Potty Training!

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Potty Training!

Post by Panda » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:04 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6-KrrIbAEs%20

This anime has changed my life forever.

kingofgames
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by kingofgames » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:14 pm

That was both disturbing, and messed up,

Now I cant go to sleep
Ultimate Anime Haven
Help support and join my Anime fourm
Favorite Senshi: Sailor Venus
My most over used Quote: Venus Power Makeup!

If you would like to Talk to me about anything, PM me
I just want to make friends

Current Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon R
Current Sailor Moon Episode: 86

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:22 pm

Oh.... My...God This might disturb you[spoiler] The poop talks! Yuck![/spoiler]
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:13 am

O___O;

I clicked on this thread thinking, "Oh! A subject about potty training! Surely I can offer a teacher's perspective! =D"

....Wow, was I wrong.

Although, I gotta say...they had the right idea. It's appealing to kids, it's musical, and it's cute. The kids can easily see the baby tiger as someone to relate to, and can think, "I'm going to pee in the toilet like tiger-chan! =D" It's a pretty good idea.

.....So I guess I DID end up offering a teacher's perspective -_-;

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:32 am

Tiff wrote:O___O;

I clicked on this thread thinking, "Oh! A subject about potty training! Surely I can offer a teacher's perspective! =D"

....Wow, was I wrong.

Although, I gotta say...they had the right idea. It's appealing to kids, it's musical, and it's cute. The kids can easily see the baby tiger as someone to relate to, and can think, "I'm going to pee in the toilet like tiger-chan! =D" It's a pretty good idea.

I laughed so loud at your post...

But yes, I can totally see kids being able to relate to this also. I just think it's funny for adults (teens to... whatever...) to watch it and have a good laugh. :)

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:35 am

Panda wrote:

....Wow, was I wrong.

But yes, I can totally see kids being able to relate to this also. I just think it's funny for adults (teens to... whatever...) to watch it and have a good laugh. :)
XDD glad I could make someone laugh.

Derek and I laughed our asses off at the video. Poor guy looked horrified, and said "...JAPANESE PEOPLE..ARE SO..WEIRD."

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:36 am

Tiff wrote:
Panda wrote:

....Wow, was I wrong.

XDD glad I could make someone laugh.

Derek and I laughed our asses off at the video. Poor guy looked horrified, and said "...JAPANESE PEOPLE..ARE SO..WEIRD."

Yah, well, if you ask me that tiger looks old enough to wipe his own butt...

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:31 am

Panda wrote:

Yah, well, if you ask me that tiger looks old enough to wipe his own butt...
lmao.

You'd be surprised. A lot of kids have a hard time with that. >_>; I've had my fair share of three year olds hollering at me from inside the bathroom that they can't wipe their own butt while I stand outside and wait.

My response? "...Try."

I'm not an ass-wiper. No sir-ee.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:03 am

ZOMGZ I SAW TEH TIGER P33N!!!!11!!!! =D

...But seriously....*Regains composure* I thought it was a mixture of cute, and weird. The laughing pee and poo kinda disturbed me, though.... And I laughed at the little Japanese kid, who sat on the toilet and started grunting. xD

And was I the only one, who though the mommy tiger sounds JUST LIKE Sailor Mars??? o___O What is this, 'Sailor Mars' Lesson on Potty Traning?' xD

Awesome find, Panda!
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Musashi
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Musashi » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:46 am

I thought that was adorable. xD I think I'll get my kids to watch that. >D
My Art - My LiveJournal

Zeta from Bulbagarden. xD
>>>Lucario learns a move called "Tonbogaeri". This is a move in Judo feauturing a kick to the groin. Yes, they''ve actually made "Kick Him in the Nuts" an attack. It should SO do 150% more damage to male Pokemon. XD

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:55 pm

Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:31 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panda wrote: ‹ Select › ‹ Expand ›
Tiff wrote:
Panda wrote: Yah, well, if you ask me that tiger looks old enough to wipe his own butt...

lmao.

You'd be surprised. A lot of kids have a hard time with that. >_>; I've had my fair share of three year olds hollering at me from inside the bathroom that they can't wipe their own butt while I stand outside and wait.

My response? "...Try."

I'm not an ass-wiper. No sir-ee.
LOL! Reason 1 why I'll never bear children.

Neon Heart wrote: ZOMGZ I SAW TEH TIGER P33N!!!!11!!!! =D

...But seriously....*Regains composure* I thought it was a mixture of cute, and weird. The laughing pee and poo kinda disturbed me, though.... And I laughed at the little Japanese kid, who sat on the toilet and started grunting. xD

And was I the only one, who though the mommy tiger sounds JUST LIKE Sailor Mars??? o___O What is this, 'Sailor Mars' Lesson on Potty Traning?' xD

Awesome find, Panda!

Oh God... the real kids is HILARIOUS! Thankfully that saved this whole things from being to scary...

She does sound like Sailor Mars... :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUgv8QUQ ... ed&search=

Which reminds me... Strange kitty...

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:58 am

You saw Shimajiro learn to use a western toilet.

Now watch as he learns how to poo in public. And that you should always take care of a full bucket.

WARNING: Contains coarse language (in subs) and talkie toilets.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:35 am

Alexclow345 wrote:Oh.... My...God This might disturb you[spoiler] The poop talks! Yuck![/spoiler]
And here I thought only South Park had talking poop.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:43 am

>_>

It cracks me up to picture the voice actors singing the songs about pooping and peeing.

XD the exagerrated subtitles had me laughing, too.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:11 pm

lol I watched the video last night and laughed so hard thats a very interesting way to teach kids how to potty. I just dunno if it would work for my toddler I dont think I want him thinking he has to talk to his toliet and poo and pee lol. And I had that song stuck in my head all day the pee one lol.

And the comments left by the youtube watchers were just as funny.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:28 am

Tiff wrote:>_>

It cracks me up to picture the voice actors singing the songs about pooping and peeing.

XD the exagerrated subtitles had me laughing, too.
I recently leafed through a picture book, Potty Poo Poo Wee Wee, where a dinosaur kid does a poo, learns about the potty, shouts the title phrase (much to everyone's annoyance), does more poo, and then finally learns that he has to poo in the potty. And of course, everyone has to bring up the fact that he randomly shouted the phrase "Potty poo poo wee wee!" I don't think I ever had one of those books when I was a kid. And, though it hasn't bothered me since about the age of 5, I kinda wish I did.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:24 am

:shock: :shock:

That little boy at the end should be taught to chew his food better :?
Really? Shouldn't they be more proficient with that by age three? I wonder why that is a problem? Is it because the don't have the motive skills or dexterity yet in their little hands to...do a thorough job? :?
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:35 am

Passions55 wrote:
Really? Shouldn't they be more proficient with that by age three? I wonder why that is a problem? Is it because the don't have the motive skills or dexterity yet in their little hands to...do a thorough job? :?
That's exactly right. It's hard for them to "aim" properly while reaching behind/under them. And then once they wipe, a lot of them don't have the judgement yet of "is it completely clean?". *shrugs* it's just a part of development.

And with the little girls...a lot of parents forget to teach them to wipe front to back, so they swipe it forward, which causes 1) a mess and 2) lots of little infections.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:13 pm

Tiff wrote:That's exactly right. It's hard for them to "aim" properly while reaching behind/under them. And then once they wipe, a lot of them don't have the judgement yet of "is it completely clean?". *shrugs* it's just a part of development.
you know...now that you mention it I remember before I started preschool my mother really training me on how to "wipe properly" on my own because she said that the no one else other than me can do when I'm in school. Fortunately I don't think I ever had to go "number two" when I was at school. And I think for little girls it's easier to wipe the front than it is the back.

But what I liked about this little video was how the cartoon tiger mommy and daddy where encouraging their baby to use the potty. I think all parents should be encouraging there toddlers instead of screaming and yelling at them when they trying to potty train them. When my little sister was old enough to be potty trained, she didn't catch on as quickly as my parents had hoped and she some accidents. And I remember both my Mom and Dad yelling at my little sister when she would have accidents. :(
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:19 pm

well while i wont break out into a song I just get the spongebob toliet seat that my kid likes and whenever he climbs up on the potty himself he gets a hug and clapping. For some reason whenever he hears applause its the world to him. Positive reinforcement works much better then screaming. Yelling at a child specially over something like an accident only leads to more accidents IMO.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....