So... what's everybody reading?

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:22 pm

Somebody stole my "Eragon" book so I have to go ask if somebody had seen it.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:39 pm

I finished Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets and I'm now on The Prisoner Of Azkaban.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:46 am

Ive started reading the second Warriors series called "Warriors the new prophecy"

I really recommend these books
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:46 am

I finished reading "Eragon" and now I'm on to Book 2 of it. "Eldest". Its so far a really good book, but also a very long one too.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:56 pm

just got a copy of Batman the dark knight returns so im currently taking a fantasy reading break to read that graphic novel.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:03 pm

I’m finally reading The Chronicles of Narnia (in the big book with all the stories together in Lewis’ preferred order). I know I should read them in the preferred order, but I got so bored with “The Horse and His Boy” that I had to skip to “Prince Caspian.” o_0
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:42 pm

SeiUsa wrote:I’m finally reading The Chronicles of Narnia (in the big book with all the stories together in Lewis’ preferred order). I know I should read them in the preferred order, but I got so bored with “The Horse and His Boy” that I had to skip to “Prince Caspian.” o_0
The horse and his boy fucking SUCKS.

It literally made me lose interest, that I never picked my big book up again.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:18 pm

Tiff wrote:
SeiUsa wrote:I’m finally reading The Chronicles of Narnia (in the big book with all the stories together in Lewis’ preferred order). I know I should read them in the preferred order, but I got so bored with “The Horse and His Boy” that I had to skip to “Prince Caspian.” o_0
The horse and his boy fucking SUCKS.

It literally made me lose interest, that I never picked my big book up again.
I trudged my way through it, but I haven't finished my big book yet. I stopped reading it, and started reading The Wheel of Time series.
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:29 pm

I've recently been reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. It's a Robert Langdon novel that is supposed to take place before the Da Vinci Code incident. So far it's turning out to be very good. I know they're supposed to be making a movie about it and I hope Tom Hanks comes back to play Langdon again .
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

SMfanx1000
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by SMfanx1000 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:49 pm

I'm reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Basically it's about a totalitarian (everyone's equal) society where there are pretty people, and there are ugly people. In truth, the "uglies" are normal, and the pretties are super-pretty. A person in the society is born ugly, then gets an operation that makes them pretty at 16.
Also it is set in a futuristic society, with hoverboards and such.

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:02 pm

SMfanx1000 wrote:I'm reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Basically it's about a totalitarian (everyone's equal) society where there are pretty people, and there are ugly people. In truth, the "uglies" are normal, and the pretties are super-pretty. A person in the society is born ugly, then gets an operation that makes them pretty at 16.
Also it is set in a futuristic society, with hoverboards and such.
i've read that series. the ending to the last book is kinda werid, but i won't spoil it for you.

right now i'm going through a Jodi Picoult phase were i'm just trying to read all of her books. right now i've just started The Tenth Circle.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Tue May 01, 2007 4:17 pm

I've now started on reading Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Fri May 18, 2007 8:28 pm

Just got four more books in from the sfbc I finally broke down and joined a book club since my friends book store is closed. I got Homeland from R.A Salvatore though its in comic form so now ive got to go buy the actual novel cause I wanted it to go with the other two Drizzt books my friend got me. From what I see of the art work though im definately keeping this graphic novel cause the dark elves look so beautiful. My other three are the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and Child of Hurin, I mostly got them for my son when hes older and as collectors items I read the hobbit when I was younger. Though and I think im going to read all three books soon as im done with the Drizzts books.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun May 20, 2007 5:02 pm

I'm currently reading The Shining (Stephen King). I like it a lot so far, it's actually really different from the movie (which I still love), but it's different in a good way.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun May 27, 2007 11:06 pm

So I just finished the Shining, and it was a damn good book...but damn Hollywood for completely just MAKING UP THEIR OWN DAMN MOVIE.

NOTHING was the same! The ending was different, 100%. Scenes were added in the movie, just randomly! Important scenes were left out of the book!

It sucks in a way, because I've always adored that movie, and now I"m going to be analyzing it the next time I watch it >_>;

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sun May 27, 2007 11:19 pm

Tiff wrote:So I just finished the Shining, and it was a damn good book...but damn Hollywood for completely just MAKING UP THEIR OWN DAMN MOVIE.

NOTHING was the same! The ending was different, 100%. Scenes were added in the movie, just randomly! Important scenes were left out of the book!

It sucks in a way, because I've always adored that movie, and now I"m going to be analyzing it the next time I watch it >_>;
Yep unfortunately for me with the exception of Misery cause I loved Kathy Bates potrayl of Annie, I really cannot stand most of movies adapted from Stephen Kings works. They bastardize them so much, Children of the Corn is another one that makes me cringe as well as that awful "Stand" miniseries.

About the only book I think they could cheeze up the ending and I wouldnt care is Cell, cause that book frustrated me.

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:02 pm

I just finished reading Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. Definitely the best book in the series. :D

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:06 pm

Cardcaptor Takato wrote:I just finished reading Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. Definitely the best book in the series. :D
For sure :D

So now that I've finished the HP book, it's time for *gulp* Summer Reading Assignment *scream of terror*
Great Expectations is quite possibly the most borring book I've ever read. But it's not enough just to make us read it, oh no. I have to ANALYZE IT. Like, with journals and vocab lists and shit. Since I spent all summer procrastinating, I only have a month left, half of which I won't even be home. So I only have about 2 weeks. :shock:

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:19 pm

the*blue*girl
So now that I've finished the HP book, it's time for *gulp* Summer Reading Assignment *scream of terror*
Great Expectations is quite possibly the most borring book I've ever read. But it's not enough just to make us read it, oh no. I have to ANALYZE IT. Like, with journals and vocab lists and shit. Since I spent all summer procrastinating, I only have a month left, half of which I won't even be home. So I only have about 2 weeks.
Watch the South Park version of it. It has robot monkeys.

I just finished reading Jaws (movie>book), and now I plan on re-reading my Redwall books. I'd like to buy all the ones I missed and get caught up.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Elanorea
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Elanorea » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:29 pm

I just finished the Deathly Hallows. It wasn't really all that great, kinda meh.
I don't have anything I'm reading at the moment, though I plan to pick up the third book of the Bartimaeus trilogy sometime soon.