Movies you've seen recently

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:32 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Okay, I watched Pinnochio last night for the first time in years (got the special edition DVD) and I forgot how scary and intense some of the scenes were like [spoiler]The donkey scene- where his "friend" turns into a donkey and goes completely insane, where Stromboli (the evil puppeteer) throws Pinnochio and locks him up in a cage. Oh and let's not forget the infamous Monstro the whale scene.[/spoiler] I couldn't sleep well last night.

Well, I don't know if you're interested, but if you're curious...

These guys are to blame on the cage scene.

And these guys are to blame on the infamous Donkey scene.

And you can blame these guys for pretty much anything with Monstro. (scroll down a little)

There, the more you know! 8)

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Chase Man! wrote:
AnimatedEvey12 wrote:Okay, I watched Pinnochio last night for the first time in years (got the special edition DVD) and I forgot how scary and intense some of the scenes were like [spoiler]The donkey scene- where his "friend" turns into a donkey and goes completely insane, where Stromboli (the evil puppeteer) throws Pinnochio and locks him up in a cage. Oh and let's not forget the infamous Monstro the whale scene.[/spoiler] I couldn't sleep well last night.

And you can blame these guys for pretty much anything with Monstro. (scroll down a little)

I'm going to follow this blog, because I am also interested in animation.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:02 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
Chase Man! wrote:

I'm going to follow this blog, because I am also interested in animation.

HOORAY! I have made someone more aware of animation!

Oh, and if you have any questions, let me know. I'm all ears.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:58 am

Not Quite Human

Today we're going to touch on the age-old subject of the Ridiculously Human Robot. These are technological creations designed, for whatever reason, to ape human behaviour, display insane amounts of curiosity, and learn precisely what it means to be human.

Chip is one such robot. And I'm going to dispense with the lecture style here.

Alan Thicke plays Jonas Carson, a genius inventor who has programmed a regular old TV to be able to communicate with his daughter Becky (Robyn Elaine Lively). His latest invention, Chip (Jay Underwood) is the aforementioned robot, the product of his lifelong dream. Unfortunately, Jonas is actually contracted to build a prototype toy for toy tycoon Gordon Vogel (Joseph Bologna), who profits off war toys. Vogel and his subordinate Derks (Robert Harper) quickly deduce Chip's true nature, and, using Jonas' unfulfilled contract as an excuse, conspire to reprogram Chip as a soldier robot.

For those who don't know, this was a Disney Channel Premiere Film, based on a book series by Seth McEvoy. As such, it is trite, clichéd and utterly harmless. Underwood probably comes off the best (having previously dazzled as the autistic Eric Gibb in The Boy Who Could Fly) and the rest give it their all, but the material isn't exactly Oscar-worthy. Might entertain some kids, though.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:20 pm

Saw the second Death Note live action movie, and like the first I enjoyed it.
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Joshua

Pretty damn good movie. That little boy is one messed up kid.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:19 pm

Nobody Knows (it's Japanese). It was good but at the same time depressing since this was based on a true story about [spoiler]four kids who were abandoned by their mother and only the eldest son is able to go and do the shopping. None of them went to school, according to the mother all four had different fathers and in the end one of them dies and the kids had to bury her. The true story that was based on that was similar, although in the movie they don't really explain how the girl dies, they just show a scene of her getting something on her tippy toes on a chair and one can assume she fell down. In real life, the girl fell and probably died of malnutrition. And in the real story the mother of the kids turns herself in and gets sent to jail.[/spoiler] Read more about the real story here, unfortunately I couldn't find more info on this story.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:51 pm

I went to see Knowing and Monsters Vs. Aliens two days ago.

Knowing was awesome (and I <3 Nicolas Cage!). It wasn't what I expected though. I thought it was going to be a sweet cipher/code kinda thing, but it was all supernatural and creepy. I loved it though. [spoiler] The plane crash was great, but I hated the aftermath of it. It was too much for me and made me squirm. Also the beginning was really odd and the aliens were major creepers. I liked them though.[/spoiler] The ending is kinda hard to guess, but I got it anyway. You just have to pay attention.

Monsters Vs. Aliens was...predictable. There were a couple funny parts though, and Hugh Laurie is just plain nifty. [spoiler] My favorite parts were where B.O.B. was flirting with the jell-o and where Dr. Cockcroach says "There's one thing you don't know about me, my dear. My Ph.D. is in...DANCE! I just thought that was so cool. I wish it was possible to get a Ph.D. in dance... anyway I loved just about everything Hugh Laurie said...because he is my baby![/spoiler]
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:44 am

Only the Strong

A green beret capoeiristo (Mark Dacascos) becomes mestre to a bunch of juvenile delinquents, while cleaning up the town's criminal factor. It's notable for being the only feature-length movie to feature capoeira throughout, and while the art itself is graceful, there's little else to really recommend the movie,
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.