I really get annoyed when...

Anything and everything (outside of the stuff on the above forums) can be discussed here.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:54 pm

I like cereal dry, but not often.

Annoyance: why is it that queues are always first come, first served? I was going to pick up my new computer and all I needed to do was to flash a recepit and get the thing. Everyone in front of me was having major corrective work done on their computers. Why can't they have a line for people who know what they need and will be quick about it?
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl
SMU Fan
SMU Fan

Post by Nehelenia's Crazy Fangirl » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:32 pm

came up with a few more
- People who laugh at ANYTHING no matter how unfunny it is. Seriously, a jerk once walked up to me at my school while I was sharpening my pencil and said "don't get mad at the pencil Melanie"[real name. I might've looked bored while sharpening my pencil, but angry? )0_o Everybody who was with hearing range started laughing so much their cheeks flushed. -_-;;

- Clerks who think you are the invisible wo/man. I remember one time when my Dad was in the checkout lane in Hollywood video, and he was next in line. The cashier person called out "Next!" and the person in BACK of my Dad went ahead of him and nobody even noticed. This happened a second time and my Dad had to almost yell to get someone's attention. -_-;;

- People who will not SHUT UP. My class was preparing to get out of the cafeteria a few days ago, and we were being kind of loud, so the principal blew a whistle. You know, one of those really loud ones? She blew it THREE TIMES and it didn't work. Finally another adult came in, and they BOTH had to yell to get my classes attention. I am proud to say I was one of the few people who actually shut up. Dumbasses...
Congratulations to the lucky winners of the Winter banner contest!=D Better luck on Valentines day to those who weren''t so lucky! ^_~*

We walk in the garden of his turbulence!!! =D- Geoffery Chaucer, A Knights Tale

Nehelenia, one for all. -Teh sloganize website. XDD
(\__/)
(+"."+)
(")_(") Help Bunny gain world domination.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:07 pm

ADMIN MODE:

I THOUGHT we already had an annoying thread...sure enough, we do.

=P try to search for such a topic before posting it.

Topic merged.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:02 pm

* I get really annoyed when people complain about shows/movies being "omg so unrealistic". I mean come on, TV shows shouldn't always have to mirror real life. I like watching shows so that I can escape from reality for a bit and just have fun watching people be silly and stuff. And what's more annoying is when I ask them, "Why in the world do you want it to be realistic?", they don't answer. -_- I will take an episode of Full House over the Real World any day. Simply because Full House makes me laugh, and Real World...just annoys me.

* I hate how fanfiction.net won't add a character serach for Pokemon. I've e-mailed them countless times with a list, yet they refuse to add it. They added a character search for Family Guy when it was only at 50 stories (which is, like, 2 pages. Were people that lazy?) And Pokemon has over 10,000 stories.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Jusenkyo no Pikachu
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

People talking in the movies

Post by Jusenkyo no Pikachu » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:54 am

On Saturday, I went to see The Grudge 2. It was OK--not as scary as the original theatrical Ju-on movies. Only for some reason I kept seeing Amber Tamblyn as Tibby Rollins (and Jennifer Beals as Bette Porter) instead of their respective characters. I did, however, like Edison Chen and the girl who played Allison.

One thing I did note, however, was that there were a bunch of teenage girls sitting some distance behind me. And, up until...oh, I dunno...about half an hour in, they either jabbered on, or they screamed every time Kayako and Toshio made an appearance. Fortunately, this was eventually reduced to just screaming at the scary bits.

And then, towards the end, I noticed a couple of kids in front of me walk in, have a chat, and walk out. Um...WTF?

Now, I'm about as close as an anti-piracy Aussie on a limited budget can get to being a MiSTie, but both occurrences were really just rude.

Post similar experiences here!
"That new girl? She seems kinda weird to me. And what kind of name is Buffy anyway?"
"Hey, Aphrodisia!"
--unaired Buffy pilot

If you're reading this, then you've lost the game.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:27 pm

ADMIN MODE:

This could really go into the "annoying things" thread, instead of having a thread of its own.

It just seems kinda small to have its own thread. I'm going to go ahead and merge it.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

nap*
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by nap* » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:07 pm

Sarcasm from a person who can't do it.
People who beg friends.
Parents who think they know best
When you get home to find out that the drink thats for the family is finshed before you even get a drop of it
The bus
People who,complaining about global warming when they probably aren't going to do anything about it
Febby''''s here, the shortest month of the year, and in London the weather is random, so there

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:48 pm

My general annoyance: When some people, for some reason, feel that their above everyone else, and they think they can talk down to others and get away with it.

Seriously, whatever happened to respect? -_-
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:16 pm

Good freaking grief I need to vent. You may remember my stories in the WTF thread about a certain dumbass in my fashion class (a.k.a. the one who's going to end up killing her chihuaua). Well this goes beyond the realm of WTF, straight into the void of "If I don't vent I'm going to snap her neck off" (hence the thread change).

Annoyance 1: Last Thursday the class had to turn in the jackets we've been making. At the beginning of class, dumbass and her friend were the only ones not there. My teacher Bev is a very nice, intelligent, no nonsense lady, and it's very obvious she's at the point that she wants to kill dumbass. Bev told all of us that "Don't think I don't notice this *points to their empty table*" and tells us how disrespectful they are and how it's going to affect their grade. We go into the sewing room and what should we find, but dumbass's sewing machine left on over night, and her pieces of fabric and patterns spread out over the table.

Annoyance 2: Last Wednesday we organized a bakesale to earn money for our fashion show at the end of the year. Lots of people brought stuff in and we all took turns watching the table. Except dumbass. She couldn't be bothered to bring any food in, or even help sell the stuff. She did however spend the entire day in the sewing room across from us working on her jacket. Their was an understanding between me and the other girls that it was alright to take a couple of cookies while we were working for free. Apparently dumbass was coming out of the sewing room frequently to take a bunch of food with her (without paying of course). Some of the other girls are so pissed off at her that they want to force her to pay $20 to cover the cost of the food she ate (and we were charging around 50 cents to $1.00, so that should tell you how much she ate).

Annoyance 3: After today she is so close to getting her ass beaten by me and the other 16 girls. On Friday she was again using the sewing room. Today the teachers and the rest of us discouvered that not only had she left her machine on again, she left two irons on for the weekend.

These irons don't shut off on their own. And the table they're on is covered in cotton which easily burns if the irons aren't on their hotplates. Oh and theirs that fact that all 20 machines in the room are run on motors and therefore are FULL OF FUCKING OIL. Yes, she left two metal irons on over the weeked in a room full of oil and $15,000+ worth of equipment.

Bev and another teacher were furious and it's reached the point where it's either we all lose the priveledge of using the sewing room, or we have to take turns watching dumbass and make sure she's not in their alone (basically baby sitting a 22 year old).
Peachvampiress has an account on DeviantArt. Insanity Within.
And a Myspace account for her clothing designs.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

"What the fuck are you talking about? You're taped to a chair."
~Suicide Kings

jupiter23
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by jupiter23 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:49 pm

peachvampiress wrote:Good freaking grief I need to vent. You may remember my stories in the WTF thread about a certain dumbass in my fashion class (a.k.a. the one who's going to end up killing her chihuaua). Well this goes beyond the realm of WTF, straight into the void of "If I don't vent I'm going to snap her neck off" (hence the thread change).

Annoyance 1: Last Thursday the class had to turn in the jackets we've been making. At the beginning of class, dumbass and her friend were the only ones not there. My teacher Bev is a very nice, intelligent, no nonsense lady, and it's very obvious she's at the point that she wants to kill dumbass. Bev told all of us that "Don't think I don't notice this *points to their empty table*" and tells us how disrespectful they are and how it's going to affect their grade. We go into the sewing room and what should we find, but dumbass's sewing machine left on over night, and her pieces of fabric and patterns spread out over the table.

Annoyance 2: Last Wednesday we organized a bakesale to earn money for our fashion show at the end of the year. Lots of people brought stuff in and we all took turns watching the table. Except dumbass. She couldn't be bothered to bring any food in, or even help sell the stuff. She did however spend the entire day in the sewing room across from us working on her jacket. Their was an understanding between me and the other girls that it was alright to take a couple of cookies while we were working for free. Apparently dumbass was coming out of the sewing room frequently to take a bunch of food with her (without paying of course). Some of the other girls are so pissed off at her that they want to force her to pay $20 to cover the cost of the food she ate (and we were charging around 50 cents to $1.00, so that should tell you how much she ate).

Annoyance 3: After today she is so close to getting her ass beaten by me and the other 16 girls. On Friday she was again using the sewing room. Today the teachers and the rest of us discouvered that not only had she left her machine on again, she left two irons on for the weekend.

These irons don't shut off on their own. And the table they're on is covered in cotton which easily burns if the irons aren't on their hotplates. Oh and theirs that fact that all 20 machines in the room are run on motors and therefore are FULL OF FUCKING OIL. Yes, she left two metal irons on over the weeked in a room full of oil and $15,000+ worth of equipment.

Bev and another teacher were furious and it's reached the point where it's either we all lose the priveledge of using the sewing room, or we have to take turns watching dumbass and make sure she's not in their alone (basically baby sitting a 22 year old).
I've been keeping up with your stories, and it might be pointless of me, but I'm going to ask anyway. Is there any way possible for the teachers to consider having her kicked out of this school? It isn't fair to the rest of you to have to babysit her while she's using that room, and it certainly wouldn't be fair if you all ended up punished because of her. Aside from the fact that she could end up being responsible for the place burning down in the worst case scenario.
Come join the party.

If the speed of light is 983,571,088 feet per second, what is the speed of dark?

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:09 am

It hasn't been brought up, but I'm sure the idea of expelling her has crossed Bev and the others minds. She has no redeeming qualities. She's disrespectful, can't design clothes realistically, can't take critisism and advice from the teachers (her rational is pretty much "Just because they've actually worked in the industry doesn't mean they know better than me"), can't sew exceptionally, basically can't do anything with out bitching about "HOW HARD IT IS WHY WON'T PEOPLE HELP POOR ME OH WOE OF WOES PITY ME!!!!!1111"

I know that me and some of the other girls are considering going to them and demanding that her clothes not go in the fashion show at the end of the year if she keeps acting like this, which is pretty unrealistic but it's worth a try.
Aside from the fact that she could end up being responsible for the place burning down in the worst case scenario.
Worst case scenario is she ends up killing someone. The buildings at my college have dozens and dozens of hallways, with little to no windows. There was a power outage this morning and I had to walk through the hallways to get to class. With the exception of a few emergency lights barely on it was pitch black. At 9:30am. Bev brought this point up with us. If a fire breaks out after school and someone's in the building, they can quite easily be trapped, especially if the classrooms (with the big windows) are locked.

"A number of times, the only thing that kept me out of a satin box was that I could size up the other guy maybe half a second quicker than he could me."

~Suicide Kings

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:56 pm

22 years old?!?! :shock:
What a fucking bimbo. I don't even know a better word to describe that chick. Ugh, I don't even want to think of a better word. Her stupidity is already making my brain hurt. >.<
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."

yoshmaster5
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337
Location: Richland/Kalamazoo, MI, or Central Michigan University

Post by yoshmaster5 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:47 pm

... holy shit.

expel her. they need to... people like that... just... *shudder*
-Adam Picard-
Blake? oh, like a coffee break!!
Poet? What is that? Is it tasty? Is it a popular new snack? Usagi, Stars 179

James: For some reason I'm seeing you in a nurse's uniform...
Steve: Thank you Jeff, that will be all. ... He's not here, is he? Oh God I've internalized him...
-Coupling; The Freckle, the Key, and the Couple who weren't

'Who will tell us about this? Oh, no it is didnt know New Orleans was underwater guy.'
-Jon Stewart, The Daily Show

"Plus, Act now and you'll get the Mood of Dick Cheney! Including Rage, *RANH* Irritability, *RANH* and Mind-Blowing Orgasmic pleasure! *RAAAAANH* Order now!"
-The Daily Show, 8-22-06

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:53 pm

Oh my lord...

That's just... ridiculous. I'm sorry but damn, what a fucking retard.

peachvampiress
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by peachvampiress » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:03 pm

Yay, more postivite shit from dumbass -_- [/uber sarcasm]

So one of the girls got her to pay the $20 for the food she ate. Actually dumbass phoned her mother (who I believe is in Alberta) and got her to write a check for the $20.

Later today I heard dumbass talking to the same girl who got her to pay about how "You've been a bitch to me lately" and blah blah blah, basically telling her that she has a lot to deal with at the moment (i.e. doing all the freaking projects that are assigned to all of us.) and how she doesn't need this, bitching about how the whole class is mean to her. The other girl's trying to explain to her that we're very close to losing our privledges and asked her how she thinks we feel about that, and also reminds her about how she could have set the room on fire. Dumbass blows it off like it's none of her concern. ME ME ME!!!

And this, oh God. This is about 9.0 on the annoying bitch-o-metre. She was telling me and a few other girls how her dog is going bald and "Mysteriously losing patches of it's fur." Now I had my headphones on, so I missed the next sentence she said, but based on the other girls reactions, she either said she was going to return her dog, or try and get some of her money back. Ho.LY. Shit. The looks on our faces. Dumbass said that "Well I paid $1000. I expect a quality dog." And then she left the room.

Geez, it's a dog, not a purse. They get sick at times. Maybe it's losing fur because it's so freaked out from being locked in either a car or a travelling kennnel all fucking day.

And I love how she can just blow $1000 on a ratty little dog (and weekends in the mountains snowboarding) but she has to get her mom to write a check for $20. FCUK >_<

~Suicide Kings

Kameko
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Kameko » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:13 pm

The girl sounds like a spoiled brat. Her mother needs to slap her upside the head. And to take things away from Dumbass, it annoys me when people type u and r, instead of you and are, beacuase they are too damn lazy to take the 0.0005 seconds to type out the whole word. The letters are right next to each other and you don't save time by shortening them.
Everybody was a baby once, Arthur. Oh, sure, maybe not today, or even yesterday. But once. Babies, chum: tiny, dimpled, fleshy mirrors of our us-ness, that we parents hurl into the future, like leathery footballs of hope. And you''ve got to get a good spiral on that baby, or evil will make an interception.

Sailormars Obsessed fan
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailormars Obsessed fan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:23 pm

when all the pieces fall into place except one and the one that doesnt completely screws up the entire puzzle (yes there is context in my life here)
"The great library of Willendorf, filled with dull tomes of trite accounts by pompous historians about matters that could not possibly be of interest to anyone but themselves." Kain -- Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:26 pm

I get annoyed when people get really annoyed.
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Rin
SMU Freak
SMU Freak

Post by Rin » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:30 am

I get really annoyed when I'm at school, not exactly feeling the greatest, and it is painfully obvious that the person next to me has not taken a shower for the past few weeks.

Also, I get really annoyed with extreme character bashing. I mean, it's ok not to like a certain character, but some people take it waaaaaaaay to far. and I'm like, they're fictional characters! They're not real!
Currently watching: Sailor Moon S movie

Red String Web comic: http://redstring.strawberrycomics.com/

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:52 pm

Rin wrote:Also, I get really annoyed with extreme character bashing. I mean, it's ok not to like a certain character, but some people take it waaaaaaaay to far. and I'm like, they're fictional characters! They're not real!
Especially if it has to do with 'shipping. Rowr!
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."