Movies you've seen recently

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:37 am

Blindness-It wasn't as bad as everyone said it was but it was confusing at the end.
Waltz with Bashir-I hated this film, maybe it's because I hate war films but it just dragged.
Bad Santa-Saw this over Christmas and thought it was hilarious.
Howl's Moving Castle-Now one of my favourite studio Ghibli films.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:30 pm

I went to see Marley & Me the other day...I cried, and I NEVER cry. I <3ed it to the extreme.
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:53 am

I saw a movie last night called Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter :shock:

I cringed, and then I cringed harder, it was quite painful to watch, and my PS3 is forever tainted :cry:
There Shall Come One After Me
And From Death’s Icy Grip
She Shall Bring Light Upon The World Once More
And Placed Upon A Crystal Throne
Her Light Shall Shine Forever More
-Rise of Crystal Tokyo 1st Prophecy

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”
-Rei to Michiru, Long Way Down by RadiantBeam

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."
-Bill Joel, Only The Good Die Young

Words of Advice:
1. Always remember you are normal, it everyone else that "weird".
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Jamesares wrote:I saw a movie last night called Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter :shock:

I cringed, and then I cringed harder, it was quite painful to watch, and my PS3 is forever tainted :cry:
Wow....that's......wow..... :shock:
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:58 pm

I saw a movie last night called Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

I cringed, and then I cringed harder, it was quite painful to watch, and my PS3 is forever tainted
Just saw the trailer.

Holy cow...was that...was that serious? It looked like a student film, a BAD student film. And did you see the size of those stakes!? Freaking huge!!!

My only consolation is that this film isn't serious (I sincerely hope).

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:

I cringed, and then I cringed harder, it was quite painful to watch, and my PS3 is forever tainted
Just saw the trailer.

Holy cow...was that...was that serious? It looked like a student film, a BAD student film. And did you see the size of those stakes!? Freaking huge!!!

Me and the group I watched it with think it was probably a student film made during the early to mid 90s

“Oh, yes, I can just see it now. I’ll tell the others how I tried to talk you out of this like a reasonable, responsible friend, and you threw a Deep Submerge at me.”

"I rather laugh with the Sinners than cry with the Saints, the Sinners are much more fun."

Words of Advice:
2. Remember Ferengi Rules of Acquisition #76: Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
3. Jack may be nimble and Jack may be quick, but he still burned his a** on the candlestick.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Jamesares wrote:
Iced_Cappucino wrote:

Just saw the trailer.

Me and the group I watched it with think it was probably a student film made during the early to mid 90s
That explains it then XD

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:07 pm

I saw Slumdog Millionaire last night and Milk today. They were both extremely good and I highly recommend them.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:41 pm

I saw Twilight and I wanted to kill myself. [spoiler]So overall the plot was somewhat true to the book. But the two things that made me want to kill myself was terrible acting and the fucking score! It sounds like cheesy "I'm going to high school" score, almost as if the company stole the score from Disney Channel Original Movies. [/spoiler]

I just came back from seeing Slumdog Millionaire and that was awesome, the score is ten thousand times better than Twilight and it's catchy too.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:44 pm

I just got back from seeing Coraline and I really liked it. Nice story, a good soundtrack, and amazing visuals. I wanted to see this for a while, and rushed once I saw this was the last week to see it in 3-D. It's amazing in 3-D and I'm very glad to have seen it that way while I still could.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:10 pm

I saw coraline on friday and can't really explain it.... It was Definatley weird but I dunno.

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Saw midnight premire of Watchmen. At last, a movie that does the book justice! I highly reccomend it. I don't even care that I only got 3 hours of sleep :D

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Diagnosed
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Diagnosed » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:44 pm

Ooo midnight premier eh? Like the excitement, but loath the lines. Did you manage to get a decent seat? I'm sooo excited to see Watchmen! Just gotta wait till my poor fiance is back to good health :(. (He's got bronchitis... I have no clue how I haven't gotten it XD.) Anyways, I just finished reading the graphic novel, so all the details are still fresh in my mind hehe. I just hope that the movie does the same amazing job at getting across the "holy ****, we are all tiny ANTS in this world!" feeling :D. Loved that.

Oh, and this Coraline movie sounds intriguing. I actually didn't hear of it before you guys mentioned it. I'm rather attracted to the idea. It gives me that same feeling that Mirror Mask did hehe. Have you guys seen that one?
"No matter how hard the fight, never give up!" -Sailor Venus

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:28 pm

I saw Taken last night. It was really good! The action never stopped, and I really sympathized with the main character. Oh, and my favorite part is [spoiler]right after this dude named Peter thinks he got away, he gets hit by a truck! It was so unexpected.[/spoiler]
The Music of the Night and Tuxedo Mirage are what keep me from going completely INSANE! (right...)

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:45 am

Barney's Great Adventure: I just watched this and, surprisingly, did not develop an urge to purge. For what it is (and I wasn't expecting much) it's actually kinda enjoyable.

The story places the (admittedly rather disturbing) purple dinosaur in with three kids, the oldest of whom has (as is par for the course in these movies) grown out of his big "imagine and anything is possible" phase. Barney appears to him as well, and encourages him to wish upon a star. That star turns out to be a large, exceptionally durable egg that adds coloured rings the closer it gets to hatching. The quartet take the egg to Miss Goldfinch, who declares it to be a dream-making egg that has to hatch in the barn where it was found. But then the newly-imaginative kid accidentally knocks the egg into a birdseed barrel, and the gang must run through a heck of a lot of places (a parade, restaurant, circus and balloon display) to get it back. There's also minor appearances by Baby Bop and BJ (who, after only ten minutes of exposure, I really fucking hate).

Admittedly, the visuals--save for Miss Goldfinch's Tim Burton-esque house--are rather drab. And the songs are cloying, plus there's a special effect that threatens to ruin the setting of the film. Oh, and the three dinosaurs are disturbing. And as for the finale, it has to be seen to be disbelieved. But--and I never ever thought I'd be saying this (or, for that matter, writing it down)--I actually almost warmed to the big guy. While I'm not saying it's perfect for kids (Sesame Street is a whole lot more challenging), they'll certainly be clapping along to If You're Happy And You Know It. And imagining the most awesome log ride ever when Barney asks them to (they won't be too far off, actually). And they certainly won't be annoyed when Baby Bop pops out of nowhere and asks them to help look for her blanket (although, unlike in Blue's Clues and The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, nothing prompts them to use their eyes).

But when you have them singing "I Love You, You Love Me", then it just gets silly.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Chase Man!
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Chase Man! » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:17 pm

Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:Barney's Great Adventure: I just watched this and, surprisingly, did not develop an urge to purge. For what it is (and I wasn't expecting much) it's actually kinda enjoyable.

The story places the (admittedly rather disturbing) purple dinosaur in with three kids, the oldest of whom has (as is par for the course in these movies) grown out of his big "imagine and anything is possible" phase. Barney appears to him as well, and encourages him to wish upon a star. That star turns out to be a large, exceptionally durable egg that adds coloured rings the closer it gets to hatching. The quartet take the egg to Miss Goldfinch, who declares it to be a dream-making egg that has to hatch in the barn where it was found. But then the newly-imaginative kid accidentally knocks the egg into a birdseed barrel, and the gang must run through a heck of a lot of places (a parade, restaurant, circus and balloon display) to get it back. There's also minor appearances by Baby Bop and BJ (who, after only ten minutes of exposure, I really fucking hate).

Admittedly, the visuals--save for Miss Goldfinch's Tim Burton-esque house--are rather drab. And the songs are cloying, plus there's a special effect that threatens to ruin the setting of the film. Oh, and the three dinosaurs are disturbing. And as for the finale, it has to be seen to be disbelieved. But--and I never ever thought I'd be saying this (or, for that matter, writing it down)--I actually almost warmed to the big guy. While I'm not saying it's perfect for kids (Sesame Street is a whole lot more challenging), they'll certainly be clapping along to If You're Happy And You Know It. And imagining the most awesome log ride ever when Barney asks them to (they won't be too far off, actually). And they certainly won't be annoyed when Baby Bop pops out of nowhere and asks them to help look for her blanket (although, unlike in Blue's Clues and The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, nothing prompts them to use their eyes).

But when you have them singing "I Love You, You Love Me", then it just gets silly.
You know, first off, Elmo In Grounchland wasn't bad. At least that gave Elmo some character development and had some catchy songs.

Also, ugh, you just HAD to bring the movie back in my mind, did ya? You know, pretty much the only thing I remember clearly was the song that began the movie. And that they choose a rather unknown company to distribute the movie. Other than that, I really can't remember this movie clearly... at all.

And wait a minute, was the Barney in this movie a completely different one? From what I remembered, Barney was with schoolkids, not two girls and one pre-teen (and honestly, I don't blame his behavior in the beginning,).

Yeah, not really a good "preschool character turned into a movie" movie. even as a 6 year old or something kid, I wasn't super hyper about it.

Uh oh, went off there. Well, for my contribution, it's a movie I think that still holds up, "Follow That Bird". Yeah yeah, I know it's a Sesame Street movie, but I must say, as a fan of the show, and speaking from a film fan. I truly think this is one of the highlights of the whole show, and if you haven't seen the show in a while (and if you ignore that this film have puppets and not aimed for you guys), it a pretty fun movie in it's own right. Not only is the movie fun, you got well developed characters, very fun songs, guest stars that fit and had fun with it, a decent plot, pulls your heartstrings and tickle your funnybone, and besides, can't go wrong with the Muppets!

Check it out guys! I don't think you won't be disappointed. If not, there's always a certain bun to make an entertaining plot summary for ya!

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:58 am

Chase Man! wrote:
Jusenkyo no Pikachu wrote:Barney's Great Adventure: I just watched this and, surprisingly, did not develop an urge to purge. For what it is (and I wasn't expecting much) it's actually kinda enjoyable.

You know, first off, Elmo In Grounchland wasn't bad. At least that gave Elmo some character development and had some catchy songs.

Also, ugh, you just HAD to bring the movie back in my mind, did ya? You know, pretty much the only thing I remember clearly was the song that began the movie. And that they choose a rather unknown company to distribute the movie. Other than that, I really can't remember this movie clearly... at all.

And wait a minute, was the Barney in this movie a completely different one? From what I remembered, Barney was with schoolkids, not two girls and one pre-teen (and honestly, I don't blame his behavior in the beginning,).

Yeah, not really a good "preschool character turned into a movie" movie. even as a 6 year old or something kid, I wasn't super hyper about it.
Here you go.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Jamesares
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Jamesares » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:42 am

I saw the live action Death Note movie last night, and for the most it was very good, except for a few parts it largely stuck the events of the anime.

Words of Advice:

Aishiteru
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Aishiteru » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:20 pm

I remember this movie! I used to love it, and I thought the alien creature was really....well cute and creepy at the same time. I hated the Barney TV show as a kid, but I loved this movie almost as much as my Disney ones. (Of course I was a very odd child...my favorite movies were The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Sleepless in Seattle.)

If all the raindrops were lemondrops and gumdrops, oh what a rain that would be!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:23 pm

Okay, I watched Pinnochio last night for the first time in years (got the special edition DVD) and I forgot how scary and intense some of the scenes were like [spoiler]The donkey scene- where his "friend" turns into a donkey and goes completely insane, where Stromboli (the evil puppeteer) throws Pinnochio and locks him up in a cage. Oh and let's not forget the infamous Monstro the whale scene.[/spoiler] I couldn't sleep well last night.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!