'm a big fan of morning musume...I like their silly songs and they're very catchy too. But I think after Yossy (Yoshizawa Hitomi) graduated, the group kinda slid back a bit. I just don't think they have the personalities anymore that really stand out.

Okay, now, the one person that really does sort of "stand out" is Kusumi Koharu. I'm sorry, I've tried my best to like her and I just can't. It seems to me that she tries waaaaaay too hard to grab people's attention or to try to look cute or what have you. And don't get me started on her voice. She has got to be one of the worst singers in MoMusu, IMHO. But yet, she has her own anime show, her own singles...singles mind you, not like little side groups like Pucchimoni, Minimoni or Tanpopo, but her own little project. For some reason Tsunkun calls her a miracle.

I dunno, to each it's own I guess.

That's my random off-topic rant for the day.
GAZ: I m only thirteen levels away from finishing this game. So I either finish my game or make you wish I was never born!!

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Mon May 26, 2008 3:55 pm

I went to see Indy 4.

They need to replace Harrison Ford.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon May 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Alexclow345 wrote:I went to see Indy 4.

Is it possible to do Indiana Jones without him?
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Mon May 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:

Is it possible to do Indiana Jones without him?
I think so. I think he's too old to play Indy.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon May 26, 2008 9:55 pm

Alexclow345 wrote: I think so. I think he's too old to play Indy.
The man IS Indy. That'd be like if they did the Rambo movies and didn't use Sylvester Stallone...or Rocky without him. It just wouldn't be right.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Tue May 27, 2008 6:55 am

My inner Indy fangirl wants to eat your soul right now. >:E
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Tue May 27, 2008 7:00 am

NameGoesHere wrote:

My inner Indy fangirl wants to eat your soul right now. >:E
Take it.

I don't mind a bit.
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Tue May 27, 2008 7:05 am

Alexclow345 wrote:Take it.

I don't mind a bit.
Well, if you're gonna be like that, I'll just gnaw off your arms instead. XP
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:35 pm

I'm like 6 posts away from being The 5th rank.

Anyway, I hate Tornado sirens. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying. BEEP!
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Lightweight
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Lightweight » Sat May 31, 2008 4:44 pm

I hate Wal-Mart's computerized hiring application forms. They're slow, you know everybody has been pounding on the keys when the "T" key won't work with you, and worst of all, it won't allow you to finish if you don't give it two job references. What if, for some strange backwards reason on Earth, Wal-Mart may be your first job experience? You're screwed, plain and simple! I want to know the guy who had the brilliant idea of doing this. And don't even talk to me about the "saving paper" crap, since having that machine on all the time and consuming all that electricity (which is increasing in price everyday) cancels out whatever ecology they were trying to do.
Now listening to: Gorillaz: El Mañana

"You can teach an old dog new tricks... but you cannot teach Madonna to act."
-Yakko Warner

Officially finished watching all Sailor Moon episodes as of April 19, 2008!!!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:19 pm

Tiff wrote: The man IS Indy. That'd be like if they did the Rambo movies and didn't use Sylvester Stallone...or Rocky without him. It just wouldn't be right.
I agree Tiff. A bunch of people say that there should be a new actor for Indy, but they don't know what they're saying. The say that and then they come out of the movie with a new actor playing Indy and end up wanting good ol' Harrison Ford back. It would not be the same if Steven Speilburg picked a new actor to play Indiana Jones.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:41 pm

Lightweight wrote:I hate Wal-Mart's computerized hiring application forms. They're slow, you know everybody has been pounding on the keys when the "T" key won't work with you, and worst of all, it won't allow you to finish if you don't give it two job references. What if, for some strange backwards reason on Earth, Wal-Mart may be your first job experience? You're screwed, plain and simple! I want to know the guy who had the brilliant idea of doing this. And don't even talk to me about the "saving paper" crap, since having that machine on all the time and consuming all that electricity (which is increasing in price everyday) cancels out whatever ecology they were trying to do.
There should have been an option on there to say whether you have had previous employment experience or not. A lot of the positions at Wal-Mart are entry level-type positions, so they don't actually require previous experience. It let me continue when I put in my application almost two years ago, and I started as a cashier there.

And yes, a lot of the computer equipment for a lot of the stores is outdated. Part of the problem with the application computers is that children like to get on them and play on them (and the parents usually let them). They also don't replace stuff like that until the store is eligible for a remodel (and Home Office determines this, if I'm correct) which happens once every few years.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:46 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
Tiff wrote: The man IS Indy. That'd be like if they did the Rambo movies and didn't use Sylvester Stallone...or Rocky without him. It just wouldn't be right.
I agree Tiff. A bunch of people say that there should be a new actor for Indy, but they don't know what they're saying. The say that and then they come out of the movie with a new actor playing Indy and end up wanting good ol' Harrison Ford back. It would not be the same if Steven Speilburg picked a new actor to play Indiana Jones.
I actually hate harrison Ford as an actor. IMO, I think he needs to be replaced because I found my self paying attention to the other supporting cast more.

Indy fanboys/fangirls, don't shoot me. I'm innocent!
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 am

Alexclow345 wrote:
I actually hate harrison Ford as an actor. IMO, I think he needs to be replaced because I found my self paying attention to the other supporting cast more.

Indy fanboys/fangirls, don't shoot me. I'm innocent!
1) I cannot for the life of me imagine paying to see a movie when I hated the main actor. Seriously. That's a waste of my time and money.

2) Hollywood isn't going to replace an actor because a minority of people "don't like him." They're going to go with what makes money...and having Harrison Ford reprise as the role he's MOST FAMOUS FOR = money.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama