Movies that scared you when you were little

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:50 pm

I always loved watching Are You Afraid Of The Dark on TV

Wow Nostalgia, I haven't seen that show in yonks.

I used to be creeped out by the ghostface costume, but not anymore :D

Goosebumps used to scare me too, one particular episode where this girl and her brother are at a marsh pit and her aunt or gran tells them to stay inside. The girl goes into a forbidden room and wakes up this monster and it chases them. That used to creep the hell out of me.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Re: Movies that scared you when you were little

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun May 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Rin wrote: (Old Disney movies were scary!)

ET- I love this movie now but I used to be terrified of it.
Oh yea ET scared the crap out of me for a while. I haven't watched it for the longest time even thought I have the VHS copy of it in my basement. Heck, when I went to Orlando I was freaking scared on going on the ride, but that day we were about to, it was shut down for technical difficulties.

I agree with Old Disney movies, especially Pinnochio, the part that scared me that most of that movie was the whole whale chasing Geppto and all of them and the whale was making weird noises. I think I also recall that the kids that turned into donkeys were smoking and drinking and I think they were also whipped.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

DreamEmpress
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by DreamEmpress » Mon May 19, 2008 2:33 am

Yeah, I wasn't much into Pinocchio when I was a kid. too much of it was a bit distrubing.

When I was a kid, the room of heads in Return to Oz freaked me out. I loved that movie, that that scene was just too freaky. That and when they tried to hook Dorothy up to that shock theorpy machine.

And there's one Disney short cartoon that to this day creeps me out. The 1943 Chicken Little cartoon they did. Scares me a bit worst now that i know the war time message they were trying to send. It's stuff like that, that makes me hide under the covers till morning.

michikodesu
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by michikodesu » Tue May 20, 2008 7:44 pm

The video "Thriller" by michael jackson was scary to me to seeing zombies no matter how well they can dance will mess with a kids mind.
I looooooved "Thriller"!! I was about 5 or 6 when it came out. The funny thing was that I loved it buy my brother who is older than me was the one having nightmares about it.....yet he still wanted the jacket.

I guess I was a strange little kid because I loved scaring myself by watching Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, and Friday the 13th. I guess I found them funny and scary. But there is one movie that still gives me the chills and makes me jump even now; and that is Poltergeist!!! The clown scene in the bedroom gets me everytime. After watching that, I used to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and stand at the edge of my bed, jump as far away from the edge as I could and run down the hall to the bathroom. When I'd get back, I would stand at the door, run and try to launch my self onto my bed without standing at the edge just in case a clown tried to reach from under the bed and grab my feet.
GAZ: I m only thirteen levels away from finishing this game. So I either finish my game or make you wish I was never born!!