I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

silsmile
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by silsmile » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:51 pm

Tiff wrote: It's the idiots who are too freakin' old to go out who do anyway, and end up smashing pumpkins, vandalizing houses, and terrorizing the kids who ruin it for the little ones.
That's true. I forgot about the vandalism side of the holiday. >.<
Last edited by silsmile on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:51 pm

Queen Of Hearts wrote:
Parents of little kids don't go to those houses. I awnsered the door last year, and all of ONE little kid showed up (around between the ages of 5 to 7) and she was crying her poor eyes out, and the father was laughing. >__> You don't know my neighboor hood. We are all feircely devoted to halloween. Its like a contest amoung houses to see how many kids they get to scream..
-_- Lame. You must have some severely sheltered kids in your area, for serious.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:03 pm

Might have been my Dad's fault though.He was hiding in the gradge and comes out when he hears people, but we told him not to scare the little kids, since last time, the parents bitched us out. But...well...
And hell, my mom got those white out contacts (the ones that make your eyes completely white except for alittle bit) and even I was running away from my own mommy

But, you are right. All of the kids here are really sheltered. There was this girl I knew in the 7th grade, and I told her about the day I found otu Santa wasn't real (well, come on, she is in the 7th grade, she should know by now) and her Mom yelled at me for "crushing her childs young dreams"
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:28 pm

I used to live in an area that prided itself on big decorations and scariness to most of the time the kids screamed got a hug then walked it off or laughed. I think if a guy jumped out the leaves at my kid he cry then try to throw his pumpkin candy holder at him lol. I just wish more kids tricked or treated I seen alot of the good candy on sale and I dont want to buy it only for it to sit around lol I know where it would end up x_x.

But the vandals do annoy me to some idiot teens think its fun to go egging people property or worst. I dont mind a prank here or there but this has gotten ridiculous Halloween isnt about destroying things and its a main factor to why alot of towns just wont put up with it. Razor blades asside (cause alot of that was scares from what ive read and saw.) Many towns just dont want to deal with the stupid deliquents and its sad. I think next year though now that I think about it im going to try to plan a neighboorhood thing, there are too many little kids in this neighboorhood not to have some sort of halloween festivities for them.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

the*blue*girl
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by the*blue*girl » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:14 pm

Higher schoolers in my town love trick-or-treating XD I know some people in my sophmore class who've been planning their costumes for a while now, and plenty of upper classmen are going out too. I wan't going to go this year, just because I didn't really reel like it, but my friend just invited me to come with her and her 3-year-old sister (who happens to adore me). I think I'll just strap on some fairy wings from last year and call it a costume =P
Anyway, my point is that Halloween isn't just for little kids here.

''Frustration is the byproduct of success.''- said by our instructor Jason in an attempt to motivate us

You`ll say, Don`t fear your dreams, it`s easier than it seems
You`ll say you`d never let me fall from hopes so high
But never is a promise and you can`t afford to lie

- Fiona Apple, Never is a Promise

Jason: Stop talking, put your clothes on, and go home.
Us:(in a perfect chorus) .... THAT''S WHAT HE SAID!
Jason: ...-_- I quit.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:21 pm

*shrugs*

No, HALLOWEEN isn't only for kids. But I think Trick or Treating is. That's just my opinion. I think when you become a teenager/adult, there's no fucking reason for you to go out and go door to door for free candy when you can march right up to the walmart and buy a bag yourself. I just don't see the point in it if you're not a child.

I just think it's better to go to a Halloween party, get together with friends and go to a haunted house, but leave the trick or treating to the kids.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:29 pm

Tiff wrote:*shrugs*

No, HALLOWEEN isn't only for kids. But I think Trick or Treating is. That's just my opinion. I think when you become a teenager/adult, there's no fucking reason for you to go out and go door to door for free candy when you can march right up to the walmart and buy a bag yourself. I just don't see the point in it if you're not a child.

I just think it's better to go to a Halloween party, get together with friends and go to a haunted house, but leave the trick or treating to the kids.

I agree after a certain age it stops being cute and looks more like mooching. Though I used to give candy to teens who were taking their siblings trick or treating cause heck I know what thats like lugging a bunch of younger kids around. Even if its fun I figure a compensary candy bar for their troubles isnt too much. But if it was a group of big kids Id turn them away even at the risk of the house getting egged.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:38 pm

Senshi_of_Vision wrote:
I agree after a certain age it stops being cute and looks more like mooching. Though I used to give candy to teens who were taking their siblings trick or treating cause heck I know what thats like lugging a bunch of younger kids around. Even if its fun I figure a compensary candy bar for their troubles isnt too much. But if it was a group of big kids Id turn them away even at the risk of the house getting egged.
*Nods* there's a big difference between saying "Hey, you look tired from lugging around Susan, Bobby, and Tommy, here, have a Crunch bar =D" and me giving candy to some teen simply because they slapped together a 2-second sorry excuse for a "costume" and becuase they want to get a bunch of sweets.

I last went trick or treating at 13, and even then I felt a little silly. I just felt..too damn old to be out there gathering candy. I love dressing up, but I can find other ways to do that.

=P That's what anime cons are for. XD

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:57 pm

I just think Halloween has lost it's appeal, and I'm not saying that just because I'm too old to trick or treat anymore. There doesn't seem to be any good Halloween specials on (unless you count some channels airing R rated horrors movies at night). Also, since Christmas and Halloween decorations are pretty much sold at the same time now, I think more people would rather buy Christmas stuff for decorating. Unless you've got small kids, I don't think family's would see a point in going to all the effort to decorate. With Christmas it's usually "Family/friends are coming over, let's decorate!" with Halloween it's "Some kids are coming over to ask for candy. Maybe I'll put up a jack'olantern, but other then that, why bother?"

Plus, like people have said, it seems like each year, more and more adults are using Halloween as an excuse to get drunk and vandalize stuff. Parents probably don't want to walk around at night with their kids if there's some drunk idiots roaming the streets, and people don't want to decorate if they think it'll just get ruined.
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:30 pm

peachvampiress wrote:I just think Halloween has lost it's appeal, and I'm not saying that just because I'm too old to trick or treat anymore. There doesn't seem to be any good Halloween specials on (unless you count some channels airing R rated horrors movies at night).
Now that I agree with. It seems Halloween is disappearing more and more. People barely have parties anymore and invite the neighbors. Communities don't have parties for the town. And how come I can barely find any good scary movies? I managed to find like...two.
Plus, like people have said, it seems like each year, more and more adults are using Halloween as an excuse to get drunk and vandalize stuff. Parents probably don't want to walk around at night with their kids if there's some drunk idiots roaming the streets, and people don't want to decorate if they think it'll just get ruined.
Exactly. And that's why it should be left to the kiddos.

Hell, I don't wanna spend the money to decorate if some jackass is going to mess it up, either.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Passions55
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Passions55 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:37 am

Halloween seems like a dead thing where I live too. I was fourteen when I stopped, and really I'm not that torn up over it. Most tweens in that age group go out under the pretense of Trick or Tweating but just smoke weed. :roll: Actually i don't even get many little kids any more where i live currently. Ever since 9/11 it's really dwindled off. I don't know if 9/11 has anything to do with it but it's what I've noticed.

But sometimes I get some real weirdo's at my door. :shock: Most of them fully grown adults, they actually come in small groups with not a single child or even teenager with them. And these adults ranges from people my age in the their early twenties to what looks like people in their mid and late thirties. It seems to have become a trend in my area. Last year I had some 40 something year old man who was balding dressed as a butterfly come to my door. All by himself. With no else with him. :!: Trick or Treating. :? I was a little freaked out and embarrassed for some reason.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

No one can ride your ass unless you bend over and Let them!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:44 am

Passions55 wrote:Last year I had some 40 something year old man who was balding dressed as a butterfly come to my door. All by himself. With no else with him. :!: Trick or Treating. :? I was a little freaked out and embarrassed for some reason.
.....Wow.

With a weirdo like that running around, I'd be afraid to send little Johnny out on his own, too >_>

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Iced_Cappucino
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Iced_Cappucino » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:08 pm

This year I made an effort to get sweeties for the kiddies however, if some loon answers the door in a hoodie and says "trick or treat" i'll close the door in his face.
Ross: You got me a cola drink.
Chandler: And a LEMON LIME!

Queen Of Hearts
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Queen Of Hearts » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:51 pm

Unlike other kids my age, I don't wear a hoodie and a mask. I wear a "costume". I saved up ALOT of money to get the costume I'm wearing tomorrow @[email protected]
The only problem with denying teens candy over here is that the parents will get pissy and tell you off, or they will vandalize....trust me, I know >__>
God Save the Lolita!
Recent Purchases-
Angelic Pretty lucky pack. <3
Bodyline Fruits Parlor Skirt

XRoseThornX
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by XRoseThornX » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:57 pm

I know I'm probably too old to be trick-or-treating. I'm fifteen. Not gonna lie. I go trick-or-treating with my five and seven year old niece and nephew. My problem is, I can't seem to grow up. I won't deny it. I realized at too young of an age that life is too short and that I didn't want to be an adult. When I turned thirteen, I thought it was so devastating because I was a "teenager" and no longer a "child."
I just wish Halloween was more of a big deal where I live. Last year, all these high schoolers (couldn't have been much older than me) rode around in a black van with a megaphone yelling curse words at kids walking by. We were gonna call the cops, but they had their license plate covered.
Then, the next day, we found out that somebody had egged my mom's car and threw god knows what at my dad's pick-up truck, so he had a shattered window. I agree, though, people my age are ruining it.
But Halloween has always been a big deal in my family. We decorate the most out of our whole neighborhood (which isn't that hard to do :P) and kids love coming to our house. My brother's the Halloween obsessive, I think he tries to bring back the time where Halloween was actually scary and kids actually enjoyed it. Back when you didn't have to check your candy so psychos didn't poison you.
Growing up in this time era sucks. :P

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:03 pm

ADMIN MODE:

Let's try to get off the trick or treating topic now. This thread is turning into a Halloween topic =P

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Butterscotch
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Butterscotch » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:40 pm

Edit: I get annoyed when I post in the wrong thread ^_^;
Last edited by Butterscotch on Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hobbes
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Hobbes » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:26 am

-People who argue with others just for the sake of aruging. You can't have that much hostility in you, let it go.

-Stupid people in the dining hall. Stop yelling about how good a piece of chicken is. It's not cute.
I AM YOUR LOVE-LOVE GODDESS B[BLEEP]ES!
-Aino Minako from Suburban Senshi

"Would I rather be feared or loved? Uh, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."
-Michael Scott, The Office

laffinizluv
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by laffinizluv » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:44 pm

Ugh, I get annoyed when I'm at school, doin'my work, and some damn kid starts beat boxing and/or rapping.

This, of course, leads to an entire crew of kids rapping and/or beatboxing and then it just gets out of hand.

(Now, I really lose it when the teacher then proceeds to participate... D=< )

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:26 pm

This is happening more recently, as I notice it more...

Does anyone else get really annoyed with all these random sex scenes in movies? You're watching a movie, and a sex scene is thrown in, to "inhanse the plot" when just implying it happened would do just as well. It just seems unnecessary, and disturbing. Movies marketed as PG-13 have sex scenes in them... we just watched one in school today. *shudder* Can't we restrict it to the pornography industry, rather than putting it in every hollywood film possible?
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06