Movies you've seen recently

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:12 am

Tiff wrote:Also..o.O "oh noes, my sister is a whore and my mom cusses, so I are to be killing someone"? wow. Fail. Most least dysfunctional family EVER.
A serial killer? Scary.
A serial killer who is recovering from a shit home life? Pathetic.

Last film I saw was George and the Dragon. This time around, the Dragon is friendly. It turns out that Patrick Swayze has been putting Baby in the corner, so Baby (aka Princess Lunna, played by Piper Perabo) has gone walkabout. The quest to find her befalls George (James Purefoy) and Garth (Swayze). George is pure-hearted, while Garth is an arse. And what has Lunna been doing? She's been looking after a dragon and her egg.

Meanwhile, George's Moor friend Tarik (Michael Clarke Duncan) has gone to study under the celebrated mercenary El Cabillo (Val Kilmer).

It's surprisingly good-natured fun.
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:22 am

I saw fargo for the second time last night and I felt the same way about it that I did the first time seeing it.

I felt this

Quote: How did this godawful movie even get nominated for awards let alone win them?

I know a lot of people love this movie, but Im sorry I dont get it.
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:46 am

Sailormars Obsessed fan wrote:I saw fargo for the second time last night and I felt the same way about it that I did the first time seeing it.

I felt this

Quote: How did this godawful movie even get nominated for awards let alone win them?

I know a lot of people love this movie, but Im sorry I dont get it.
You're not alone. I hated that movie.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:15 am

Tiff and I went and saw Enchanted last night. It was a really cute movie. I recommend it. ^^
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:55 pm

Goodfellas
I don't usually enjoy gangster films but this one was very good. Some parts were funny whilst others were very intense and suspensful.

Lion King
:cry: everytime I see this film it makes me cry, Disney are quite twisted really.

Dead man's shoes
I was really skeptical about this but I shocked myself when it turned out that I liked it. For those of you have never seen a Shane meadows film, I urge you to do so, he is very talented and his films are original.

P.S Tiff you're not the only one who likes Batman Forever :wink:
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:56 am

Joe and I saw Golden Compass last night, and I really liked it. Dunno why it got pretty poor reviews o.O

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:59 am

Nearly everything gets given bad reviews though, nowadays critics hate everything.

EDIT: I watched Nightmare before christams today :D

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:58 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, AND MY PET TURTLE!

*slaps Turtle* BAD TURTLE! NO DESTROYING NEW YORK CITY! BAD, BAD BOY!

.....Yes, I saw Cloverfield. No, Its not a Turtle, but I named him Turtle, so I didn't have a nervous breakdown halfway through the movie (But I did anyway during the end)

If you get motion sick? Don't see this movie? Scared of Spiders? Don't see it.

I am scared spiders, explosions, eye pain, and New York city now. Thanks J.J Abrams.

All in all, A-. I don't get motion sick, and I felt bad.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:43 am

I can't wait for Cloverfield to be released here in the UK. I've been waiting for it for a long time.

Yesterday I rented, Snakes *Dramatic pause* On A Plane. I couldn't resist, it seemed too good to ignore. On one hand it's a cheesy film with the strangest title ever but on the other hand, I would watch it again.

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:37 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:I can't wait for Cloverfield to be released here in the UK. I've been waiting for it for a long time.
Yeah, I heard it doesn't come out untill Feb. 1st. D= I've been waiting for this since Transformers, and I concider it J.J Abrams birthday present to me (Since yesterday was my birthday)

@[email protected] However, I don't get motion sick, and I felt really nauseous.

And a couple scene really make you go "Ick ;_; "

[spoiler]Like when that one girl, who got bitten by a spider...thing, bleeds from the eyes, nose, and mouth, swells up and EXPLODES![/spoiler]

[spoiler]And, when Beth (who I hate), is in her apartment, impaled in the shoulder with a pole, and they go into her TILTING apartment just to save her, and lift her off the pole[/spoiler]
Those made me go ick.
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:43 pm

I saw Cloverfield last night and I thought it was ok. It's one of those movies that you only see once.

The constant jerkiness of the camera gave me a headache. I also found it annoying that there was probably more footage of the ground than of the actual monster.

The characters were extremely stupid. Half the time the time when they would do something I felt like screaming at the screen.

[spoiler]Though it was believable that Rob would go to find his girlfriend, I find it hard to believe that the other three would willingly follow even though they had to walk TOWARDS the monster and the destruction. I would have expected them to follow the crowd out of Manhatten. Especially since it was more likely that Beth was dead.[/spoiler]

Most of the time I found myself rooting for the monster.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:15 am

I wateched Sweeney Todd and I am legend recently.

Sweeney Todd is yet another masterpiece from one of my favourite directors and I am Legend (I've never read the book) was also enjoyable. It would be awful to be the last person on Earth. And I cried when:

[spoiler]His pet dog Sammantha was bitten by the infected dogs whilst protecting Robert and, becoming infected, Robert had to strangle her in his own arms.[/spoiler]

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:18 pm

Rin wrote:I saw Cloverfield last night and I thought it was ok. It's one of those movies that you only see once.

The constant jerkiness of the camera gave me a headache. I also found it annoying that there was probably more footage of the ground than of the actual monster.

The characters were extremely stupid. Half the time the time when they would do something I felt like screaming at the screen.

[spoiler]Though it was believable that Rob would go to find his girlfriend, I find it hard to believe that the other three would willingly follow even though they had to walk TOWARDS the monster and the destruction. I would have expected them to follow the crowd out of Manhatten. Especially since it was more likely that Beth was dead.[/spoiler]

Most of the time I found myself rooting for the monster.
Totally agree. I would never do that, no matter who I would be saving. I value my life. (AND DOOOOOD! SHE WAS UP SOOO HIGH!!!!!)

Well, when I walked in, there where warning signs all over the posters about motion sickness and such, and the filming and such made it more interesting than a normal camera. I felt like I was actually there, instead of watching a movie..

[spoiler]Even if I was Rob, I'd be just like "Fuck Beth, she came with another man". WHO SAVES SOMEONE AFTER THAT!!! NO REALLY, WHO???[/spoiler]

...Isn't it obvious I hate Beth?
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:08 pm

Yesterday I went to see Jumper. Pretty cool and it would be great to be able to teleport. I had no idea Griffon was the guy from Billy Eliiot.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:34 pm

Hey I'm new here.

The last movie I saw in theaters was:
10,000 B.C.
Well, honestly for me it sucked and I thought it was a somewhat rip off of Apocalypto minus the foreign language. So I say avoid this movie, I was really excited to go see it but in the end I was extremely disappointed.

The last movie I rented was:
No Country For Old Men
I love this movie, this has to be one of my favorites. Unless if you don't like movies with no happy ending, then don't bother seeing it. (My mother did not like it because it had no happy ending and my sister saw it and she was scared and she also did not like it because she's not a fan of violent movies. While I am the exact opposite.)
Last edited by AnimatedEvey12 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

HighC
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by HighC » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:38 pm

Juno

Funny movie really but there was some dumb slang used a few times and it reminded me of Cloverway.

wink568
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by wink568 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am

I watch a lot of movies. Heh, if I posted every time I saw a new movie I liked, it'd go on forever.

Right now I'm trying to watch every movie on IMDBs top 250 list.

I suppose the most memorable movies I've seen as of late would be Osama. It's a film about a little girl and her mother in Afghanstan. Her father is dead, and women aren't allowed to be in public with out a man, so she has to disguise herself as a boy so that she and her mother can actually get food and work, and survive.

Another movie that struck me was Life is Beautiful. It's an Italian movie with subtitles. I'm not ruining anything by saying this, as it is the movie summary posted on IMDB. "A Jewish man has a wonderful romance with the help of his humour, but must use that same quality to protect his son in a Nazi death camp." The worst part is that I didn't know what it was about when I started watching it, and the first half was so funny, and I thought it was just a comedy. I didn't realize the darker side of it at first. It caught me off guard, but was very good.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:36 pm

wink568 wrote:I watch a lot of movies. Heh, if I posted every time I saw a new movie I liked, it'd go on forever.

Right now I'm trying to watch every movie on IMDBs top 250 list.

I suppose the most memorable movies I've seen as of late would be Osama. It's a film about a little girl and her mother in Afghanstan. Her father is dead, and women aren't allowed to be in public with out a man, so she has to disguise herself as a boy so that she and her mother can actually get food and work, and survive.

Another movie that struck me was Life is Beautiful. It's an Italian movie with subtitles. I'm not ruining anything by saying this, as it is the movie summary posted on IMDB. "A Jewish man has a wonderful romance with the help of his humour, but must use that same quality to protect his son in a Nazi death camp." The worst part is that I didn't know what it was about when I started watching it, and the first half was so funny, and I thought it was just a comedy. I didn't realize the darker side of it at first. It caught me off guard, but was very good.
OMG! I loved Osama, that was a good movie. I would recommend reading the book 'The Breadwinner' which has a similar plot to Osama. I have not seen 'Life is Beautiful' but someone told me it was really good.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

DistantMemory
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by DistantMemory » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:16 pm

Tiff wrote:Joe and I saw Golden Compass last night, and I really liked it. Dunno why it got pretty poor reviews o.O
I know EXACTLY what you mean! >_< As a huge fan of the books, I know that most of those reviews are coming from some pretty militant Christians.

(Note that I do NOT refer to Christians in general, my father's one and he loves the movie as much as I do. :D)
"I want to go back to believing in everything and knowing nothing at all..."
~Evanescence, "Field of Innocence"

"I love you."
"WHAT!?! What did you say!?"
"Um, uh, olive juice!"
"...Olive juice?"
"*in a whisper* Olive juice you too!"
~Stewie and Brian, Family Guy, "The Tan Aquatic with Steve Zissou"

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Yea, the only good review for Golden Compass I saw was from Roger Ebert. He gave it four stars. I was also annoyed with the conservative Christians, I'm Catholic but the church is so freaking closed minded. Whatever, Golden Compass won an Oscar for its special effects. :D
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!