Movies that scared you when you were little

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Movies that scared you when you were little

Post by Rin » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:48 pm

What movies scared you when you were younger? It doesnt necessarily have to be a horror movie.

Here is mine:

Sleeping Beauty- I hardly ever watched this one when I was younger. The part where she goes upstairs to touch the spinning wheel always freaked me out. Maleficiant was also very scary and creepy. It is one of my favorite Disney movies now.

Snow White- I liked this movie but the part where she first runs into the woods scares me, and the part when the Queen turns into that old witch.

Pinochio- Kids turning into Donkeys, A man throwing Pinochio into the cage and telling he was going to become firewood. This movie still creeps me out.

(Old Disney movies were scary!)

ET- I love this movie now but I used to be terrified of it.

Never Ending Story- I hated the part where the horse sunk into the mud, and I used to cry at that part.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

#1SailorMoonFan
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by #1SailorMoonFan » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:08 pm

N/A
Last edited by #1SailorMoonFan on Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:54 pm

My mother took me to see Octopussy when it first came out (1983, so I was 4) and it scared me so much I made her walk out--who takes a four-year-old to see James Bond?

Also The Terminator. I watched the first 5 minutes only and still had nightmares.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:15 pm

- Killer Clowns from Outerspace ( It scarred me. I don't remember why I watched it. I hate clowns.)
- Poltergiest
- Stephen King's IT

The last two are my favorite movies now, but the first ... I - I just can't bring myself up to watch it. X_x
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:42 pm

Can we included things from T.V. to?

As for movies, hmmmm. Let's try and find a memory that isn't repressed.

Arachnaphobia. When they open the casket of the first victim. The dried up green corpse scared the Hell out of me. Now I think it's pretty meh.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The scene where Raphel get's his ass handed to him by a couple dozen foot soliders. Didn't scare me so much as make me freak out and cry (Raph was always my favorite). I wouldn't watch that movie for the longest time because of that scene.

When I was about nine or ten I was flipping through channels and came across this movie which I recently learned was Wes Craven's "Deadly Friend". This girl is abused by her father and gets killed by him and her friend somehow puts this chip in her brain that keeps her alive, but she goes psycho and confronts her father, breaks his hand and presses him against this piping hot heater. Her friend comes to find her later and sees that her father is now a dead melted skeleton. Yes it did disturb me. And this was a movie being aired at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon on FOX.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Jewel_Chan72
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Jewel_Chan72 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:45 pm

ET and Edward Scissorhands

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:50 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Arachnaphobia. When they open the casket of the first victim. The dried up green corpse scared the Hell out of me. Now I think it's pretty meh.
My brother watched this movie when he we like 2, and now he's forever scared of spiders.

For me, it was always those cheesy vampire movies, and I'd be afraid that I'd be attacked by a vampire in the night. XD
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:50 pm

Arachnaphobia...ick, the close-up of the spider's eyes was enough to get me. And when it jumped out of the fire.
CUJO!!!!! It was Beethoven gone psycho!
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:02 pm

you guys are going to laugh at me for this but the movie "Pee Wee's big adventure" scared the crap out of me.

This was long before all that sex scandle stuff happened.

The scene with Large Marge in the truck scared me so bad I ran out of the room crying.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Pseudonym
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Pseudonym » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:18 am

For me its gotta be Banbi, The bit where there's the fire and their running away and the bit where bambis mother gets shot.

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:02 am

Oh man... Helter Skelter used to scare the bejeezuz out of me, when I was little. No idea why, but it just would. I haven't seen it in YEARS, but I'm almost too afraid to begin to attempt to watch it. u_u;
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:39 am

The only one I can remember clearly is some corny 80s horror movie about mutants living in the sewer. I think it was called CHUD or something? Dear lord, the ending scared me. =P Oh, and They Live... but that's so camp you gotta love it now. ;)

And of course if we're counting TV, the X-Files always scared me, but I watched it anyway because I loved it. XD

Arachophobia is a movie I haven't seen because I have avoided it all my life, always having been extremely afraid of spiders. But it loooks like it would make me even more so. x_x
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:49 am

Aracnophobia, to this day, proceeds to scare the unholy [insert naughty word here] outta me. Mostly, like Sylph said, it comes from a fear of spiders. But I was unlucky enough to catch the very end of that Godforsaken movie, on the Fox network one night.... Yuck. NEVER AGAIN!!! >_<
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Cardcaptor Takato
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Cardcaptor Takato » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:45 am

One movie that used to scare me as a kid was Batman. The Joker used to give me nightmares. My sister said that Return To Oz used to scare me as a kid but I don't remember ever being scared by it. I also used to be scared of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? for some reason but I don't remember why. For TV shows, I was always scared of Goosebumps and I would always change the channel the moment it was on TV. Though oddly, I always loved watching Are You Afraid Of The Dark on TV but I remember being scared to death by this one episode. I think it was "The Tale Of The 13th Floor" but I can't remember if that was the name of it or not. The Rocko's Modern Life Halloween special use to always weird me out and the Simspons' Halloween special where their skin went "inside out" used to scare me, but now it doesn't bother me anymore and it's in fact one of my favorite episodes now. And the commercials for The Nightmare Before Christmas used to scare me. ^^;;
"If we can''t comprehend the plan at hand, how could a higher plan make any more sense? I'd say you can only be a martyr if you know what you are dying for, and choose it"-Elphaba

"Those who made mistakes blame themselves and close their hearts. It's impossible to fix a mistake. Man can't return to the past. That's why we drink. Drunks, lushes, sliding alcohol down their throats to dilute the memories that can't be denied.-Vash The Stampede"

DragonMasterZero
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by DragonMasterZero » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:56 am

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, specifically the abominable snowman, he scared me so much when I was little that I would change the channel around the time they started talking about him.

Some episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark scared me to, mainly the one with the freaky red pool monster guy.
Favorite Senshi: Saturn and Jupiter
If I had a Henshin phrase it would be: Dragon Master Power! Armor Up!

A shrine without girls is like Miso Soup without the Miso - Grandpa Hino
The human body can be drained of blood in 8 seconds given adequate vaccuuming systems - River - Firefly

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:01 am

Arachnophobia did scare me when I first saw it. I have no idea how young I was, but that dried up corpse got me, too. For a couple of years after, I thought spiders could actually do that.

I saw it again a couple of months ago, and I laughed through the whole ending.

This is going to sound really lame, but Mars Attacks scared the hell out of me when I was younger. Seriously. I developed this major fear of aliens because of it, and afterwards, even cartoon aliens scared me. Even though my fear has subsided for the most part, I still have the occasional Gray nightmare... -_-;
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Mad Hatteress Belial
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Mad Hatteress Belial » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:11 am

To this day, sudden movements or loud noises scare me (especially if they're coming from behind me), so the part in the Brave Little Toaster when Kirby backs up to jump off the waterfall used to startle me because there was such a long pause before he did it.

Because I was so sheltered, I have no idea how I saw it, but Nightmare on Elmstreet scared me really badly. Now it isn't the movie that scares me, but the true story behind it how some kids died in their sleep for no apparent reason.
STAGE OUT!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:27 am

My parents rented Fire in the Sky when I was around 13...it's a movie supposedly based on a true story about this guy who was abducted by aliens and they did all sorts of scary ass stuff to him. He comes back and is traumatized (they find him curled up naked in a forest, freaking out).

That movie scared the shit out of me. It wasn't cheesy in the slightest, and seemed so damn realistic. There's one scene from the guy's perspective where he's being dragged down the hall of the ship, and they strap him down and this horrendous spinning needle comes toward his eye. *shudders* I have never been able to watch that movie again, and anytime I have dreams abuot aliens, I get really scared.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:41 am

Tiff wrote:My parents rented Fire in the Sky when I was around 13...it's a movie supposedly based on a true story about this guy who was abducted by aliens and they did all sorts of scary ass stuff to him. He comes back and is traumatized (they find him curled up naked in a forest, freaking out).

That movie scared the shit out of me. It wasn't cheesy in the slightest, and seemed so damn realistic. There's one scene from the guy's perspective where he's being dragged down the hall of the ship, and they strap him down and this horrendous spinning needle comes toward his eye. *shudders* I have never been able to watch that movie again, and anytime I have dreams abuot aliens, I get really scared.
Now that sounds like something I would enjoy. I love freaky alien scary sci-fi stuff (hence my X-Files fandom. =P)

Maybe I'll have to rent it. ;) Other than that it scared you, do you remember if it was it any good?
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:45 am

Sylphiel wrote:
Now that sounds like something I would enjoy. I love freaky alien scary sci-fi stuff (hence my X-Files fandom. =P)

Maybe I'll have to rent it. ;) Other than that it scared you, do you remember if it was it any good?
*Nods* It was a very good move, very well-done. That's part of why it scared me so bad...everything was done really creepy realistic-like. I think you'd enjoy it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~