I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Speaking of files we can't read, does anyone know how to open a CBR file? I can't seem to find anything that works.

Recently I've been annoyed with people who go on and on about how Alice in Wonderland is such a dark and gothic story. I don't see how anything in the story is like that.

Crazy dream sequences ≠ DARK and GAWTH!!11, nor does the fact that EGL designers make Alice inspired dresses. Lewis Carrol used a lot of political commentary when he wrote both stories. It'd be like saying The Daily Show is gothic.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tempest
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Tempest » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:36 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Speaking of files we can't read, does anyone know how to open a CBR file? I can't seem to find anything that works.
Well, I user Winrar. I usually just change the extension from .CBR to .RAR and I'm able to unzip them perfectly fine.
And really, why shouldn't we be afraid? In case you haven't heard, life is terminal. Cigarettes will kill you. So will your cellphone. Your car is a deadly weapon and alcohol is a quiet killer. Don't lick the lead-based paint on the walls. Don't lick the back of a postage stamp and certainly don't lick any strangers! That will bring you down quickly indeed. Don't drink the water but don't drink less than eight glasses a day. Your enviroment is toxic, your natural resources are dwindling, your days are numbered, but what ever you do, don't panic! The stress, don't you know, will kill you.
-- Jonathon Crane/The Scarecrow Rise of Sin Tzu novel

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:50 pm

peachvampiress wrote:.

Recently I've been annoyed with people who go on and on about how Alice in Wonderland is such a dark and gothic story. I don't see how anything in the story is like that.

Crazy dream sequences ≠ DARK and GAWTH!!11, nor does the fact that EGL designers make Alice inspired dresses.
who keeps saying this?
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Passions55
who keeps saying this?
Mostly Tim Burton fans (his next film is Alice and Wonderland). I can not count how many times I've seen people say how perfect he is to direct since Alice is such a dark story.

Although I have seen non Burton fans go on and on about how Alice is so dark and goth. Just because it's inspired a lot of gothy artwork and clothing doesn't mean the original story is like that.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:19 am

peachvampiress wrote:Speaking of files we can't read, does anyone know how to open a CBR file? I can't seem to find anything that works.

Crazy dream sequences ≠ DARK and GAWTH!!11, nor does the fact that EGL designers make Alice inspired dresses. Lewis Carrol used a lot of political commentary when he wrote both stories. It'd be like saying The Daily Show is gothic.
I just recently read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and through the looking glass and it isn't goth in the slightest.

If anything it's more like an acid trip.

I just hope this time they keep to the story and not splice the two stories together like they always do
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

denizenofevil
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

I'm just really annoyed right now.

Post by denizenofevil » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:51 pm

I'm really annoyed at my bestfriend who is constantly texting some guy while we're hanging out. I kid you not, she texts him 24 hours a day, even during class. We had a sleepover recently and through the whole thing, she was texting him or getting online to talk to him on myspace. She says she doesn't like him but that he's really depressed and needs someone to talk to or else he'll be tempted to get on drugs (he gets on them anyways). When we're hanging out, her phone is always going off with text messages and she's constantly answering them and I know the guy is obsessed with her. I know she just wants to help him but i'm starting to feel that texting him is more important to her than hanging out with a group of her friends. It's getting increasingly worse. I remember a while ago when she used to text occasionally when we hung out and i didn't mind but now, she's texting him every 5 minutes. When we hang out, we still have a lot of fun and we enjoy each others company but still, i wonder if it's okay to be so irritated or do i just have low self esteem? What would you do and how would you feel? Do i have the right to feel so upset?

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:22 pm

If I were you I would sit down with her and tell her how you feel. Tell her it's rude for her to be texting 24/7 and worse when she texts while you two are hanging out. You have the right to feel upset. That's my advice.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:35 am

ADMIN MODE:

We have a whole thread dedicated to reasons you're annoyed right now. Merged there.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:24 pm

I don't like it when people blow certain characteristics about yourself out of portion to put you down while acting all surprised in that phony exaggerated kind of way.

I'm usually quite and soft spoken when I'm at work but I can cuss like sailor when I'm ticked off enough and I can get pretty physical when I'm provoked enough. Yesterday I got angry at this customer and after the idiot left I let out a heart felt expletive, and called him a douche bag.

And the one of my coworkers over heard and was like "OMG!! Did you just swear?! Wow I didn't think you where even capable of swearing! That was the funniest thing!" And apparently she told my whole job and I had some coworkers, who don't know me very well coming up to me asking if I really cussed. WTF are you kidding me? People need to get their heads of of their asses and stop stereotyping people who are quite and generally polite as being little pansy Mary Sue's, because any one gets mad and uses expletives every so often.

People who hide behind humour to make a provoking or other wise fucked up remark calculated to throw a dig at some one and then play it off as just a joke when they are called out on it.

Guys who make over generalizations of women, that we are all lazy manipulative, gold diggers and that we use our vagina's to win arguments. Do you have any idea how freaking offensive it is for any woman with any self respect hear that all time? In both media and social situations?

I mean my God, I'm tired of this attitude that some guys have that women should stop being upset with men who treat them poorly, because we can win any fight if we show a little skin or sex them up. And if we don't we bring it on our selves for not doing it. Jeez, why is it that guys think we have it so easy if we use our sexuality to win fights? Not all women want to win by using their sexuality to win an argument or get their own way. In fact those of us with self respect don't use that method.

And yes I know that there are women who do just that, but I'm tired of that being the ultimate waiver for all woman to ripped on.

It's become such a taboo for women to lump all men together as being dicks or cheaters and every thing nasty in between. But it still seems OK for it to be done to us.

sorry about the rant. I really had to vent about this.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:03 pm

I also get annoyed when someone hears me swear and they go OMG! YOU'RE SWEARING?!?! Wow people, we're only human and we have our days when we swear.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

Princess Latona
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Princess Latona » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:00 pm

This just happened to me yesterday, and it's royally ticked me off.

So my fiance's twin brother and his wife just had their first baby back in September. With living out here on the opposite coast from them, I've always felt like a bit of an outsider, but my sweetheart was encouraging me to try and contribute somehow. So I started finding little things they might need for the baby and sending them. Y'know, things like toys, bath goodies for the baby, etc. I've been damn proud she's born; hell I've already thought of her as my niece.

So how do I get thanked? I get a long e-mail from them, only 4-5 lines of which actually thanked me for the gifts for the baby. The rest of it was a long diatribe (with bits of passive-aggression) about our upcoming move together, implying this is an impulsive thing, dragging up old half-true crap about me, etc. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer my thank-yous not to come with an extra large diatribe that implies I'm rushing him into anything. They also implied they didn't think he would make it on his own, that he should be near his family so he can have their support.

What makes it worse is it makes me seriously not want to contribute anything further for the baby. And I find that sad, as I really wanted to establish the relationship with them, and work toward a better one with the rest of his family. (Asides from his mother, who has met me already and likes me.) This just ticked me off so much that they'd be that insulting and rude not just towards me, but towards him as well. This is the same brother who said my guy should be able to make his own choices and live life as he wishes. Goddammit, I also hate hypocrites.

Whew, this got longer than I meant for it to. Guess it still riles me up.
What is life? What if all it is is God playing a game of The Sims? Or even his own version of Final Fantasy? ~Me

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:03 am

Ok I'm probably gonna upset some people by saying this, but I don't care right now.

I'm so sick of people talking about how awesome of a president Obama is... even though he hasn't done ANYTHING yet. I mean, the man isn't even in office! For all we know, he could screw up majorly and bring the country to hell. (And I do not hope this happends).

But seriously? Talking about making the day he was elected a holiday? People going on about change? Well not all change has to be good...

Meh I just can't wait till the inaguration ceremony is over!

Oh and for the record, even though I did not vote for Obama or support many of his political views, I do infact hope that he does end up being an awesome president for the country's sake.
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:12 am

Rin wrote:Ok I'm probably gonna upset some people by saying this, but I don't care right now.

I'm so sick of people talking about how awesome of a president Obama is... even though he hasn't done ANYTHING yet. I mean, the man isn't even in office! For all we know, he could screw up majorly and bring the country to hell. (And I do not hope this happends).

But seriously? Talking about making the day he was elected a holiday? People going on about change? Well not all change has to be good...

Oh and for the record, even though I did not vote for Obama or support many of his political views, I do infact hope that he does end up being an awesome president for the country's sake.
I agree 100% with this post.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:57 pm

Rin wrote:Ok I'm probably gonna upset some people by saying this, but I don't care right now.

Even though I am an Obama supporter I agree with what you say. I am annoyed with super Obama fans going OMG HE'S THE BEST!!! Uhmmm he's not in office yet peoples, all he's been doing right now is preparing to get sworn in and thinking of more ideas to (hopefully) get us out of a recession. I also am annoyed on how some people think once he sits down in the oval office all the problems will go away, yea it will take a while for him to fix the current issues we have now.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Agreed. I do believe Obama will do a good job, but... enough already. I'm done hearing about this...

There is a reason why The Daily Show has been having a field day recently because of the ******* insane media obsession... if you are posting someone's daughter's LUNCH MENUS, that's just WRONG. Enough. Get to actual news, not going on about 'Obama scored ___ in a golf match!' or something else completely worthless.
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:48 pm

yoshmaster5 wrote:

Agreed. I do believe Obama will do a good job, but... enough already. I'm done hearing about this...

There is a reason why The Daily Show has been having a field day recently because of the ******* insane media obsession... if you are posting someone's daughter's LUNCH MENUS, that's just WRONG. Enough. Get to actual news, not going on about 'Obama scored ___ in a golf match!' or something else completely worthless.
Now that you mention that. Something that has been annoying me is how the "World News" is not actual world news. Seriously last night I watched ABC's world news and all they talked about was the inauguration and how expensive it was going to be. Nothing on what is happening in other countries, it happens every day. Next time the World News is on just sit down and check how many of the actual news on there is from the actual world not just america.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:42 am

I'm sorry, was today the inaguration or the second coming?

Seriously.

How many people are going to freak out when they find out this guy is human? I actually feel sorry for him. I'd hate to have so many unrealistic expectations leveled at me. Of course, I hope he does a good job for all our sakes, but... jeez.
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:14 am

NameGoesHere wrote:I'm sorry, was today the inaguration or the second coming?

Seriously.

How many people are going to freak out when they find out this guy is human? I actually feel sorry for him. I'd hate to have so many unrealistic expectations leveled at me. Of course, I hope he does a good job for all our sakes, but... jeez.
Those were almost exactly my words last night. It's scary as hell to think some people revel this man as though he's a Messiah or a God, that the world is going to miraculously change becuase he's in power now. Some people are going to be very, very disappointed. And it seems like, to a lot of his followers, he can do no wrong.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:42 am

Why are they picking on me!? I swear to god this has happened to me TWICE. I understand copyright and I'd be pissed if someone was claiming something I did as their own but I'M NOT DOING THAT!
Two of my youtube videos have been blocked because of Copyright issues. I put the author of the damn song in the credits what more do they want? So I either replace my current song with one of the shit licenced songs or delete it altogether.
The most annoying part is, my videos didn't have that many views, (below 2000) yet a shitload of other videos have tons of views, therefore making them EASIER to find in a search, but the powers that be decide to pick on my little videos instead. Its victimization.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:Why are they picking on me!? I swear to god this has happened to me TWICE. I understand copyright and I'd be pissed if someone was claiming something I did as their own but I'M NOT DOING THAT!
Two of my youtube videos have been blocked because of Copyright issues. I put the author of the damn song in the credits what more do they want? So I either replace my current song with one of the shit licenced songs or delete it altogether.
The most annoying part is, my videos didn't have that many views, (below 2000) yet a shitload of other videos have tons of views, therefore making them EASIER to find in a search, but the powers that be decide to pick on my little videos instead. Its victimization.
..They aren't "picking on you" or "victimizing" you. If the owner(s) of the song don't want their music to be used freely, then that's their right. You may have credited the artist, but that might not be good enough in the eyes of those who hold the copyright. And again, that is their right.

The fact that your video happened to get noticed over those others...come on, it isn't as though they're chuckling evilly and twirling their handlebar mustaches as they single you out. It's just the one they happened to catch.

If somebody used a form of art that was mine that I ABSOLUTELY did not want other people to use, that I held a copyright on, I wouldn't give a shit even if they had said "This was drawn by Tiffany G." It's MINE, I'd have copyright to it, and I'd have the right to say, "Hey, take that shit down. It's mine."

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama