I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:07 am

jupiter23 wrote:
2) This doesn't happen often, but when it does, it irritates me. I'm still in college at 25 (long story), but I have a career goal in mind and am working hard toward it. I HATEHATEHATEHATE people who ask about how school is going, and when they learn how old I am, they say, "Wow, you're 25 years old?! I would have thought you'd be done with school by now!" I don't really think that needs any further explanation...
That makes me wonder how they would react if you happened to be a grad student. I always hated getting the "How is school going?" question from people. I believe the answer to that should be obvious if you're still there. Now that I've graduated, they all ask me what I'm going to do with myself now. My only response to that one is that if I had the answer to that, I'd have either given it, or the question would have been totally unnecessary.
That IS totally obnoxious.

When I started working at Home Depot, this little skinny emo boy that works there (He can't be more than like 18 or 19) asked me if I was done with school. I said that yes, I finished when I was twenty. His response was, "well, that's depressing." and i said "what?" and he said "I'd hate to think that after finishing college, I'M working at home depot."

I looked at him and said, "Dear, I've taught for three years. I'm working here because I'm pregnant, had to take a break from teaching, and need an income." He felt liek an idiot after that.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:52 am

I get really annoyed when I'm on a message board and one one of the memebers writes a totally emo "this is my last post" thread, where they announce that they are leaving the forum and never coming back because some one hurt their feelings, or things aren't going their way in their favorite show. Mostly because I find them to be selfish attention getting devices designed to get people to talk them into staying. :roll:

I'm also annoyed will all the junk I get in my email of really stupid or dirty stuff. I'm a girl, so I really don't need advertisments sent to my email box on "male enhancement" :roll:
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

wink568
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by wink568 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:14 am

-One thing that really annoys me about school is that a lot of the profs. (especially the ones teaching the gen. ed. classes) expect you to be at school everyday, and you lose points if you miss a class. If you're sick, you need to bring a doctors note to not lose the points. If I have the flu, I know I have the flu, I don't need a doctor to tell me. I've had teachers say if you're sick enough to miss school you need to see a doctor. I think I'm sick enough to miss school if I can't stand up for long enough to walk to class without getting sick.

-I hate when people act like my life is over because I graduate in May. I can't wait to get out in the real world. Just because they want to spend 6+ years in college so they can party... (Not trying to sound too judgmental for those of you that actually needed the six years because of your program). I just know too many people that party all the time, and actually tell me they wanna stay in school so they don't have to be out there.

- People that are judgmental. My boyfriend doesn't drink at all, for personal reasons. People assume he thinks he's better than them because he doesn't drink. He doesn't look down upon people who do drink. In fact, he makes a great DD, lol. He's throwing a birthday party for himself, and buying a keg for everybody, but he's not going to drink. People act like "Oh, Kiel thinks he's better than everybody else because he doesn't drink." It's just bull crap.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:56 am

Passions55 wrote:I get really annoyed when I'm on a message board and one one of the memebers writes a totally emo "this is my last post" thread, where they announce that they are leaving the forum and never coming back because some one hurt their feelings, or things aren't going their way in their favorite show. Mostly because I find them to be selfish attention getting devices designed to get people to talk them into staying. :roll:
God, yes. And people who do that usually do it so they can see how many people go, "Oh noez, plz don't go, we like yooooou", when they never planned on REALLY leaving in the first place.

One thing that really annoys me about school is that a lot of the profs. (especially the ones teaching the gen. ed. classes) expect you to be at school everyday, and you lose points if you miss a class. If you're sick, you need to bring a doctors note to not lose the points. If I have the flu, I know I have the flu, I don't need a doctor to tell me. I've had teachers say if you're sick enough to miss school you need to see a doctor. I think I'm sick enough to miss school if I can't stand up for long enough to walk to class without getting sick.
I NEVER understood that. How does whether or not I'm in class every single day reflect my grade and whether or not I know the material? It's completely stupid.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:41 pm

Tiff
When I started working at Home Depot, this little skinny emo boy that works there (He can't be more than like 18 or 19) asked me if I was done with school. I said that yes, I finished when I was twenty. His response was, "well, that's depressing." and i said "what?" and he said "I'd hate to think that after finishing college, I'M working at home depot."

I looked at him and said, "Dear, I've taught for three years. I'm working here because I'm pregnant, had to take a break from teaching, and need an income." He felt liek an idiot after that.
He is going to reach a new level of emo when he finds out that graduating from college/university doesn't equal "INSTANT CAREER!!"
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:45 pm

peachvampiress wrote:
He is going to reach a new level of emo when he finds out that graduating from college/university doesn't equal "INSTANT CAREER!!"
No shit...as though people are lined up outside graduation yelling "PLEASE, COME WORK FOR US! WE WANT TO HIRE YOU AND PAY YOU BIG BUCKS!!" -_-

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 pm

I love animation. One thing that really annoys me is when some people assume that all animation is distributed by Disney. Some people I have met say Shrek is their favorite Disney movie, well, that's great except Shrek is distributed by Dreamworks. I find annoying and don't understand how people don't pay attention at the very beginning of a movie that has the distributor's logos shown. I think it's better if someone who is unsure of the distributor to refer it as an animated movie, not Disney movie because it may or may not be a Disney movie.

Another thing that annoys me (also involving animation, and I think many here will agree) that animation is ONLY for KIDS. I know one adult who says he refuses to watch animation because he thinks it's kids' stuff. I even got into an argument with my mother one time about this topic.

I also don't like it when kids are in movie theaters. One time I was in a movie theater and some kids just had to stand up and run around the theater as if they were in a playground. I also don't like crying kids (as someone mentioned before) in theaters. A few years ago I went to see Harry Potter on IMAX and this family had a little girl who was crying the whole time, at one point they left.

On IMDb.com, I get really annoyed when I got to a movie's board and if that movie is on the Top 250 (IMDb's list of highly rated movies) there will be a crapload of threads saying 'OMFG!!! WHY IS THIS ON THE TOP 250 I HATED IT!!!' or something of that nature. I understand if you did not like the movie but you don't need to go on IMDb.com and write a thread with a title as I mentioned before. If you don't like a movie that's on the Top 250 fine, but don't bother going to that movie's board.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
I...Drink...Your...MILKSHAKE!!!-Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood
[email protected]#$%, you dont have a future.-The Bride, Kill Bill Vol. 2
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Whats the most youve ever lost on a coin toss?-Anton, No Country For Old Men
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Id sacrifice that bitch to satan!-Raye, Sailor Moon Abridged
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
AnimatedEvey12s Myspace, click if you dare!
My Blog
LJ!!!

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:17 pm

AnimatedEvey12
Another thing that annoys me (also involving animation, and I think many here will agree) that animation is ONLY for KIDS. I know one adult who says he refuses to watch animation because he thinks it's kids' stuff. I even got into an argument with my mother one time about this topic.
Next time that happens, show them Heavy Metal. Best movie ever, and it's Canadian (a part of my heritage :D)
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Alexclow345
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Alexclow345 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:39 pm

It annoys me when employees don't know what they are talking about.

I was at Best Buy, and I asked where I could find a USB flash drives, and the employee didn't know what one was. If you're going to work at a electronic store, do some research!
Sailor Jupiter Rules!

Still don''t know why this sig sucks. And I''ve been spelling sailor wrong for 2 years. Huh.
NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more Jupiter!

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:03 am

When people can't be arsed to read the description or comments on youtube videos. The number of times I've seen people asking "What is teh song in teh video please?" and it's very clearly written in the description or in the comments somewhere.

It also bugs me when people give you thumbs down because they don't agree with a comment you made, for example, I made a comment on a video about 4kids Pokemon edits (4kids hate riceballs) in which I stated I thought 4kids did a good job of editing over the riceballs to look like western food. Just because the members didn't agree with what I wrote I got a number of thumbs down and abuse.
I love animation. One thing that really annoys me is when some people assume that all animation is distributed by Disney. Some people I have met say Shrek is their favorite Disney movie, well, that's great except Shrek is distributed by Dreamworks. I find annoying and don't understand how people don't pay attention at the very beginning of a movie that has the distributor's logos shown. I think it's better if someone who is unsure of the distributor to refer it as an animated movie, not Disney movie because it may or may not be a Disney movie.
Yeah that bugs me too. It's also another example of youtube ignorance. I was watching a Disney fan video and the description said "I have included 4 none Disney movies too" (Anastasia, Thumbelina, Sinbad, Swan Princess) and the number of people who said '------is not a disney movie" was unbelieveable, read the friggin description!
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:09 pm

Iced_Cappucino wrote:When people can't be arsed to read the description or comments on youtube videos. The number of times I've seen people asking "What is teh song in teh video please?" and it's very clearly written in the description or in the comments somewhere.

It also bugs me when people give you thumbs down because they don't agree with a comment you made, for example, I made a comment on a video about 4kids Pokemon edits (4kids hate riceballs) in which I stated I thought 4kids did a good job of editing over the riceballs to look like western food. Just because the members didn't agree with what I wrote I got a number of thumbs down and abuse.
Yeah that bugs me too. It's also another example of youtube ignorance. I was watching a Disney fan video and the description said "I have included 4 none Disney movies too" (Anastasia, Thumbelina, Sinbad, Swan Princess) and the number of people who said '------is not a disney movie" was unbelieveable, read the friggin description!
I agree, people should read the description, if it is not stated ANYWHERE in the description then ask. As for the animation thing I stated before, I had an argument with a friend of mine who wanted to see Horton Hears A Who and he tells me that it's a Disney movie and I went ballistic when he called it a Disney movie. I ranted on his facebook wall and told him that I would prefer him to do homework on animation studios.
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
Dont toy with me Dr. Jones ! What is the point of all this?-Agent Irina Spalko, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I use a knife because guns are too quick. Otherwise, you cant savor all the emotions. You know who people are in their last moments-The Joker, The Dark Knight
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:20 pm

When parents don't take proper care of their kids. The day camp I work at is outside all day, and it was around 100 today. Super hot. One poor little 6-year-old girl didn't have any water with her. We told her to drink from the water fountain, but she ended up sick after lunch anyway. After she had been picked up by her mother at the end of the day, we found her lunch box that she forgot to take home. We opened it to see if maybe there was some juice or something that she forgot to drink. Well, first of all, she didn't eat much of her lunch, which partly explains why she felt sick. But the only food in there was cookies and crackers and such. Nothing healthy. Her mother sent her to a 6-hour outdoor camp with no water and crappy food. Seriously, wtf? No wonder she felt sick. It's freaking hot outside, you need to make sure your child will be ok.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

AnimatedEvey12
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by AnimatedEvey12 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:00 pm

the*blue*girl wrote:When parents don't take proper care of their kids. The day camp I work at is outside all day, and it was around 100 today. Super hot. One poor little 6-year-old girl didn't have any water with her. We told her to drink from the water fountain, but she ended up sick after lunch anyway. After she had been picked up by her mother at the end of the day, we found her lunch box that she forgot to take home. We opened it to see if maybe there was some juice or something that she forgot to drink. Well, first of all, she didn't eat much of her lunch, which partly explains why she felt sick. But the only food in there was cookies and crackers and such. Nothing healthy. Her mother sent her to a 6-hour outdoor camp with no water and crappy food. Seriously, wtf? No wonder she felt sick. It's freaking hot outside, you need to make sure your child will be ok.
That's terrible, I remember when my mom worked at a community center (mainly for low income families) she found out that some of the kids were given french fries and other junk food to eat. Kids need healthy food. Is your day camp thinking of calling the mother? or reporting this?
*~*FAVORITE QUOTES*~*
Everybody say YATTA!!!
DeviantART
My Blog
LJ!!!

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:38 pm

AnimatedEvey12 wrote:
the*blue*girl wrote:When parents don't take proper care of their kids. The day camp I work at is outside all day, and it was around 100 today. Super hot. One poor little 6-year-old girl didn't have any water with her. We told her to drink from the water fountain, but she ended up sick after lunch anyway. After she had been picked up by her mother at the end of the day, we found her lunch box that she forgot to take home. We opened it to see if maybe there was some juice or something that she forgot to drink. Well, first of all, she didn't eat much of her lunch, which partly explains why she felt sick. But the only food in there was cookies and crackers and such. Nothing healthy. Her mother sent her to a 6-hour outdoor camp with no water and crappy food. Seriously, wtf? No wonder she felt sick. It's freaking hot outside, you need to make sure your child will be ok.

That's terrible, I remember when my mom worked at a community center (mainly for low income families) she found out that some of the kids were given french fries and other junk food to eat. Kids need healthy food. Is your day camp thinking of calling the mother? or reporting this?
If it keeps happening, we will.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:30 am

I was watching mew mew power on popgirl (I was bored, it was early) and it was the episode where 'Zoey' was trying to reconcile the relationship betwen 'Corina' and her brother. This is the second time this has happened on popgirl, after the break the episode doesn't continue from where it left off but starts all over again and the credits roll half way through th episode. The people running the place are too lazy to try to fix the problem that they just keep playing it in its screwed up form over and over.

I feel bad for the poor kiddies that will never get to see what happens.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:13 am

In movies or TV series, there is a group of people, usually 4, and one of them happends to be of a different race. People see this and complain that this character is just a token.

I wouldn't have a problem with this. But if all the characters were to be of the same race (usually white) people would complain that the movie/tv show is racist because everyone is white. (Though this happends more with movies rather than TV shows.)

Also, when people whine about plot devices. Especially when a plot device makes a story interesting. For crying out loud it's just fiction!
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:18 am

Rin wrote:In movies or TV series, there is a group of people, usually 4, and one of them happends to be of a different race. People see this and complain that this character is just a token.

I wouldn't have a problem with this. But if all the characters were to be of the same race (usually white) people would complain that the movie/tv show is racist because everyone is white. (Though this happends more with movies rather than TV shows.)

Also, when people whine about plot devices. Especially when a plot device makes a story interesting. For crying out loud it's just fiction!
What I don't get is why there can be movies where just about every character is black (Tyler Perry's movies, for example), but you can't do the same for white. It's complete hypocrisy.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:20 pm

Im gonna have to respectfully disagree with the token and or all race movie comments. Now Ive stated I personally hate when they take a character of a known race and change their ethnicity just to throw minorities a bone. It still drives me nuts but I dont get upset when you see a show with a almost one ethinicity then one person who is thrown in the mix. I dont like how they are normally portrayed but hollywood has yet to get most diversity storylines right.

I can understand why some get frustrated why many black people (myself included) get testy when it comes to the equal factor in movies and tv. But lets face it when it comes to hollywood in general most minorities not just african americans are still trying to come on their own. That is why it is still a big deal when a minority be it black, hispanic, asian or islander wins something like an oscar or emmy people of those communities treat it like a big deal. For years hollywood was almost all white, and tv still reflects some of that as well.

I dont like the idea of ethinic seperation period, but many tv shows still do this. For some reason hollywood still thinks that is more easier to throw in one person of a different ethnic backround into a group of the same (cause it happens on minority shows to ie Joey Lawernce on half and half, Stan on Martin and a few others) is the equivalent of a diverse world. To me that is very uneven when it comes to telling stories about different people.

Hell Ive yet to see a show acturately depict interacial couples yet as if that doesnt happen in this day and age. Ive yet to see movies truly touch on families who have truly diverse backrounds either. And the few that do try to touch on it, its always the same plot a white girl bringing a black guy home or a black girl bringing her white boyfriend home to meet the parents. Until the barriers of race and all aspects of people who can coexist without worrying about skin tone can be accurately portrayed then your gonna have it where people dont appreciate the few bones that are thrown at them.

And to the Tyler Perry comment I understand it seems that there is no place for others in his movies but considering most of them are about a family group its the main reason why I never questioned why there were little to no whites or other groups in them. In his tv show and a few of his plays he has white actors as well. I just think Hollywood tends to reflect the attitudes some people still have on race in general and until this country lightens up its the way its gonna stay.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

supersailorearth
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by supersailorearth » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Rin wrote:In movies or TV series, there is a group of people, usually 4, and one of them happends to be of a different race. People see this and complain that this character is just a token.

I Hate Political Correctness in general. It is the most annoying thing ever!!!!!!!!! *Goes all emo and slits wrist from listening to a candidates speech*
Last edited by supersailorearth on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slrjoecool
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Slrjoecool » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:56 am

supersailorearth wrote:Hate Political Correctness in general. It is the most annoying thing ever!!!!!!!!! *Goes all emo and slits wrist from listening to a candidates speech*
OMG! It's not "emo", it's "Emotionally Traumatized Persons". GAWD!

[/ot]
~~ Married to my Tiffu on August 4th, 2007 ~~

Flesh may cross the portal,
and seek it’s master Death.
Life may go where Death has trod,
and challenge, like Scheherazade,
he who reigns beneath the sod,
to spare a mortal’s breath.

My Journal: Hope
Web Gallery of Michael’s Pictures